Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

Previously this had (as far as I can remember) prebuilt binaries that did not require you to install anything.

The git project currently has no branch that has prebuilt binaries. Will that be the case moving forward? I am fairly sure this is why I have not updated past 2.6.1.25....

3 hours ago, Hew said:

Previously this had (as far as I can remember) prebuilt binaries that did not require you to install anything.

The git project currently has no branch that has prebuilt binaries. Will that be the case moving forward? I am fairly sure this is why I have not updated past 2.6.1.25....

There are ZIP files that you can download from the Mids' web site here.

I'm having some graphics issues with the new version (3.1.1.2 with DB .1213).

When I use button3 to add the next IO in a set the icon doesn't render most of the time.  I have to flip to the alternate slotting and back to get it to draw.  Mouse-over gives the context info on the IO, so it's slotting, just not rendering.

Also, when I drag-and-drop a power to a new place (level) in a build it sometimes (rarely) fails to draw the powers in their new positions.

Is anyone else having performance issues with this build?  Builds are taking longer to load (2s or so instead of instantly), if I click things quickly sometimes the clicks don't take (this happens on the Show Totals window tabs for instance) and the graphics are just plain slow to render.

Anyway... has the desktop wipe on uninstall bug been fixed?  I'm thinking of doing a complete re-install and am leery about running the uninstall after what that did to me last time.

18 hours ago, csr said:

Is anyone else having performance issues with this build?  Builds are taking longer to load (2s or so instead of instantly), if I click things quickly sometimes the clicks don't take (this happens on the Show Totals window tabs for instance) and the graphics are just plain slow to render.

Anyway... has the desktop wipe on uninstall bug been fixed?  I'm thinking of doing a complete re-install and am leery about running the uninstall after what that did to me last time.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times last week with no issues regarding files disappearing.

But if the issue is tied to the version being uninstalled it may be that I never had that version installed to begin with. 

Well, the uninstaller may not be updated with the app, but I'd think it would be.  I may still just wait until after Xmas to give it a try.  The annoyance is minor except when making a new build.  It's mostly the button3 set fills and drag-and-drop power order changes that get to me.

Is there still a 32 bit only zip version? I believe that is what I previously used for installation via Wine. Basically, I set everything up after a hiatus, and I receive the following error when attempting to load or save from a file:

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Bad format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at mrbBase.Zlib.Compress(Byte& destBytes, Int32& destLength, Byte& srcBytes, Int32 srcLength, Int32 compressionLevel)
   at mrbBase.Zlib.CompressChunk(Byte[]& iBytes)
   at mrbBase.MidsCharacterFileFormat.MxDBuildSaveStringShared(CompressionData& cData, Boolean includeAltEnh, Boolean break)
   at mrbBase.MidsCharacterFileFormat.MxDBuildSaveString(Boolean includeAltEnh, Boolean forumMode)
   at Mids_Reborn.clsToonX.Save(String iFileName)
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.doSaveAs()
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.tsFileSaveAs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MidsReborn
    Assembly Version: 3.1.2.5
    Win32 Version: 3.1.2.5
    CodeBase: file:///Z:/home/user/.local/share/wine/midsreborn/MidsReborn.exe

❯ wine --version
wine-6.0.2

I've tried a wineprefix with WINEARCH=win32 as well as win64 just for the heck of it. The same error occurs. The wine version is above and I use winetricks to install dotnet48.  I can do seemingly anything else in the app. It starts up and I can pick powers and enhancements fine. I am just not able to save (and load) the files. Anyway I vaguely remember the first post containing links for a "macos/linux" version but I don't see that now.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, glycerine102 said:

Is there still a 32 bit only zip version? I believe that is what I previously used for installation via Wine. Basically, I set everything up after a hiatus, and I receive the following error when attempting to load or save from a file:

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Bad format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at mrbBase.Zlib.Compress(Byte& destBytes, Int32& destLength, Byte& srcBytes, Int32 srcLength, Int32 compressionLevel)
   at mrbBase.Zlib.CompressChunk(Byte[]& iBytes)
   at mrbBase.MidsCharacterFileFormat.MxDBuildSaveStringShared(CompressionData& cData, Boolean includeAltEnh, Boolean break)
   at mrbBase.MidsCharacterFileFormat.MxDBuildSaveString(Boolean includeAltEnh, Boolean forumMode)
   at Mids_Reborn.clsToonX.Save(String iFileName)
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.doSaveAs()
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.tsFileSaveAs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MidsReborn
    Assembly Version: 3.1.2.5
    Win32 Version: 3.1.2.5
    CodeBase: file:///Z:/home/user/.local/share/wine/midsreborn/MidsReborn.exe

❯ wine --version
wine-6.0.2

I've tried a wineprefix with WINEARCH=win32 as well as win64 just for the heck of it. The same error occurs. The wine version is above and I use winetricks to install dotnet48.  I can do seemingly anything else in the app. It starts up and I can pick powers and enhancements fine. I am just not able to save (and load) the files. Anyway I vaguely remember the first post containing links for a "macos/linux" version but I don't see that now.

It think lib/zlib1.dll is built with the anycpu target instead of the 32-bit one.  I was able to fix this on my installation by replacing it with the latest 32-bit version from dll-files.com

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a similar issue, though not as severe.  All my enhancement slots were moved to the left by about one slot.  I tried to figure out a way to fix it and couldn't.  Ultimately I went to the Mids Discord and was advised to unintstall and reinstall and that worked.  Even better, it took less then a couple of minutes -- not painful at all.

4 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I had a similar issue, though not as severe.  All my enhancement slots were moved to the left by about one slot.  I tried to figure out a way to fix it and couldn't.  Ultimately I went to the Mids Discord and was advised to unintstall and reinstall and that worked.  Even better, it took less then a couple of minutes -- not painful at all.

Alas not an option for me, as I am using the zip version.

On 1/6/2022 at 2:26 PM, Kosmic said:

It does not matter  which version I use, as the problem is the same.

Though I hate telling people to do this, but if you used the install version, there may be entries in the registry that may need deleted after you uninstall to make sure you have done a complete uninstall.

10 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Though I hate telling people to do this, but if you used the install version, there may be entries in the registry that may need deleted after you uninstall to make sure you have done a complete uninstall.

It is just the zip version, never used the installed version.

Edited by Kosmic