Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

11 hours ago, Bopper said:

Editing a database is not code. You go in, find the power you want to change, make the edits. You can use City of Data to get the scales you need.

Hopefully he/she sees the response.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 5/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, Bopper said:

Editing a database is not code. You go in, find the power you want to change, make the edits. You can use City of Data to get the scales you need.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be an ass. It's just that I don't know how to do any of that. I've never done it before and I'm anxious to update my characters. I haven't played the game in over a month because I want to do a revamp of my characters first. I'm just hoping that we get something soon.

On 6/4/2021 at 6:15 PM, cohjess8107 said:

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be an ass. It's just that I don't know how to do any of that. I've never done it before and I'm anxious to update my characters. I haven't played the game in over a month because I want to do a revamp of my characters first. I'm just hoping that we get something soon.

Not to be super rude here, but there was a time before Mids existed, and people legit just used pen and paper to build characters.

Aside from the Sorcery changes which really just focuses on adjustments to the powers, and doesn't affect that IOs could be slotted in them, there isn't a whole lot that was modified with this last patch.

I totally get anxiety, but pestering the development team to make changes now, when there is an offline way to do them yourself just doesn't seem very nice.

• Thanks 1

Weird issue I have is that if the program's been closed awhile and I click on a link from the forum, it never actually brings up the linked build the first try.  I have to close it and click the link again, and then it will load correctly.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

8 hours ago, JayboH said:

Weird issue I have is that if the program's been closed awhile and I click on a link from the forum, it never actually brings up the linked build the first try.  I have to close it and click the link again, and then it will load correctly.

The first build of the day never loads for me.

Another problem I have is it stopped remembering where I drug a window like the incarnate window. It always pops them up in the center of the screen.

Just downloaded 3.0.5.5 but it won't start properly:

image.png.b3201f327d1b8425abb93f36a60424a9.png

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at mrbBase.Base.Master_Classes.MidsContext.GetCryptedValue(String type, String name)
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

EDIT: Tried "deleting" Config.json (renamed it) since I seem to remember that fixing a similar problem in the past but I still get the same error except now it also creates an empty file called Config.mhd.

Edited by darkgob

34 minutes ago, darkgob said:

Just downloaded 3.0.5.5 but it won't start properly:

image.png.b3201f327d1b8425abb93f36a60424a9.png

I get the same error.

Just now, Jacke said:

I get the same error.

Figured out the problem.  Go to C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Local\RebornTeam, there should be a file called ConfigSP.json there.  Rename it to ConfigSP.json.old.

I was able to get it to launch after this, but subsequent launches seem to recreate ConfigSP.json.  Gonna try uninstalling, manually removing all data from Roaming and Local, then reinstall.

5 hours ago, darkgob said:

Well, it launches fine, but on exit I get this:

image.png.96a39a137316ebfc3e6b4d7c7dd396ed.png

Subsequent launch gets me this:

image.png.9396fcd98e358ad37cea52851a6b65aa.png

Then the previous error again, then the original error.

I removed the Mids Reborn install, deleted all files and folders, and re-installed fresh.  I install Mids Reborn to a non-standard location which gets mentioned in the first error popup, otherwise I get all of the above.

21 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I removed the Mids Reborn install, deleted all files and folders, and re-installed fresh.  I install Mids Reborn to a non-standard location which gets mentioned in the first error popup, otherwise I get all of the above.

A bug-fix version has been release, 3.0.5.6, that seems to be working without issue.

• Thanks 1

v3.0.5.6 broke my Peacebringer builds.  They all have Quantum Acceleration in the power list, which I can't remove and replace with Quantum Maneuvers.  In addition to not being able to edit the power choice, all powers listed after it are off by one in the order.  That is, if I mouse-hover over the subsequent power it lists the info for the next power down the list.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I really don't want to have to completely redo all three builds.  [Edit:]  In a related note Infiltration properly replaced Invisibility without causing the same problem.

Edited by csr

4 minutes ago, csr said:

v3.0.5.6 broke my Peacebringer builds.  They all have Quantum Acceleration in the power list, which I can't remove and replace with Quantum Maneuvers.  In addition to not being able to edit the power choice, all powers listed after it are off by one in the order.  That is, if I mouse-hover over the subsequent power it lists the info for the next power down the list.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I really don't want to have to completely redo all three builds.

I think I saw in the commits that @Zedfixed this internally. I'll let him comment on it, but if it is fixed a hot fix will likely go out sooner than later.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Thanks for the update!

Any way to unselect Afterburner in old builds?  I can't figure out how to remove without rebuilding from nothing.

Known bug.  Will be fixed in the next update, whenever that may be.  In the meantime, you can download an old version of Mids, unselect Afterburner in all of your old builds, and save 'em.  Or just wait for the new version. :P

9 minutes ago, Apparition said:

In the meantime, you can download an old version of Mids, unselect Afterburner in all of your old builds, and save 'em.

Just got done doing that and was coming to post it.  Works fine, and much less tedious than rebuilding from scratch.