Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

20 hours ago, Crysis said:

Oh man, seriously?  So this app has now been abandoned?  If this isn't updated any longer, and Pines isn't updated any longer....we no longer have an updated builder?

Yep.  @Zed has provided a couple of unofficial updated databases on the Mids' Reborn Discord, but as for official updates...  It seems to be dead, Jim.

I know that there are at least four different CoH: Homecoming character planners in development, but who knows how long before any of them see the light of day.

Edited by Apparition

12 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

Games been back for nearly a year now. Must be at least one smart nerd lurking in the shadows that can write another program.

I wish I was that nerd. I have tons of fun making builds and would take it on if I had any clue how. Sadly I'm a finance geek and not a programming one.

8 hours ago, Cidri said:

Can you link to this?

Mids' Reborn Discord: https://discord.gg/8fmmwN

Direct link to update pack: https://discordapp.com/channels/593336669004890113/608902085798264854/662765756911583264

Keep in mind that it is a temporary way of publishing stuff. I'll see with Metalios for the next batch - i'm sure there is a better way than a discord post with attachments.

20 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

Games been back for nearly a year now. Must be at least one smart nerd lurking in the shadows that can write another program.

You're correct, we have actually more than one ! ... 3 ? 4 ? I lost track of who is working on what. Latest "nerdy" recruit: @Cipher . He's trying to make a web-based planner with a way to share builds and tap data directly from the game data files.
I half count myself in as well for having a viewer-only app with the only purpose of tracking which enhancement i've bought/crafted when making a new build. Not sure yet if i will make it public.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

What I do not understand is instead of abandoning this project and letting it die, crytilis and crew give this project to @Cipher and Homecoming so they can have this tool for the game and player base. That would be a logical step and contribution to the game.

The source code is publicly available.  Anyone who wants to can easily fork it if they wish.

3 minutes ago, Apparition said:

The source code is publicly available.  Anyone who wants to can easily fork it if they wish.

There is a stark difference between 'publicly available' and 'passing it on to Homecoming.' Doing the latter gives them the choice of taking over the project or not. If they do not want to do so, the former would apply.

I haven't abandoned the project. Due certain life events I do not have enough time to devote towards the project currently, however this should change in the upcoming months. In my absence Zed has been doing the project and the community a service by doing his best to create a way to update the database for you folks.

As far as homecoming taking over the project they are already in our discord server and I have approached them a couple times regarding a collaboration of sorts.

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, Zed said:

Mids' Reborn Discord: https://discord.gg/8fmmwN

Direct link to update pack: https://discordapp.com/channels/593336669004890113/608902085798264854/662765756911583264

Keep in mind that it is a temporary way of publishing stuff. I'll see with Metalios for the next batch - i'm sure there is a better way than a discord post with attachments.

You're correct, we have actually more than one ! ... 3 ? 4 ? I lost track of who is working on what. Latest "nerdy" recruit: @Cipher . He's trying to make a web-based planner with a way to share builds and tap data directly from the game data files.
I half count myself in as well for having a viewer-only app with the only purpose of tracking which enhancement i've bought/crafted when making a new build. Not sure yet if i will make it public.

The direct link to the update pack didn't work for me.  Tries to take me somewhere in discord and says that I find myself in a strange place... and that I don't have access to any channels or there are none on the server.

Certainly interested in the update.

Thanks

On 2/29/2020 at 10:47 PM, crytilis said:

I haven't abandoned the project. Due certain life events I do not have enough time to devote towards the project currently, however this should change in the upcoming months. In my absence Zed has been doing the project and the community a service by doing his best to create a way to update the database for you folks.

As far as homecoming taking over the project they are already in our discord server and I have approached them a couple times regarding a collaboration of sorts.

5 hours ago, Zed said:

Oh whoops, link was set to expire after a day.
Permanent one: https://discord.gg/fPq2fKq

I don't know, do direct link works ? Edit: they seem so.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595818623063425035/668548819226460161/MRB_db_011920.zip

We are all very appreciative for all the work you've put into this.

🙂

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Thank you - For Crytilis, myself and whoever contributed, ^^
I try to keep up, despite work, and whichever technical shenanigan...

It's not ready yet for a second update but here is a little tease 🙂

SynShck.png.fd23f2f423b33654b2a73de07332d0c5.png

• Like 4

On 3/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, Zed said:

Thank you - For Crytilis, myself and whoever contributed, ^^
I try to keep up, despite work, and whichever technical shenanigan...

It's not ready yet for a second update....

Thanks for all the work you and others do to keep Mids going.

I was wondering when some of the strongly build affecting changes of the January 26 Issue 26 Page 4 patch could be incorporated.

Specifically the Tanker power ordering changes quoted here.  I know I could edit the database to incorporate these, as they aren't that complex to change.  But I was hoping you could do so as you're more likely to get it right. 🙂

Power Acquisition Levels

To improve Tanker AoE capability during level up progression, the following powers had their acquisition levels changed:

• Battle Axe > Whirling Axe = 20, Swoop = 28
  • Martial Arts > Dragon Tail = 20, Focus Chi = 28, Crippling Axe Kick = 35
  • Stone Melee> Tremor = 28, Hurl Boulder = 35 
  • War Mace > Whirling Mace = 20, Clobber = 28

Other Changes

• The following tanker and brute powers should now accept regular Taunt Enhancements:
    • Oppressive Gloom, Cloak of Fear, Burn (note that burn patches don't taunt, only the up-front damage does.)
  • Spines: Spine Burst> No longer ignores Radius buffs.
  • Spines: Quills > Now ignore Radius buffs.
  • Burn for Brute and Tankers should also accept Taunt Sets (note that any proc on burn will not pass through to the patch.)
  • Brute > Martial Arts > Taunt / Crane Kick: Fixed incorrect power order.

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Specifically the Tanker power ordering changes quoted here.  I know I could edit the database to incorporate these, as they aren't that complex to change.  But I was hoping you could do so as you're more likely to get it right. 🙂

The Tanker damage scale changes are a hangup for me.  I have edited some of the powers to have the correct final damage based on in game character creator, but it would be so much easier to just change the Tanker damage scale, except it doesn't appear to be in an editable location. 

4 minutes ago, Zed said:

That's the harsh part: there is no AT-wide scale or anything, you have to edit manually every single power.

To be accurate, every powers' effects...

Ouch!  So, to incorporate that into Mids, that would require an update to the database to incorporate the AT scales (similar to the game's internals), then an update to Mids to use the updated database version.  A very non-trivial and broad change.

On 3/5/2020 at 3:20 PM, Jacke said:

Ouch!  So, to incorporate that into Mids, that would require an update to the database to incorporate the AT scales (similar to the game's internals), then an update to Mids to use the updated database version.  A very non-trivial and broad change.

I've been picking through it a bit. It's my first time actually bothering to look at the database, so obviously I'm just winging it at the moment, but there's some options in here that almost strike me as it being possible to overhaul the database to allow that sort of thing without having to add new features. Is there info somewhere online that describes what certain options and modifiers are for? For instance, each archetype class has a "modifier column", with it's own unique number, but I'm having trouble figuring out what that's referring to.

EDIT:
Figured that one out. It's referring to the tables in AttribMod, though without knowing what those tables refer to, it doesn't do much good. It's a wide range of numbers with only vague titles, like "Melee_Damage". Each column refers to a specific AT class, but that doesn't help much with rows.

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

I've been working on changing the damage scalars.... It was not something that was anticipated to be changed easily or often so it is kinda obfuscated.... But, once completed should correct all numbers instead of changed all the damage numbers of all the powers. 

Happy Wife = Happy Life

19 hours ago, Pine said:

I've been working on changing the damage scalars.... It was not something that was anticipated to be changed easily or often so it is kinda obfuscated.... But, once completed should correct all numbers instead of changed all the damage numbers of all the powers. 

Out of curiosity, do you know if Mids is parsing power effect expressions correctly? I've spent the majority today basically just toying with getting proper scale and magnitude values working for the scaling resists of SR passives and Widow Foresight. Looking in the DB files here, the expression looks to be correct when compared to the game files, but Mids doesn't use it as far as I can tell. I had to manually handle the calculations with AttribType Magnitude, then testing on the beta server to make sure it's at least close. I've got the margin of error for rounding down to 0.04% (Stalker Agile, 25% HP & 0% HP ) but the actual expression would still be better. 😛 Even just for display reasons for the slider.

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

I'm late to this thread / Homecoming in general, but I found a numbers issue in Mids Reborn.

Blaster / Atomic Manipulation / Beta Decay

each stack applies 12.5% +Recharge

> should be: first stack applies +10%, all stacks apply +2.5%

I was making my build and thought it was odd that I could recharge cap my abilities while solo... Confirmed in game that the actual bonus caps at 35%, not 125%.

edit: It isn't obvious to me what about the database entry can be change to achieve the desired behavior. The power has 2 effects that modify Recharge. The first is the 10%, which has "Effect Can Stack" unchecked and "Enable Power Scaling (Override)" checked. The other is the 2.5% with those two values reversed. 

Manipulating these for the 10% effect rule didn't seem to work properly. I'm also just not familiar with how the interface is reading these values...

For now, I've just got it set to show 35% at 1 stack so I can work on my build.

Edited by hemmingway

10 hours ago, hemmingway said:

I'm late to this thread / Homecoming in general, but I found a numbers issue in Mids Reborn.

Blaster / Atomic Manipulation / Beta Decay

each stack applies 12.5% +Recharge

> should be: first stack applies +10%, all stacks apply +2.5%

Ok, I looked at the Brute version.  I believe the issue is the +10% one in Blaster has the (Variable) tag.  The brute version only has the variable tag on the +2.5% version, which is correct.  I can't figure out how to remove the (Variable) tag from it.  If you can, that is the easy fix.

If not, you can go into the Brute version and click the Copy button, then go into the Blaster version and Paste.  This overwrites the effects with the Brute version.  Delete the two taunt entries, and it should then be correct.

Edited by Caulderone