Jump to content

Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Bopper said:

Editing a database is not code. You go in, find the power you want to change, make the edits. You can use City of Data to get the scales you need.

Hopefully he/she sees the response.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, Bopper said:

Editing a database is not code. You go in, find the power you want to change, make the edits. You can use City of Data to get the scales you need.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be an ass. It's just that I don't know how to do any of that. I've never done it before and I'm anxious to update my characters. I haven't played the game in over a month because I want to do a revamp of my characters first. I'm just hoping that we get something soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 6:15 PM, cohjess8107 said:

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be an ass. It's just that I don't know how to do any of that. I've never done it before and I'm anxious to update my characters. I haven't played the game in over a month because I want to do a revamp of my characters first. I'm just hoping that we get something soon.

 

Not to be super rude here, but there was a time before Mids existed, and people legit just used pen and paper to build characters.

Aside from the Sorcery changes which really just focuses on adjustments to the powers, and doesn't affect that IOs could be slotted in them, there isn't a whole lot that was modified with this last patch.

 

I totally get anxiety, but pestering the development team to make changes now, when there is an offline way to do them yourself just doesn't seem very nice.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird issue I have is that if the program's been closed awhile and I click on a link from the forum, it never actually brings up the linked build the first try.  I have to close it and click the link again, and then it will load correctly.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JayboH said:

Weird issue I have is that if the program's been closed awhile and I click on a link from the forum, it never actually brings up the linked build the first try.  I have to close it and click the link again, and then it will load correctly.

The first build of the day never loads for me.

 

Another problem I have is it stopped remembering where I drug a window like the incarnate window. It always pops them up in the center of the screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downloaded 3.0.5.5 but it won't start properly:

image.png.b3201f327d1b8425abb93f36a60424a9.png

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at mrbBase.Base.Master_Classes.MidsContext.GetCryptedValue(String type, String name)
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

 

EDIT: Tried "deleting" Config.json (renamed it) since I seem to remember that fixing a similar problem in the past but I still get the same error except now it also creates an empty file called Config.mhd.

Edited by darkgob
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, darkgob said:

Just downloaded 3.0.5.5 but it won't start properly:

image.png.b3201f327d1b8425abb93f36a60424a9.png

 

 

I get the same error.

City Global @Jacke, @Jacke2 || Discord @Jacke#9626  

@TheUnnamedOne's Badge Reporter Popmenu

Commands Popmenu including Long Range Teleport Available Zones

Finding Your City Install Root on Windows for HC Launcher, Tequila, Island Rum

"We didn't get to be RO by randomly shooting stuff with powers we drew from a hat." - Colonel Kernel   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jacke said:

 

I get the same error.

Figured out the problem.  Go to C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Local\RebornTeam, there should be a file called ConfigSP.json there.  Rename it to ConfigSP.json.old.

 

I was able to get it to launch after this, but subsequent launches seem to recreate ConfigSP.json.  Gonna try uninstalling, manually removing all data from Roaming and Local, then reinstall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, darkgob said:

Well, it launches fine, but on exit I get this:

image.png.96a39a137316ebfc3e6b4d7c7dd396ed.png

 

Subsequent launch gets me this:

image.png.9396fcd98e358ad37cea52851a6b65aa.png

 

Then the previous error again, then the original error.

 

I removed the Mids Reborn install, deleted all files and folders, and re-installed fresh.  I install Mids Reborn to a non-standard location which gets mentioned in the first error popup, otherwise I get all of the above.

City Global @Jacke, @Jacke2 || Discord @Jacke#9626  

@TheUnnamedOne's Badge Reporter Popmenu

Commands Popmenu including Long Range Teleport Available Zones

Finding Your City Install Root on Windows for HC Launcher, Tequila, Island Rum

"We didn't get to be RO by randomly shooting stuff with powers we drew from a hat." - Colonel Kernel   

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I removed the Mids Reborn install, deleted all files and folders, and re-installed fresh.  I install Mids Reborn to a non-standard location which gets mentioned in the first error popup, otherwise I get all of the above.

 

A bug-fix version has been release, 3.0.5.6, that seems to be working without issue.

City Global @Jacke, @Jacke2 || Discord @Jacke#9626  

@TheUnnamedOne's Badge Reporter Popmenu

Commands Popmenu including Long Range Teleport Available Zones

Finding Your City Install Root on Windows for HC Launcher, Tequila, Island Rum

"We didn't get to be RO by randomly shooting stuff with powers we drew from a hat." - Colonel Kernel   

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...