Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

8 hours ago, crytilis said:

You are receiving this error due to your Windows being a 32 bit version and the release of MRB you are attempting to use utilizes a 64 bit version of the the zlib library. 

All is not lost however, download the release from the 1st post which specifies for Mac/Linux as that release targets 32 bit so that it can run on Wine for those systems. It will also work for Windows systems that are 32 bit.

So I was very happy to read this. As someone stuck on a old 32-bit pc for the foreseeable future I had giving hope of using the newer version of Mid's. However when I downloaded the Linux/Mac version it did load but I keep getting a pop-up error box. It pops every time I move my mouse over a power. I copied what I assume is the error report from the box. Can you tell what the problem is from it? And perhaps a solution?

************* Exception Text **************
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0> System.Linq.Enumerable.Append(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0>, !!0)'.
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GBPA_AddEnhFX(IPower& iPower, Int32 iIndex)
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GBPA_SubPass0_AssemblePowerEntry(Int32 nIDPower, Int32 hIDX)
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GetBasePower(Int32 iPower, Int32 nIDPower)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.Info_Power(Int32 powerIdx, Int32 iEnhLvl, Boolean NoLevel, Boolean Lock)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.llPool2_ItemHover(ListLabelItemV2 Item)
   at midsControls.ListLabelV2.ListLabelV2_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.7
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ray/Downloads/New%20folder/Hero%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Base
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ray/Downloads/New%20folder/Base.DLL
midsControls
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ray/Downloads/New%20folder/midsControls.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.5.7.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.7.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ray/Downloads/New%20folder/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

9 hours ago, crytilis said:

You are receiving this error due to your Windows being a 32 bit version and the release of MRB you are attempting to use utilizes a 64 bit version of the the zlib library. 

All is not lost however, download the release from the 1st post which specifies for Mac/Linux as that release targets 32 bit so that it can run on Wine for those systems. It will also work for Windows systems that are 32 bit.

That fixed the problem, thanks!

I don’t know if this has been reported or if there is even a patch in the works, but the printed copy of the build planner has a bug when displaying the levels of powers, slots, and the enhancements themselves.

If you’ll look at the image, Frost Breath was taken at level 2, Fly at level 4, Stealth at level 6, etc., the usual progression of a power every even level up to level 32.  However, they all show odd levels because of something whacky going on.

What it shows is that for each of those power picks, a level has been subtracted and a ‘1’ has been added to the end of each level so that now Frost Breath is level 11, Fly is level 31, Stealth is level 51.

Also, each enhancement should be max level for its range so for example, Javelin Volley should show as level 50, but again, Mids is subtracting a level from it and adding a ‘1’ to the end.

I use the Multi-Page (Long Format), Print History Page, Print Invention Levels, Double Sided (Long Edge Bind) print options.

20200209_150243.jpg

Edited by Fasttrack
Added space between last text entry and image and added color to the options I use in print to make it easier to read.

I have a doubt, and I am not sure how to deal with it so I'm here asking for help.

I'm leveling a Fire Armor Tanker and in HD Consume is shown as having the same basic 38% chance to hit a +3 as the other attacks do. But I found it strange because it so rarely missed, so I right clicked and checked the Info. It shows the accuracy as 1.53x, but when I edited HD the accuracy had such a jump I wasn't sure I was doing it right.

I went to look at a /Kin Controller and Transfusion shows as having 45% base chance to hit a +3, but when I went to look at the Info in game it showed as having 1.97x accuracy.

So, I'm lost.

What does the accuracy in the Info tooltip correspond to in HD?

On 2/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, Sovera said:

I have a doubt, and I am not sure how to deal with it so I'm here asking for help.

I'm leveling a Fire Armor Tanker and in HD Consume is shown as having the same basic 38% chance to hit a +3 as the other attacks do. But I found it strange because it so rarely missed, so I right clicked and checked the Info. It shows the accuracy as 1.53x, but when I edited HD the accuracy had such a jump I wasn't sure I was doing it right.

I went to look at a /Kin Controller and Transfusion shows as having 45% base chance to hit a +3, but when I went to look at the Info in game it showed as having 1.97x accuracy.

So, I'm lost.

What does the accuracy in the Info tooltip correspond to in HD?

That "accuracy" in the Info tab is best thought of as "final chance to hit after all modifiers".

The base to-hit set in the Options->Configuration->Exemping and Base Values section "Base To Hit" will set the starting point (75% for +0, 39% for +4).

That base to hit is then modified by accuracy slotting, to hit bonuses, base accuracy bonus (Tranfuse has 0.2 bonus), and accuracy set bonuses to give you the "Accuracy" (final chance to hit).

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

I just noticed Mids is showing Tough giving my Blaster Res to ALL.

That is not happening to me.  Are you sure you don't have an Incarnate power, Temp power, or Accolade (eye of the magus) turned on?

If you post your build, maybe we can figure out what is doing it.

14 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

That "accuracy" in the Info tab is best thought of as "final chance to hit after all modifiers".

The base to-hit set in the Options->Configuration->Exemping and Base Values section "Base To Hit" will set the starting point (75% for +0, 39% for +4).

That base to hit is then modified by accuracy slotting, to hit bonuses, base accuracy bonus (Tranfuse has 0.2 bonus), and accuracy set bonuses to give you the "Accuracy" (final chance to hit).

I see what you mean. The tooltip in game does not show the base value but just like you said rather after being altered by accuracy and to-hit and etc. Following your explanation I went to the character creation and looked at the powers. Consume does indeed have the same 1 accuracy as other powers, with others like Fire Breath having 1.20.

Thanks for the help o/

Edit: I thought it was 38% for +3?

Edited by Sovera

9 hours ago, Caulderone said:

That is not happening to me.  Are you sure you don't have an Incarnate power, Temp power, or Accolade (eye of the magus) turned on?

If you post your build, maybe we can figure out what is doing it.

nevermind, PvP effects was clicked on by accident

Today, I was on a Ms. Lib tf with my Rad/Street Justice tank. It did very well against Recluse, so I was going to use /buildsave and upload my build so folks who have no idea how to make a tank could use my build as a blue print, and others could offer tips on better ways to improve it. 

I got a strange error message, and mids would fill in the AT name, but none of the powers or enhancements. 

Invalid Import Data, Blame Sai!
Error: Redirects.Inherents.Gauntlet_Proc

Could the new inherent Gauntlet Proc released in today's patch have something to do with this? 

Not at all a big deal - but figured I'd ask the question. 

The problem I'm having is I'm not understanding how to use this thing. There are a few things that it seems (according to some of the things the  Mid has said in reaction to several things I've done and some is attempting to apply some logic)

1. Am I supposed to be able to delete a power once I've selected it? (t seems like I should be able to according to something that's been said)
  2. Can I delete an enhancement slot once it's been placed? ( I don't get the feeling I can based on something else that's been said but I'm hopeful I'm wrong)
  3. I don't understand how to assign enhancements once I've got all the empty slots assigned. The one thing I found doesn't SEEM to be the right thing. It lets me fill the slots but it makes no sense and seems to have no rhyme or reason. It also seems to be of very little help.

I would be VERY grateful, to include compensation in influence, to anyone who can help. Thank you.

Edited by Eric

19 minutes ago, Eric said:

The problem I'm having is I'm not understanding how to use this thing. There are a few things that it seems (according to some of the things the  Mid has said in reaction to several things I've done and some is attempting to apply some logic)

1. Am I supposed to be able to delete a power once I've selected it? (t seems like I should be able to according to something that's been said)
  2. Can I delete an enhancement slot once it's been placed? ( I don't get the feeling I can based on something else that's been said but I'm hopeful I'm wrong)
  3. I don't understand how to assign enhancements once I've got all the empty slots assigned. The one thing I found doesn't SEEM to be the right thing. It lets me fill the slots but it makes no sense and seems to have no rhyme or reason. It also seems to be of very little help.

I would be VERY grateful, to include compensation in influence, to anyone who can help. Thank you.

Kind of outdated, but should be good for the fundamentals.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Yeah. I really appreciate the thought but no, that didn't answer any of my questions 🙂

This one any better?

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

5 hours ago, Eric said:

1.  Unselect a power by clicking it in the list on the far left, just like you do to add it.  The only issue with that is epic pool snipes sometimes get locked in.

2.  Shift-click on the enhancement slot to remove it.

3.  Right-click on the enhancement slot to pull up the menu.  The top row is SO, IO, Sets.  The area below will populate based on that.

The row on the right edge lets you select among the sub-types available.

So, are there any plans to update Mids' Reborn anymore? The tanker melee powers still show the old power selection order.

I ask mostly due to the latest beta server patch, which put in a new power set, origin pool, and 4 IO sets. When those are ready for the live servers, I'd like to be able to plan around them.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

11 hours ago, Caulderone said:

1.  Unselect a power by clicking it in the list on the far left, just like you do to add it.  The only issue with that is epic pool snipes sometimes get locked in.

2.  Shift-click on the enhancement slot to remove it.

3.  Right-click on the enhancement slot to pull up the menu.  The top row is SO, IO, Sets.  The area below will populate based on that.

The row on the right edge lets you select among the sub-types available.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

So, are there any plans to update Mids' Reborn anymore? The tanker melee powers still show the old power selection order.

I ask mostly due to the latest beta server patch, which put in a new power set, origin pool, and 4 IO sets. When those are ready for the live servers, I'd like to be able to plan around them.

From what I understand, nope.  2.6.0.7 was the last official version.  Mids' Reborn is in maintenance mode.

• Sad 1

Sorry for the newbie question, but I can't find the answer... how do I post builds on these forums?  I've tried various export formats, but pasting them here just pastes the content, with no formatting.  I can't find an option for "Raw" input on the forums.  (I'd want to use short/long forum export... I know I can just use the data link, or the data chunk, but I'd like to use the nice, colorful format, if possible.)

Edit: I actually managed to post it, by using a spoiler tag.  Is that the "standard" way, or am I missing something?

Edit again: *sigh* noticed it didn't quite work... the spoiler tag sorta gets broken up and it ends up posting several spoiler tags with some content "leaked" in between. =/

Edited by Tonio

Import/Export -> Short Forum Export

Choose color in left column ( I use Light Blue, 2nd option)

Choose "Universal Codes" on right side

Check "Export Data Chunk if creating a Datalink isn't possible"

I leave everything else unchecked

Click "Export Now", click Ok.

Now, on the forum, click the little eyeball symbol (spoiler) and make sure the curse is inside the box, then paste (ctrl-v).

Tada!

11 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Import/Export -> Short Forum Export

Choose color in left column ( I use Light Blue, 2nd option)

Choose "Universal Codes" on right side

Check "Export Data Chunk if creating a Datalink isn't possible"

I leave everything else unchecked

Click "Export Now", click Ok.

Now, on the forum, click the little eyeball symbol (spoiler) and make sure the curse is inside the box, then paste (ctrl-v).

Tada!

That's what nearly worked for me, except I'd chosen "Long Forum Export", and ended up with multiple spoilers with text between them.  See my post as an example.  I'll try "short forum export" from now on, thanks. 😄

On 2/25/2020 at 10:29 AM, Apparition said:

From what I understand, nope.  2.6.0.7 was the last official version.  Mids' Reborn is in maintenance mode.

Oh man, seriously?  So this app has now been abandoned?  If this isn't updated any longer, and Pines isn't updated any longer....we no longer have an updated builder?

• Like 1