Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

On 11/19/2020 at 10:58 AM, crytilis said:

Let me know, Mac isn't officially supported since Mids is technically a Windows application but we do our best to accommodate.

Tried numerous versions of wine, winetricks and .NET and no joy.
This was a constant message: "bad CPU type in executable."
I see there's wine64 and .NET 5.0 but the lack of support online leaves me wandering around in the dark.

1 hour ago, xl8 said:

Tried numerous versions of wine, winetricks and .NET and no joy.
This was a constant message: "bad CPU type in executable."
I see there's wine64 and .NET 5.0 but the lack of support online leaves me wandering around in the dark.

Wine64 is what you would need to run it on Catalina however if you chose to go the Wine route, so you were correct on that. MRB does not use .NET5 (yet), it uses .NET 4.8. Even though I myself do not own or use Mac, there are some other options I intended to explore to help Mac users with running MRB on Catalina. Sadly however I have not yet had a chance to pursue this as most of my time has been spent inside of Visual Studio working on the next release of MRB.

Edited by crytilis

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

19 minutes ago, crytilis said:

Sadly however I have not yet had a chance to pursue this as most of my time has been spent inside of Visual Studio working on the next release of MRB.

Hey, totally understandable. you've already done way more than anyone could ask for. If you do know what kind of a designer/coder I'd need to hire to create an online version, LMK. I'm prepared to pay and give free access to all.

3 hours ago, xl8 said:

Hey, totally understandable. you've already done way more than anyone could ask for. If you do know what kind of a designer/coder I'd need to hire to create an online version, LMK. I'm prepared to pay and give free access to all.

It would mostly depend on what language you intend to have it created in. You will need a new UI created, and then all code would need to be tailored around that. In most cases today, this is handled by two different types of developers, one that handles purely UI, and another that just deals with the code itself. With that being said there are people who can and do both. Again this mostly depends on the language intended to be used. You will also need a host for the web application. Hope this helps

I am also looking at creating a Web App version of MRB but that will happen after this next release.

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 1

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

• 2 weeks later

Hey! Big thanks to everyone keeping Mids up and running! I'm running into this weird thing since downloading the latest Data and Image files.

Sprint is appearing as Shadow Recall at Level 10. If you go to slot it, it reverts back to Sprint but if you put that slot back to any other power, it turns back into Shadow Recall.

It's more of an annoyance since Sprint isn't usually getting slotted but is this happening to anyone else? Or did I flub something up? 

Shadow Recall 1.png

Shadow Recall 2.png

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

5 minutes ago, Attache said:

Hey! Big thanks to everyone keeping Mids up and running! I'm running into this weird thing since downloading the latest Data and Image files.

Sprint is appearing as Shadow Recall at Level 10. If you go to slot it, it reverts back to Sprint but if you put that slot back to any other power, it turns back into Shadow Recall.

It's more of an annoyance since Sprint isn't usually getting slotted but is this happening to anyone else? Or did I flub something up? 

Shadow Recall 1.png

Shadow Recall 2.png

I've experienced similar issues as well. I recommend changing the layout to a different number of columns and hope it fixes the graphics issue. For whatever reason, I think sometimes the powers layout might overlay on top of eachother, causing the issue you're seeing. Not sure if that's exactly it, but it seems that way

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

33 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I've experienced similar issues as well. I recommend changing the layout to a different number of columns and hope it fixes the graphics issue. For whatever reason, I think sometimes the powers layout might overlay on top of eachother, causing the issue you're seeing. Not sure if that's exactly it, but it seems that way

Thanks! Changing to 2 columns had the same issue but changing to 4 seems to have fixed it. 

Just to clarify, Shadow Recall isn't even a power choice in this build and it was happening on default 3-columns since I did the latest download. Happened on every build I looked at - probably a good 5-6 today. Shadow Recall isn't a choice for any of them. The above example was on a Archery / Tactical Arrow Blaster.

• Like 1

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

On 12/6/2020 at 7:42 AM, Attache said:

Shadow Recall 1.png

Shadow Recall 2.png

On 12/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, Attache said:

Thanks! Changing to 2 columns had the same issue but changing to 4 seems to have fixed it. 

Just to clarify, Shadow Recall isn't even a power choice in this build and it was happening on default 3-columns since I did the latest download. Happened on every build I looked at - probably a good 5-6 today. Shadow Recall isn't a choice for any of them. The above example was on a Archery / Tactical Arrow Blaster.

@Bopper, I'm getting the same thing, Shadow Recall showing up on non-Warshades.  By hovering the mouse pointer over "Shadow Recall", it's actually Sprint (3-column) or Rest (2-column) but displaying wrong.  Changing the number of visible columns just changes how the display is mangled.  4-column seems okay, but it's also kind of awkwardly wide.  Loading old builds tend to be stuck showing Shadow Recall.  New builds seem to have the power pop back to Sprint or Rest when the mouse moves over the power.  EDIT: Finished a new build and found that "Shadow Recall" is now stuck and won't show Sprint.

Work-around is to switch to 4-column mode temporarily to slot Sprint and put it either stopped or running, then switch back to preferred column display.

Edited by Jacke
  • Like 1

Just now, JayboH said:

Do you recommend the majority of us just wait then?

It depends. If you know how to follow the instructions and how to backup your database, I would say go ahead and do the update. But if you fear breaking Mids or fear not being able to properly reinstall Mids if you do break it, then it would be best to wait. But there is no estimate at this time as to when the new version of Mids will be released, so weigh that information as well in your decision.

In version 3.0 / database i27 v20.1225, Sprint does not toggle on and it has always showing slotted in it a crafted run IO in the column view. Portal Jockey Accolade does not show up in the column view but toggles on when selected in the Accolades Window.

Alpha slot/Intuition is not modifying the hold duration of Blastrer /sonic manipulation powers. Basic IOs are, though.

Thanks for the update and Boxing Day gift.

Edited by CapnFreedom

Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage and Superior Scrapper's Strike: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge cannot be placed in the same build as of 3.0, attempting to gives a message saying the enhancements in ArchetypeE are unique to each other.

Edit: Oh, also, in Scrapper Ninjitsu, Shinobi-Iri is able to take jump IO sets in-game, but Mids doesn't allow it.

Edited by Ritikesh

v20.1225 has the duration of some long duration self-buffs wrong.

Some powers, such as Blaster / Mental Manipulation / Drain Psyche are listing the duration of a secondary effect (in this case the Defiance buff) instead of the primary effect(s).  Blaster / Dark Manipulation / Soul Drain has the same problem.  I didn't search out all of these.

Force of Will / Unleash Potential is listed as 10.25s instead of 60s.

Speed / Hasten is listed as 30s, instead of 120s.

Most Armor set T9s appear to be listed with a 30s duration for all ATs.  Most of these powers should last 180s.

Electrical Armor / Power Surge is listed at 30s instead of 180s (Brutes, Scrappers, Sentinels, Stalkers and Tanker)

Energy Aura / Overload is listed as 30s instead of 180s (Brutes, Scrappers, Sentinels and Stalkers).

Invulnerability / Unstoppable is listed as 30s instead of 180s (Brutes, Scrappers, Sentinels, Stalkers and Tankers).

Ninjitsu / Kuji-In Retsu is listed as 30s instead of 180s (Scrappers, Stalkers and Sentinels).

Radiation Armor / Meltdown is listed at 10s instead of 60s (Brutes, Scrappers, Sentinels, Stalkers and Tankers).

Shield Defense / One With the Shield is listed as 30s instead of 120s (Brutes, Scrappers, Stalkers and Tankers).

Super Reflexes / Elude is listed as 30s instead of 180s (Brutes, Scrappers, Sentinels, Stalkers and Tankers).

Willpower / Strength of Will is listed at 30s instead of 120s (Brutes, Scrappers, Sentinels, Stalkers and Tankers).

Night Widow / Elude is listed as 30s instead of 180s.

Peacebringer / Light Form is listed at 30s instead of 90s.

[Edit:}

I have so many Blasters to respec it isn't remotely funny.

Edited by csr
  • Like 1

First thing noticed in building an Energy Melee Super Reflexes Brute.
Brute ATIOs are borked.  BADLY.
You can't slot a full set of them.  They barf on the Quad-aspect.
And even if you remove them all and clear the slots off, you can't slot them elsewhere...

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

10 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Alpha Incarnate screen has missing items.

Of immediate note, T4 Spiritual Core.
BorkedAlpha.thumb.jpg.28ed0c91b07a43e9c3e5ea3149fef883.jpg

Alpha Spiritual Core Paragon is mixed in the middle of the Musculature choices.  Cardiac Boost is also out of order (in the Musculature mix).  Musculature Radial Paragon is similarly listed in the middle of the Nerve buffs.

The Destiny slot has similar issues as well, but they are more extensive with many lists mixed or ordered oddly.

The other 4 Incarnate slots (Judgement, Interface, Lore and Hybrid) appear ordered correctly to me.

As far as I could tell, all the powers are there, it's just ordering that's odd.

Edited by csr

I found a weird little bug. Take the Tactics power out of the Leadership pool (this is in a Blaster, I haven't checked the other ATs) and combine with +toHit from an Alpha. I checked the Resilient Core and Radial Paragons, and the Spiritual Radial Paragon. They create a second ToHit line in the mouseover box that doesn't combine with the line created by enhancing the power and therefore ignores ED, but does modify the power as expected otherwise.

Also, I've noticed that Stealth displays one +Def number in the Info box and a different, higher number in the Effects box. My assumption is that one number is for in-combat and the other is for out-of-combat, but the issue is that what I'm assuming is the out-of-combat number is the one that gets added to your totals over in the "Totals for self" box which is a little misleading when you're trying to softcap.

This is with v2.6.1.25

thanks!

• Like 1

I have a question.  I remember being able to set the number of foes hit for certain powers such as Drain Psyche.  I can't figure out how to do that since coming back to HC.  I'm now using v3.  Is there a way to do that?  Or am I remembering some spreadsheet I did rather than Mids?