Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

33 minutes ago, tripthicket said:

Well, piffle. Windows 8.1 here

If you don't mind me asking what version of Mid's are you using and if it is  2.6.0.7  how did you get .Net Framework 4.7.2 installed on a windows 8?

Nothing I have tried has worked

41 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

If you don't mind me asking what version of Mid's are you using and if it is  2.6.0.7  how did you get .Net Framework 4.7.2 installed on a windows 8?

Nothing I have tried has worked

Hero Designer v.2.6.0.7 (Database Issue: 26, Version: 20.2605)

As for the .Net Framework, I tried to find where that is located, and couldn't directly read it, so can't confirm what version I'm running. Is there a difference between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, I wonder, such that 4.7.2 will install on the latter but not the former? Do you know how I might determine what version I have? I can relate that Mids seem to be working fine for me. I even have the latest update that shows me Electrical Affinity as a powerset choice.

Edited to add: Hmmmm. Checking HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full on my Windows 8.1 PC, I determine that the Release entry contains, under Data (in part): 528049. For Windows 10 (10 May 2019 update), the number would be 528040, indicating .Net Framework 4.8. For all other OS, the number is 528049. Unless I really munked up on following the instructions I found on determining my version, I have .Net Framework 4.8. ...I'm pretty sure. 🤔

Edited by tripthicket

@tripthicket  Thanks for the reply,looking in registry on my pc it seems I only have .Net Framework version 4.0.....hmm,I wonder if I can try getting the versions one at a time till I get to 4.7

Edit: I was wrong I had version 4.5.1 installed. I was able to update it to 4.6.2 but when I went to install 4.7.1 I get the error ".Net Framework 4.7 is not supported on this operating system"

Edited by SuperPlyx

1 hour ago, DreamingLove said:

Ah, okay I figured it out. Thanks!

Is there a way to zoom in and make the UI bigger?

It's hard to read sometimes with everything small on the left

Unfortunately not at the moment, no. The program was built for resolutions that rarely went past 1280x1024, so widescreen is something foreign to it. As it is I believe the fact that it can display relatively correctly at all is due to recent efforts?

Right now the only current author of Mids who's periodically around is Pine, and from what I understand he's more of a database person than a code person. MRBU's discussed the possibility of some UI changes but we haven't set anything in stone yet. We were just kinda tossing ideas.

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

37 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

@tripthicket  Thanks for the reply,looking in registry on my pc it seems I only have .Net Framework version 4.0.....hmm,I wonder if I can try getting the versions one at a time till I get to 4.7

Edit: I was wrong I had version 4.5.1 installed. I was able to update it to 4.6.2 but when I went to install 4.7.1 I get the error ".Net Framework 4.7 is not supported on this operating system"

Windows 8 hasn't been supported for years.  You're going to have to either update to 8.1 or 10.

1 hour ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

For some reason today Mid's is not letting me change the Ancillary power pool after I open a build, even if I de-select all the powres from that pool. What am I missing? I'm pretty sure it ussd to work

This sometimes happens with Snipe APPs.  No easy way around it.

• Like 1

Sorry all if this has been answered, but I am trying to run this on a MacBook Pro and I am having some troubles. 

After following all steps on this thread these are the errors I am getting in this order

1458602508_ScreenShot2020-04-08at10_31_56AM.png.482aee4fa363d79bf702ffc12852afee.png

310256902_ScreenShot2020-04-08at10_32_08AM.png.e1a092798e9b44d973f8ccd545f45ca8.png

After these errors my screen looks like this:

259529627_ScreenShot2020-04-08at10_32_22AM.thumb.png.1f38d1abecca0ebf4468fba451743efb.png

I have followed all the steps multiple time. I have uninstalled everything, down to home-brew and reinstalled to no avail. 

I apologize if this has been answered already.

Here are the specs for my computer:

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

macOS: Mojave v 10.14.6

Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I have had problems with my Intel Iris before, so this is my guess, I just have no idea what to do about it. Thanks for the help in advance. 

1 hour ago, RobRauff said:

I have had problems with my Intel Iris before, so this is my guess, I just have no idea what to do about it. Thanks for the help in advance.

I don't think that is related to your gpu.  You might try reinstalling the .Net installer from the Mac instructions in the first post of the thread.

Otherwise, if no one else chimes in here, you may need to try out making contact on the Discord linked in the first post.  Lots of folks have had issues getting it to work right on Mac.

17 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

I don't think that is related to your gpu.  You might try reinstalling the .Net installer from the Mac instructions in the first post of the thread.

Otherwise, if no one else chimes in here, you may need to try out making contact on the Discord linked in the first post.  Lots of folks have had issues getting it to work right on Mac.

I have tried reinstallation. I am not sure how to uninstall for a clean installation though using wine tricks. Do you know the command?

Just now, RobRauff said:

I have tried reinstallation. I am not sure how to uninstall for a clean installation though using wine tricks. Do you know the command?

No, sorry, I've not messed with installing Mids on a Mac, and I have no experience with Wine.  If no one responds by this afternoon, I would recommend trying the Discord.

• Like 1

hello.. ive been having an issue with mids for awhile and uninstalling and reinstalling hasent worked so far.. im tryin to rig up the pics of the errors i get when i try and use the app normally and after ive rigged it to work.. 

20200409_073848.jpg?width=400&height=300 this is when i try to do it normally

20200409_072026.jpg?width=400&height=30020200409_072044.jpg?width=400&height=30020200409_072038.jpg?width=400&height=300 these are after i get it to work in a diffrent way.. sorry for the shit quality my screenshot key doesnt work

Couldn't find any comments relating to this in the past couple of pages...

I'm getting this message when I try to run from a fresh install:

Trace: at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Sting filename)

at I9Gfx.LoadEnhancements()

Any idea what's gone wrong?

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Greetings everyone,

How are we to update Mids Reborn?  I do the 'Options -> Check for Updates' but it comes back negative.  Yet the version I am on is Database Issue 26, Version: 19.1021.  I see someone a few posts up that has a later version.  I am wondering how long it takes it to be updated from a new issue or page coming out?  I would like to see the stuff and slot up a toon for the new Electricity Affinity.

Can someone walk me through the update if it is different than just checking for updates?

Thanks in advance.

Such a basic question. First time using this. If I add slots to a power, then change my mind. How do I undo the slots?

Also... yes the updated version on the other thread. I don't know if there is a full updated version to download. As I simply can not get my head around how to update it with the patches.

4 minutes ago, Lodestar_1977 said:

Such a basic question. First time using this. If I add slots to a power, then change my mind. How do I undo the slots?

Also... yes the updated version on the other thread. I don't know if there is a full updated version to download. As I simply can not get my head around how to update it with the patches.

Shift-click

Not yet, but they are still working on it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lodestar_1977 said:

Perfect thanks. I tried anything but

You'd really think they'd put in a page of like five lines to tell you things like that, huh?  :)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 3 weeks later