Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

Okay on 3.0.1.9
Unable to actually turn off Incarnates without removing them from the build.

Can you provide more details? We have done fixes, I want to see if what you're experiencing is already fixed or not

Edit: I just looked at our developer's version of Mids and it looks like this is already fixed and will be available in the next update. I was able to add and remove Incarnates without issue.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Can you provide more details? We have done fixes, I want to see if what you're experiencing is already fixed or not

Edit: I just looked at our developer's version of Mids and it looks like this is already fixed and will be available in the next update. I was able to add and remove Incarnates without issue.

It's not about adding or removing.
I have had intermittent issues just turning incarnate powers on and off (the green "active" dot).

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

4 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

It's not about adding or removing.
I have had intermittent issues just turning incarnate powers on and off (the green "active" dot).

Ok, I think I see what you mean. Personally, I'm not having too much trouble with turning on/off the green dot (my face sits about 4 feet from a 46 inch screen), however I am having to hit the dot exact to toggle it. Anywhere slightly outside it I can miss.

If you are still having trouble lining it up exact, there is something you can do. In the Information Panel (with the tabs: INFO | EFFECTS | TOTALS | ENHANCE), click on the TOTALS tab. That will lock in your build, but it will also turn your powers into buttons. So now when you go to click your Incarnate power, you can hit anywhere on the power to toggle it on/off, as opposed to trying to hit the toggle button.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

10 minutes ago, xl8 said:

Is anyone else having an issue with removing and adding slots?

I'm opening builds, taking a slot off and it's not appearing anywhere to be added.

I can remove as many as I like, but they don't appear.

Are you using version 3.0 or 3.0.1.9?

The newest update has been released: 3.0.2.18. Feel free to update it from your Mids, or install Mids (this updated version will be the installed version).

Epic AT issues:
On the PB/WS front.
3.0.1.9  is dropping form powers into the build haphazardly.

In the original Mids, it would drop them below the inherents as one COLUMN of powers for Nova, and another for Dwarf.

Additionally, the initial add of the forms doesn't always drop all the powers into the Inherent section.
On further examination, it looks like the form powers are overlapping in the interface and what shows up is "first come, first served".

General Interface Issues:
Also, switching column display (2-6) makes the Inherent section just go blank.

Upgrading:

Upgrade cycle tosses .NET errors

and nukes the program.

Location of install: "C:\Mids Reborn 3.0\Mids Reborn.exe"

Edited by Hyperstrike

2 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Epic AT issues:
On the PB/WS front.
3.0.1.9  is dropping form powers into the build haphazardly.

In the original Mids, it would drop them below the inherents as one COLUMN of powers for Nova, and another for Dwarf.

Additionally, the initial add of the forms doesn't always drop all the powers into the Inherent section.
On further examination, it looks like the form powers are overlapping in the interface and what shows up is "first come, first served".

General Interface Issues:
Also, switching column display (2-6) makes the Inherent section just go blank.

Upgrading:

Upgrade cycle tosses .NE errors

Have you seen this after updating to v3.0.2.18?

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Have you seen this after updating to v3.0.2.18?

See the addition above.
The upgrade basically ate the install.

(Further checking) It's breaking the shortcut.  The directory is there and upgrades fine.

Edited by Hyperstrike

Just now, Hyperstrike said:

See the addition above.
The upgrade basically ate the install.

It didn't actually update? I'm used to errors thrown while it updates, but not actually error out the update. Ok, try uninstalling and reinstall it from MidsReborn.com.

The reinstall will already be set to 3.0.2.18, so no need to update after. Let me know if that works. If not, I'll ask someone smarter than me as to what's going on.

Okay again, it basically breaks the shortcut on the Start Menu.
The thing seems to, otherwise, upgrade fine.

And I'm testing this on the 3.0.2.18 and it SEEMS to be working better now.

By preference, I'd still rather see each of the forms powers tied into their own columns of powers, rather than just tacked in randomly at the bottom of the Inherents list.

Basically, if you select Nova first, and Dwarf second, it leads to a different layout of powers than if you select Dwarf first and Nova second.

Nova, then Dwarf:

NovaDwarf.thumb.jpg.aabc8939113a8991c4ba31421c2fca7d.jpg

Dwarf, then Nova.

DwarfNova.thumb.jpg.e945e2cd2e6943f2a505c6895e4211f2.jpg

Note: I have my biases.  I also am running a fairly unique setup.  So I have LOTS more vertical space compared to most people.

Edited by Hyperstrike

6 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Okay again, it basically breaks the shortcut on the Start Menu

That's a known issue.  The program got renamed to MidsReborn (previously it was misnamed Mids Reborn), so thats the cause of the shortcut break, the filename changed. 

As for grouping, we did update some stuff to help keep like-powers together (so all incarnates will line up next to eachother, as opposed to purely first come first serve). We discussed the column grouping thing, but the logic is gonna need some serious work so it will be something potentially down the line.

Edited by Bopper

Fyi - Speaking of the green dots...

I thought maybe I was having some new visual issue with some of the dots being yellow now and sometimes even doubled up with green dots.

Then I found this in the notes:

- Enhancement procs now have their own unique gold toggle on powers. This applies to powers that could already toggle, allowing users to toggle the proc and the power separately.

image.png.bfbe522bb25c2697092c15e5e62fe539.png

Thank you!  I'm going to start reading the notes a bit more lol.

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

2 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

This build is pretty broken in the new Mids.  It uses the prestige powers as mules to get run speed up.  I can't get to any of them to move slots or enhancements around.

Tanker - Stone -Battle Axe.mxd 4.87 kB · 0 downloads

The prestige sprints are now in the Prestige Powers window. Unfortunately with old builds, its likely that those powers are stuck behind other inherent powers. Try going into the prestige powers and deselect the prestige sprints, then re-elect them into your build. Hopefully the show up then.

On 1/14/2021 at 4:27 PM, Bopper said:

It didn't actually update? I'm used to errors thrown while it updates, but not actually error out the update. Ok, try uninstalling and reinstall it from MidsReborn.com.

The reinstall will already be set to 3.0.2.18, so no need to update after. Let me know if that works. If not, I'll ask someone smarter than me as to what's going on.

The update broke my Mids install too.  I think it was new .NET 4.8 dependency that caused the issue.  I had to uninstall MR, install .NET 4.8, and then was able to use the MR MSI installer successfully to re-install.  Installing .NET 4.8 might have been enough, but I decided to start from scratch.

Edited by csr
Grammar; clarity

I've been having issues since the latest Issue 27 updates.  My enhancement sockets are all showing up to the left of where they actually are, and to affect them, you have to click to the right of the socket picture, making it almost impossible to change anything regarding my builds.   Here was an attempt to start a new build, just to show what the problem looks like.  Anyone else run into this problem or know a solution?

image.png.299d363699019b771b120507a5965efb.png

1 minute ago, AgentForest said:

I've been having issues since the latest Issue 27 updates.  My enhancement sockets are all showing up to the left of where they actually are, and to affect them, you have to click to the right of the socket picture, making it almost impossible to change anything regarding my builds.   Here was an attempt to start a new build, just to show what the problem looks like.  Anyone else run into this problem or know a solution?

image.png.299d363699019b771b120507a5965efb.png

Those graphics makes me think you're still using the old version of Mids. If you had tried to install the new version (version 3.0+), then something went wrong. You'll want to uninstall, then reinstall from MidsReborn.com 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

The prestige sprints are now in the Prestige Powers window. Unfortunately with old builds, its likely that those powers are stuck behind other inherent powers. Try going into the prestige powers and deselect the prestige sprints, then re-elect them into your build. Hopefully the show up then.

Tried that.  It brought them forward sometimes, but not every time.  And what came forward seemed to be random.

1 hour ago, Ura Hero said:

Tried that.  It brought them forward sometimes, but not every time.  And what came forward seemed to be random.

Send me your build

image.thumb.png.a7191f9f4658357a20cbd0e5279942e3.png

I'm mousing over Dark nova emanation, it's showing as Shadow step, mousing over the IOs shows the IO in the one slot that is in shadow step for the first, and the shadow step info for the others.

The build is https://forums.homecomingservers.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1095

(Matt_miracle's WS from the end of Dechs Kaison's MFing warshade guide thread)

For some reason it WILL not allow me to either delete the post or the extra 3 copies of the graphic it's randomly inserted, please ignore the images below this.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by HornyBeast
Trying and failing to get rid of unneeded extra copies of the graphic

My apologies if this has been brought up but I did not see it mentioned in the past pages.

I am currently testing EM with a tanker but checking the lil box for Energy Focus does not alter the cast time of Energy Transfer. I am a bit confused about why there are so many lil yellow dots on the powers now (I should read the patch notes but I could not find them. I blame only myself. Found them by joining the discord).

This is something I'd like to get my hands on since I believe with the change to the animation time the proc chances will be altered. Or will these be calculated by the regular animation time of ET such as has happened with other powers (Water Jet in Water Blast that insta refreshes)?

11 minutes ago, Sovera said:

My apologies if this has been brought up but I did not see it mentioned in the past pages.

I am currently testing EM with a tanker but checking the lil box for Energy Focus does not alter the cast time of Energy Transfer. I am a bit confused about why there are so many lil yellow dots on the powers now (I should read the patch notes but I could not find them. I blame only myself. Found them by joining the discord).

This is something I'd like to get my hands on since I believe with the change to the animation time the proc chances will be altered. Or will these be calculated by the regular animation time of ET such as has happened with other powers (Water Jet in Water Blast that insta refreshes)?

We'll look into this. I swore this was working correctly at one time, but we had other bugs with the Display panel that we had to address and that might have broke the functionality for showing different cast times. When I have Energy Focus on, I get this:

image.png.1fcf1abf6b188ffbaf65beaf7410b50d.png

The 1s is shown in parenthesis, however the proc calculations are not being updated to use the new cast time. Not sure why, but we'll look into it.

As for insta-refreshes, that does not impact proc calculations. That is an effect that simply takes your power off cooldown (like burnout), but it does not change the recharge time of the power.