Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

Updated to 2.6.0.3

Tanker-SR/Fire

T4 Alpha Musculature Core, T4 Interface Reactive Radial, Superior Might of the Tanker, Superior Gauntleted Fist

These 4 things combined produce some truly wacky Resistance totals in the View Totals window.  If I remove both the Incarnate powers, the totals are correct.  Adding either one or both and toggling on SMotT and/or SGF changes the resistance values.

This has been an issue over the last several versions.

I did make a mod to the database.  I removed the +3% resist from Reactive Defense Scaling Resist IO (via Enhancement editor) and added it to the set bonus (via Main Database editor) so that it would be always on even if the power was toggled off.  I rebuilt from scratch both with and without that modification and it didn't seem to be involved.

Musculature appears to be buffing the 6.7% SMotT proc.  Reactive appears to be debuffing it.  Reactive also seems to interact with SGF to alter the resistances even more.

I play on a pretty huge monitor, and have not-so-great eyesight. I've seen where I'm able to increase text size within the info tab and the powers, but is there a way to scale the UI larger to be able to see the build and enhancement icons and such better? I realize this might not exactly be a priority, but it could just be something I missed that is already there. Someone else had mentioned it earlier in the thread, and I was just looking to clarify. 

16 hours ago, TG BrainFog said:

I play on a pretty huge monitor, and have not-so-great eyesight. I've seen where I'm able to increase text size within the info tab and the powers, but is there a way to scale the UI larger to be able to see the build and enhancement icons and such better? I realize this might not exactly be a priority, but it could just be something I missed that is already there. Someone else had mentioned it earlier in the thread, and I was just looking to clarify. 

If you are asking what I think you are, you can hover your mouse over the edge of the UI and drag it into a bigger size. I tend to drag the bottom to get everything in the window without needing to scroll.

13 hours ago, Alicia Jewel said:

So, uh, Windows Security just quarantined/deleted Mids' Reborn files for being a "severe" threat, saying "This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker." Anyone else get this or know what's up?

Sounds like you got a false positive, it happens sometimes. MRB can only connect to the outside world in 2 cases.

You are updating the program via the built in update option, in which case MRB only connects to our server to check for updates. 

#2 You are using the Discord export feature, in which case MRB only connects to our API server to send the build information. 

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

Been manually tweaking the database to make Impervious Skin: Status Resistance also reflect the 25% regen bonus that was added, not sure if this is a Homecoming change only but if it's universal it'd be good to have in 'officially'. 🙂

13 hours ago, crytilis said:

Sounds like you got a false positive, it happens sometimes. MRB can only connect to the outside world in 2 cases.

You are updating the program via the built in update option, in which case MRB only connects to our server to check for updates. 

#2 You are using the Discord export feature, in which case MRB only connects to our API server to send the build information. 

I wasn't even using the program when I got the alert.

2 hours ago, Alicia Jewel said:

I wasn't even using the program when I got the alert.

I understand, you don't need to have a program running in order to get a false positive. The rest of what I stated about it connecting was just information about what it does. Can I ask which version it flagged, where you got it from? 

Edited by crytilis

On 8/17/2019 at 5:49 AM, Marshal_General said:

If you are asking what I think you are, you can hover your mouse over the edge of the UI and drag it into a bigger size. I tend to drag the bottom to get everything in the window without needing to scroll.

I didn't really explain it very well. What I'm talking about is that I'm able to expand the window itself to be larger, and I can get the text to be larger in a couple of spots, but can't have the elements within the window be larger. Like the circle areas where the enhancements go, and the bars representing the powers themselves. When I maximize the window, more than half of my screen is just black, blank space.  

• Like 1

I appear to have found a database issue with regard to enhancements. Beta Decay in Radiation armor shows on the enhancement screen in game as taking End Rdx, Rech Red, Taunt, To-Hit debuff, and Defense debuff enhancements, and regular and accurate To-Hit debuff and Defense Debuff sets. In Hero Designer, if you try to slot common IOs, you are limited to EndRdx, Rech Red, and Taunt IOs, and only Defense Debuff sets. It's missing the Defense and To-Hit debuff common IOs, and the two categories of To-Hit debuff sets as well as Accurate Defense Debuff.

19 hours ago, crytilis said:

I understand, you don't need to have a program running in order to get a false positive. The rest of what I stated about it connecting was just information about what it does. Can I ask which version it flagged, where you got it from? 

I'm afraid I don't know what version it was. I believe I got it from the Discord? It's been a while since I downloaded it; I'll just go ahead and get the version on here and hope it doesn't get flagged again.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:34 AM, TG BrainFog said:

I didn't really explain it very well. What I'm talking about is that I'm able to expand the window itself to be larger, and I can get the text to be larger in a couple of spots, but can't have the elements within the window be larger. Like the circle areas where the enhancements go, and the bars representing the powers themselves. When I maximize the window, more than half of my screen is just black, blank space.  

It has a functional limit that's always been there. Would LOVE to have it continue to scale up.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

39 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

It has a functional limit that's always been there. Would LOVE to have it continue to scale up.

This is mainly due to how Mids' was originally designed. Keep in mind it was originally vb and made back in 2005. To change this in the current app it would require an extensive overhaul. It's something I would like to change eventually wether it be in the current app or in a new one. Sadly it's just not on the radar atm

@crytilis can you add a slider bar to destiny powers much like we have for fury and conditional toggles so we can see how each stage of the buff affects our character? The destiny powers start off larger but lose strength over time. In fury you can drag the bar from left to right to see the damage bonus applied to your powers from minimum fury to maximum. Looking for the same on destiny powers please. I guess some of the hybrid powers need the same too such as Assault and melee. Thank you.

Edited by Noyjitat

I just tried to download the installer (MRB_Setup.exe) for this and had Windows Security block it for being a threat:

Threat detected: Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl

Alert level: Severe

Date: 8/25/2019 8:52 AM

Category: Trojan

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

1 hour ago, LooneyToons said:

I just tried to download the installer (MRB_Setup.exe) for this and had Windows Security block it for being a threat:

not sure where you got MRB_Setup.exe from but afaik that's either a bad link, or a very old installer.