Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

• 4 weeks later
On 1/10/2022 at 1:48 PM, RedDedZed said:

Used the above link to download the builder, and Malawarebyte's blocked the site for suspected Trojan. FYI. 

I had the same thing, you just need to add it as an exclusion in Mal.  It's most likely because there is an Exe download on the main page, and Malwarebytes hates those.  Although, that is your option to not add it just incase you want to be cautious. 

~Everlasting~

The Emperor of Mankind - Titan Weapon/Willpower Brute

Sigismund - Illusion/Radiation Controller

Mids is broken. Whether it is incorrect power numbers or simply refusing to open, it is very frustrating. I can't get it to open properly utilizing the few recommendations I've seen here. Deleting it from roaming data and reinstalling does not fix it. I don't have malwarebytes. Has everyone else given up to, or is there a fix I'm missing?

My Mids hero designer doesn't seem to want to load the window. The program launches fine and it's in my taskbar, but there's no window. I have no other screens or displays it could be on. I've tried repairing the program, and reinstalling it, but still have the same issue.

EDIT: The version from the zip file seems to run fine. It's the install version that has this problem. Still not sure what's causing it.

Edited by JawGod
Found a solution to my problem, but not an answer to the issue.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, emeyer406 said:

when I launch mids i get the start up animation and a window on my taskbar but it will not actually load mids.  i click on icon in taskbar and nothing happens.  i removed and reinstalled with same effect plz help

Search where you installed Mids and look for a file called config.json. Delete that file. Then try reopening Mids.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I'm trying to get Mids running on my wife's Mac, running Big Sur. I'm using the instructions that crytilis posted back in Feb 2021 for installing on Catalina and Big Sur, but I'm stuck on the winding color wheel. Anyone have any luck with running Mids on a mac with Big Sur?

• 3 weeks later
Just now, Zappalina said:

Before I reinstall this after uninstall, it says  Jason Thompson I just want to make sure i downloaded from the correct link?   image.png.a6166aa7e39abfd4ed0553a84a3fe58d.png

You did

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 2 months later

When in doubt, and repairs don't seem to work:

1. Make sure you have a backup of your builds folder.  Uninstalling shouldn't blow it out, but I'm a paranoid sort.
  2. Download Revo Uninstaller Portable.
  3. Start up the version (x86 or x64) suitable for your Windows install.
  4. Uninstall Mids.
  5. After the uninstall, set the Scan preferences to Advanced.
  6. Select all registry entries and hit DELETE (not NEXT)
  7. NOW hit NEXT
  8. Select all left-over files and hit DELETE (again not NEXT)
  9. Download Mids Reborn FRESH from their website.
  10. Reinstall Mids.
  11. Unless you have a VERY VERY messed up Windows install, the program should be working again.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

14 hours ago, Bartacus said:

I did that and it didn't fix it 😞 i dont get it

Okay, if you did a total uninstall, file and registry scrub and a fresh install of Mids didn't fix it, you have something ELSE going on with your system.

Are you getting error messages?
If so, paste them up here.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I ended up fixing it by installing an older version of mids. Whatever installer is being used now installs a version for me that won't work with the power/slot button.

No errors are happening. Button just doesn't do anything.

• Metalios locked this topic
  • Metalios unlocked and locked this topic