Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

21 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Enhancement levels:

- If I try to set all enhancements to +5, the dialog tells me that special enhancements can only be +2. This is wrong; they go up to +3.

- If I then click through to continue:

--- winter IOs and ATOs get +5, which is wrong; they are always attuned and can never be more than even level. This is an existing bug however.

The situation appears to be more nuanced than I wrote here. Superior Blistering Cold gets +5, while Superior Frozen Blast, Superior Avalanche, and Superior Winter's Bite all get +2. Superior Defiant Barrage gets +5 while Superior Blaster's Wrath gets +2. I haven't checked other winter sets or ATOs.

31 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Overall, I hate to say it, but I really want to go back to 2.x. That also had quirks but at least the UI was usable for me and I could see what +5 enhancements will do.

Then go back to 2.x.  Certainly nothing is preventing a return to the older version.

3.0.1.9 update has been out for a few days.

https://midsreborn.com/mids_updates/changelog.txt

Set your configuration update path to: https://midsreborn.com/mids_updates/update.xml

When you get the exception box, click on continue.

Seems like a lot more fixes are on the way.

1 hour ago, KeepDistance said:

Issues I've found with the 3.0 build (DB version 20.1225):

User interface:

- The color scheme is super distracting. Empty slots get lost in the visual noise of the power's label background; the labels themselves are difficult to read.

- I had to make the main window 30% larger than previous Mid's to make the text legible. Otherwise, the text gets cut off both vertically and horizontally (so for example a 4 is nearly indistinguishable from an A).

- The advanced totals window not being resizable is now a bigger problem given how large it is. I had to make my entire desktop 30% bigger to be able to see both the main window and advanced totals at the same time. In the previous mid's, I was able to do this with room to spare.

- The DPA calculation is truncated in certain cases (e.g. MM pets) because the font used to display those calculations is too large. This is frustrating because there is plenty of unused space just below that box, so there's no reason to make the box so small that it ever gets truncated.

Enhancement levels:

- I can't set the automatic level to be +5 by default; it only goes to +3.

- If I try to set all enhancements to +5, the dialog tells me that special enhancements can only be +2. This is wrong; they go up to +3.

- If I then click through to continue:

--- winter IOs and ATOs get +5, which is wrong; they are always attuned and can never be more than even level. This is an existing bug however.

--- Special enhancements get +2 instead of +3

--- Crafted IOs get +2 instead of +5

Miscellaneous:

- The Portal Jockey accolade selector doesn't render. I can hover over the area where it is supposed to be and get the hover text, and if I'm careful I can toggle it on/off. Which wouldn't be too big a deal except...

- Occasionally the app will just decide I don't have any accolades toggled and turn them off. I don't know what causes this. It's not just a display issue because the advanced totals window shows the lower HP, regen, recovery, and max end numbers.

- Showing a base 100% recharge and damage in the Advanced Totals is misleading. Please keep this display consistent with the in-game Combat Attributes displays, which show only the buff or debuff numbers. (I note that the ToHit display does not include its base of 75%, so this isn't even consistent within Mids.) If for some reason you really want to include the base, then at least drop the '+', because that indicates the number is a buff, which it is not. Or alternatively, split the number into 100+(buff).

Overall, I hate to say it, but I really want to go back to 2.x. That also had quirks but at least the UI was usable for me and I could see what +5 enhancements will do.

Can you update your mids (we are on v3.0.1.9 now), then update your bug report? Many of these might already be fixed.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

20 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Can you update your mids (we are on v3.0.1.9 now), then update your bug report? Many of these might already be fixed.

Surprised I needed to since this is a new install, but anyway, all the reported issues are still there in 3.0.1.9. The double-hasten bug is also still present although that might be a corrupted build file.

3 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Surprised I needed to since this is a new install, but anyway, all the reported issues are still there in 3.0.1.9. The double-hasten bug is also still present although that might be a corrupted build file.

Send me your build

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Blaster Sonic Support - EarSplitter is not correctly showing damage boosts from incarnate Alpha Musculature. I wasn't able to figure out how to fix this with a db edit even though it seems like it must be a db problem.

Earsplitter does seem to recognize Hybrid Assault Radial.

User interface:

Scaling is currently being worked on. Not sure if it will be in the next update.

This was bad luck. Forever we were allowing +3 when the game allowed only +2. So we fixed it. Then in Issue 27 they allowed +3 again. That will have to be looked at by @Zed

Showing a base 100% recharge and damage in the Advanced Totals is misleading. Please keep this display consistent with the in-game Combat Attributes displays, which show only the buff or debuff numbers. (I note that the ToHit display does not include its base of 75%, so this isn't even consistent within Mids.) If for some reason you really want to include the base, then at least drop the '+', because that indicates the number is a buff, which it is not. Or alternatively, split the number into 100+(buff).

If it's still showing +100%, then yes, it's misleading. But we will probably just remove the +. As for the 75% base To-Hit, we likely won't do that. We will just show the buff/debuff as the range of min/max on that is quite a bit to look at.

7 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Blaster Sonic Support - EarSplitter is not correctly showing damage boosts from incarnate Alpha Musculature. I wasn't able to figure out how to fix this with a db edit even though it seems like it must be a db problem.

Earsplitter does seem to recognize Hybrid Assault Radial.

Known issue, many alphas are not playing nice with newly added powersets. I think Electrical Affinity also has this issue. We'll look into it.

2 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

It's posted three messages above ^^^

But here it is again:

Acerbic - Blaster (Fire Blast).mxd 5.08 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, for some reason when I was on my phone, I did not see the attachment. Looking now.

• Thanks 1

This blaster build somehow has gotten confused about recharge. The advanced totals show 310 recharge with Hasten toggled on; the correct number is 240. It's as if the build has Hasten enabled twice. I did move where I took the power as I was editing the build.

Acerbic - Blaster (Fire Blast).mxd 5.06 kB · 0 downloads

It's because your Ageless Destiny is toggled on.

You are getting +70% from your build (purples and LotGs)

You are getting +70% from Hasten

You are getting +70% from Ageless

That is a total of +210% (or 310% total). I'll ask Zed to get rid of the + on Damage and Haste to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Known issue, many alphas are not playing nice with newly added powersets. I think Electrical Affinity also has this issue. We'll look into it.

They're not playing nice with at least one older power, either. Please see my previous posts for details.

2 minutes ago, Grim Lynn said:

They're not playing nice with at least one older power, either. Please see my previous posts for details.

I fear that may be a similar issue. IIRC, Leadership pool got remade around Page 5, so it might be going through the same issue. Either way, it sounds like we need to find the root cause of Alphas not applying when they should. When we do, we should get everything fixed in one shot.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Ah, you're right, sorry about that. (However, see my other query about putting the incarnate powers in fixed position - otherwise it's harder to check things like this.)

I don't know if we can go back to fixed position, but maybe. It would require lots of code changes. If you assign them a fixed spot, and you don't use it, you would likely get a gap between some inherents. But that's a Metalios question. I just do database stuff.

Edit: Also, Zed went ahead and removed the + from the View Totals on Haste and Damage. Those fields will not represent total recharge and total damage, which includes the 100% base.

Edited by Bopper

For those interested, please vote in this poll to determine how we shall display the View Totals going forward in Mids

I could be mistaken, but it appears that the Blaster Secondary /Devices has Targeting Drone wrong. In game is provides a flat 20% damage buff, (then a 60% damage buff when out of combat) while in Mids, it doesn't show that boost at all, and only mentioned the sniper powers.

This is on a Dual Pistols/Device blaster, which doesn't have any snipe powers, so it might be a special case. Just wanted to let ya'll know.

5 hours ago, Arbegla said:

I could be mistaken, but it appears that the Blaster Secondary /Devices has Targeting Drone wrong. In game is provides a flat 20% damage buff, (then a 60% damage buff when out of combat) while in Mids, it doesn't show that boost at all, and only mentioned the sniper powers.

This is on a Dual Pistols/Device blaster, which doesn't have any snipe powers, so it might be a special case. Just wanted to let ya'll know.

Looks like Mids had the outdated version of Targeting Drone. I went ahead and fixed the description and corrected the affects. I put in the 20% damage buff it will always have on (unless Mezzed) and I put in the extra 60% damage buff which will suppress when either Mezzed or Attacked. This change will show up in the next Mids update.

1 minute ago, Hyperstrike said:

Superior Command Of The Mastermind: The Quad (Acc/Dam/End/Rech) won't let itself be used.  It thinks there's one in the build already (and there isn't)

Are you using v3.0 or v3.0.1.9?