Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

There's some sort of odd bug going on in v3.0 with old builds using Dual Pistols / Swap Ammo and the specific selection toggles.  Loading the old build results in one of the toggles (Incendiary or Chemical in the case of the builds I loaded) being unselectable and it causes trying to select that specific ammo to detoggle (but not toggle on) Prestige Power Surge.  Getting rid of Prestige Power Surge from my list seems to fix it (all the Swap Ammo toggles or Surge work as expected after removing and readding Prestige Power Surge).

[Edit:]

I've run into more related problems with this.  The Accolade powers seem to do the same thing.  There's definitely something wrong with the way Prestige powers (particularly the sprints) and other powers work together.

Edited by csr

1 hour ago, csr said:

I have a question.  I remember being able to set the number of foes hit for certain powers such as Drain Psyche.  I can't figure out how to do that since coming back to HC.  I'm now using v3.  Is there a way to do that?  Or am I remembering some spreadsheet I did rather than Mids?

It will be on the Info Panel. Make sure the power is selected 

image.png.130212df9c98b63c8c5fa99ca83caed3.png

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Mids Reborn v3.0 (Database Issue 27, Version: 20.1225)

For a blank build, Haste and Damage is set to +100% each under Advanced Totals / Misc Buffs.  Why?  Any way to set them to 0?

That appears to be the base Recharge and Damage and probably shouldn't have the plus in front of it in that case.

One thing I'm missing in the View Totals window in v3 is the HP/sec on mouse-over of the Regen numbers.  Though I starting using that to see who had enough to survive Hami-level DPS without being buffed, I've since gotten used to using that as a bench-mark.

1 minute ago, csr said:

That appears to be the base Recharge and Damage and probably shouldn't have the plus in front of it in that case.

One thing I'm missing in the View Totals window in v3 is the HP/sec on mouse-over of the Regen numbers.  Though I starting using that to see who had enough to survive Hami-level DPS without being buffed, I've since gotten used to using that as a bench-mark.

Yes on the first. I noticed the + marks and figured those were left there by accident.

The HP/sec will come back. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

10 hours ago, csr said:

I have a question.  I remember being able to set the number of foes hit for certain powers such as Drain Psyche.  I can't figure out how to do that since coming back to HC.  I'm now using v3.  Is there a way to do that?  Or am I remembering some spreadsheet I did rather than Mids?

Normally you do this with a slider bar at the bottom of the power's stats tab in the lower left-hand corner.

If you're trying to do something where you want to allow for ZERO foes hit it takes a bit of database editing.

In Mids...

• Options
  • Advanced
  • Database Editor

Then

• Main Database Editor
  • AT_Primary or AT_Secondary  (Blaster_Ranged, Blaster Support, etc)
  • Power Set
  • Power Name
  • Edit

Under Power Scaling in the lower left-hand corner of the Edit Power (Basic) window.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

7 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Normally you do this with a slider bar at the bottom of the power's stats tab in the lower left-hand corner.

If you're trying to do something where you want to allow for ZERO foes hit it takes a bit of database editing.

In Mids...

• Options
  • Advanced
  • Database Editor

Then

• Main Database Editor
  • AT_Primary or AT_Secondary  (Blaster_Ranged, Blaster Support, etc)
  • Power Set
  • Power Name
  • Edit

Under Power Scaling in the lower left-hand corner of the Edit Power (Basic) window.

Actually, it's the other end I wanted to do; stacked applications of powers such as Energy Absorption.  The slider was something I hadn't recognized, so that will handle most of my needs, but I will probably up the scaling using the method you've given for some powers such as Energy Absorption and Drain Energy that can stack beyond the one-cast target cap, since I know my main Ice Tanker runs at 15+ stacks most of the time (and sometimes tops 30).

Edited by csr

18 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Mids Reborn v3.0 (Database Issue 27, Version: 20.1225)

For a blank build, Haste and Damage is set to +100% each under Advanced Totals / Misc Buffs.  Why?  Any way to set them to 0?

This is because recharge and damage both start out at 100% ingame (aka normal values).

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 12/27/2020 at 2:48 PM, Grim Lynn said:

I found a weird little bug. Take the Tactics power out of the Leadership pool (this is in a Blaster, I haven't checked the other ATs) and combine with +toHit from an Alpha. I checked the Resilient Core and Radial Paragons, and the Spiritual Radial Paragon. They create a second ToHit line in the mouseover box that doesn't combine with the line created by enhancing the power and therefore ignores ED, but does modify the power as expected otherwise.

Also, I've noticed that Stealth displays one +Def number in the Info box and a different, higher number in the Effects box. My assumption is that one number is for in-combat and the other is for out-of-combat, but the issue is that what I'm assuming is the out-of-combat number is the one that gets added to your totals over in the "Totals for self" box which is a little misleading when you're trying to softcap.

This is with v2.6.1.25

thanks!

Updated to 3.0.1.9 today, and the +To Hit is showing up on two different lines as described above.

Stealth is now showing Defense: 0.03% in the Info box, when I mouse over that number I get two separate entries for 2.63% (one that is suppressed during combat and one that isn't, as expected), and the effects window says that it's providing 5.26% (3.5) - I have enhancements slotted. The "Totals for self" box shows it adding 5.26% as well. I honestly don't know which is correct.

I am also getting the problem with all the powers underneath the Inherent Powers line vanishing or over-writing each other. Changing the number of columns or resizing the window seems to change which powers are doing what wrong thing but it doesn't seem to fix it. Turning off all the Sprint variants helped, insofar as there are less things to get cluttered up. I also have things like a Momentum button on my blaster, and all the Accolade powers now have buttons.

Aside from that, the update looks good! Thanks to everyone for the work that went into it.

I downloaded the 3.0 version today and clicked the Update dropdown option to get the latest version but it always spits out this attached error. I run the repair tool and it just reverts the launcher back to the base 3.0 version.

Untitled.png

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

13 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I downloaded the 3.0 version today and clicked the Update dropdown option to get the latest version but it always spits out this attached error. I run the repair tool and it just reverts the launcher back to the base 3.0 version.

Untitled.png

Did you click continue? 

1 hour ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Yes. Doing so deletes the executable that launches the program, as does hitting Quit or the red X.

Just noting my experience here:

My husband and I both just did a fresh install from the 'main installer' download link in the OP.

An update was available and when I tried to initiate, I got the same error/pop-up window as you posted.

I was about to click on it but I didn't because I noticed there was another window open at the same time and it was downloading the update, so I let it continue. When it finished, it asked to restart. I did not click on the 'error' window at all. My update appears to be working fine as I am using v3.0.1.9.

Edited by Neko Prism
clarity

To add to my previous post:

All my +def powers are showing some variation of 0.0#% in the info box, where # varies from power to power. After some poking, this looks like it's moving the decimal to an incorrect location in the display, the correct total is being displayed and used elsewhere.

After further vigorous poking I'm reasonably certain that some of the wonkiness with Stealth in particular is because it grants two separate defense bonii, with one of them marked to suppress in combat. It adds both of these bonii to the "Totals for self" box, which means reaching defense caps with Stealth in the mix requires some out-of-program napkin math. Alternately, I may edit the database to remove the suppressible defense.

Combat Teleport does not inherit any +toHit from incarnate alphas. It doesn't take +toHit enhancements, either, so that may be working as intended. When I get a chance I'll see how the power acts in game.

I've also noticed that power slots no longer remember that you've +5'd them when you change enhancements,

Looks like there's some sort of flow / layout issue with the new version. When I maximise the screen the powers all vanish. Restoring it to a Window doesn't seem to fix it. 

Opening another build fixes it though. 

image.thumb.png.c84c6d2c73575c2893f340d1c9c43eb2.png

Also on my Bio/Spines Tank the Def numbers seem to be way too high (by about 15% or so). Expecting ~33% rather than capped S/L defenses. 

Switching to Alt Slots and back seemed to clear / fix that. I've quite a few Powers (like Defensive Adaption) which I cannot seem to click on. 

image.thumb.png.047599e7e7cb21976238ff9699df1a2c.png

I deliberately picked Bio because I've seen weirdness with it before (and because it was my last build I was tweaking). Attached here for reference.

Echinoderm - Tanker (Bio Armor) Teleport.mxd

Thank you for providing the new updates.  

I was having an issue with slotting the Scrapper ATO Scrapper's Strike, specifically the Acc/Dmg/End/Rech no matter what I did.  Tried a reboot and that seemed to fix the issue.  Just sharing in case someone else has this issue.

18 hours ago, Neko Prism said:

Just noting my experience here:

My husband and I both just did a fresh install from the 'main installer' download link in the OP.

An update was available and when I tried to initiate, I got the same error/pop-up window as you posted.

I was about to click on it but I didn't because I noticed there was another window open at the same time and it was downloading the update, so I let it continue. When it finished, it asked to restart. I did not click on the 'error' window at all. My update appears to be working fine as I am using v3.0.1.9.

Problem is, I get the "update installed correctly and will restart" popup too, but the error box never goes away until I choose an option to close that window. Mids also doesn't restart either like it says it's going to so I don't know what's going on.

12 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Problem is, I get the "update installed correctly and will restart" popup too, but the error box never goes away until I choose an option to close that window. Mids also doesn't restart either like it says it's going to so I don't know what's going on.

There should be a fix in the next patch for the update system.

I have another question on Mids Reborn that my Google-fu failed to answer:  Is there a way to make it slot Attuned IOs from regular sets?  Or to make it do that by default and then pick specific IOs not to be Attuned?

Edited by csr
Typo

On 1/1/2021 at 11:27 PM, Grim Lynn said:

Combat Teleport does not inherit any +toHit from incarnate alphas. It doesn't take +toHit enhancements, either, so that may be working as intended. When I get a chance I'll see how the power acts in game.

Combat Teleport does take +toHit enhancements in game, so this is a bug. I was going to edit the database, but when I opened it up I saw that it was already marked to take them, and then when I closed/saved the non-edit the power took them in the builder. I'm going to chalk this up to me not looking at something the right way, or possibly the database being nudged. Either way, it's taking +toHit enhancements but not being buffed by the alpha slot.

I also looked at Build Up and Aim on the same character and they're both displaying the values for ToHit and DamBuff the same weird way that all the defense powers are - the decimal place is definitely in the wrong spot on the INFO tab. As an example, Build Up shows DamBuff: 1% (Self) instead of 100%.

Edited by Grim Lynn

With the new Mids, Is there a way to stop it from changing my slot levels?

E.g., I place a slot in the level 2 power, it's labeled level 3. I later place slots in each of my level 1 powers, they're now labeled level 3 and the one I placed earlier is labeled level 5.

This makes it hard to design a leveling build.

• Thanks 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

24 minutes ago, Placta said:

With the new Mids, Is there a way to stop it from changing my slot levels?

E.g., I place a slot in the level 2 power, it's labeled level 3. I later place slots in each of my level 1 powers, they're now labeled level 3 and the one I placed earlier is labeled level 5.

This makes it hard to design a leveling build.

Not yet, but hopefully next update

On 1/2/2021 at 1:33 PM, Bopper said:

There should be a fix in the next patch for the update system.

After reinstall/uninstalling multiple times, I decided to let it install to the default directory in Users/AppData. This time, when clicking the update option, the error still came up but when I just ignored that popup and the "successfully updated" window came up, I clicked "okay" to restart Mids and it restarted after a few seconds on its own. It did open the newly updated version, so I don't know what that error coming up is. It seemed ignoring it completely when installed to the default location allowed the updater to restart the program, though.

Issues I've found with the 3.0 build (DB version 20.1225):

User interface:

- The color scheme is super distracting. Empty slots get lost in the visual noise of the power's label background; the labels themselves are difficult to read.

- I had to make the main window 30% larger than previous Mid's to make the text legible. Otherwise, the text gets cut off both vertically and horizontally (so for example a 4 is nearly indistinguishable from an A).

- The advanced totals window not being resizable is now a bigger problem given how large it is. I had to make my entire desktop 30% bigger to be able to see both the main window and advanced totals at the same time. In the previous mid's, I was able to do this with room to spare.

- The DPA calculation is truncated in certain cases (e.g. MM pets) because the font used to display those calculations is too large. This is frustrating because there is plenty of unused space just below that box, so there's no reason to make the box so small that it ever gets truncated.

Enhancement levels:

- I can't set the automatic level to be +5 by default; it only goes to +3.

- If I try to set all enhancements to +5, the dialog tells me that special enhancements can only be +2. This is wrong; they go up to +3.

- If I then click through to continue:

--- winter IOs and ATOs get +5, which is wrong; they are always attuned and can never be more than even level. This is an existing bug however.

--- Special enhancements get +2 instead of +3

--- Crafted IOs get +2 instead of +5

Miscellaneous:

- The Portal Jockey accolade selector doesn't render. I can hover over the area where it is supposed to be and get the hover text, and if I'm careful I can toggle it on/off. Which wouldn't be too big a deal except...

- Occasionally the app will just decide I don't have any accolades toggled and turn them off. I don't know what causes this. It's not just a display issue because the advanced totals window shows the lower HP, regen, recovery, and max end numbers.

- Showing a base 100% recharge and damage in the Advanced Totals is misleading. Please keep this display consistent with the in-game Combat Attributes displays, which show only the buff or debuff numbers. (I note that the ToHit display does not include its base of 75%, so this isn't even consistent within Mids.) If for some reason you really want to include the base, then at least drop the '+', because that indicates the number is a buff, which it is not. Or alternatively, split the number into 100+(buff).

Overall, I hate to say it, but I really want to go back to 2.x. That also had quirks but at least the UI was usable for me and I could see what +5 enhancements will do.

• Like 1