Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

2 hours ago, Tath99 said:

I cannot save any files or changes when using this program.  I cannot rename an opened file as a new name, the 'new name does not exist'.  This may well be a file permission issue rather than a bug, regardless please advise - and maybe add advice to general FAQ as to how such an issue might be overcome?

3 hours ago, 5haggy said:

Running Windows 10 all updates, have NetFramework already installed, I get this on download:

image.png.700fc2bf94ace6c7df50e73d1e132c80.png

But it does actually download. On execute this file I get this:

image.png.36d2fe2f9534bcc23ffec8e866c31f30.png

If I go to here, which one do I use?

image.png.defcf497634c632ecccf5bd642a05b71.png

Would love to use the Hero Designer!

Which installer did you all use and which version of windows?

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

Windows 10 Home

Setup Installer

Windows System Defender still throws up a warning but can be bypassed.

I previously tried installing in a different directory on C:\ drive.  Installing to default suggested drive location seems to have resolved my issue.

14 minutes ago, Tath99 said:

Windows 10 Home

Setup Installer

Windows System Defender still throws up a warning but can be bypassed.

I previously tried installing in a different directory on C:\ drive.  Installing to default suggested drive location seems to have resolved my issue.

Microsoft should be removing this flag in it's next defender definition patch as it has been submitted and is a false positive

Update on Sentinel Energy Aura planned? Power Armor is now an Auto, and gives +HP along with the +Res all-Psi. Half the HP isn't enhanceable, of course (120.48 unenhance, 120.48 enhanceable at lvl 50 - no +HP accolades or buffs on the toon).

Death is the best debuff.

13 hours ago, Eran Rist said:

Update on Sentinel Energy Aura planned? Power Armor is now an Auto, and gives +HP along with the +Res all-Psi. Half the HP isn't enhanceable, of course (120.48 unenhance, 120.48 enhanceable at lvl 50 - no +HP accolades or buffs on the toon).

You should see this change in the next public release.

2 minutes ago, MysticOne said:

Returning newbie question that I'm sure has been asked but I can't find. Is there a "how to" guide for Mids' Reborn? I'm trying to figure out how to get my character from game to the program.  Or is this a manual input? 

Thanks! 

Manual.    There is no transfer from game to mids.  

On 8/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, Johnny Velocity said:

Okay, I previously saw instructions to boost an individual enhancement, you right click on it and hit + up to 5 times.  I simply cannot get this to work.  Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Anyone?  Is there a way to "boost" enhancements yet in the reborn designer? If so, how?

Previously I had to customize the database to create boosted enhancements manually, and the install of this new reborn designer wiped out the old database so that's gone, and it's a bit of a pain.

18 minutes ago, StPatty33 said:

Anyone?  Is there a way to "boost" enhancements yet in the reborn designer? If so, how?

Previously I had to customize the database to create boosted enhancements manually, and the install of this new reborn designer wiped out the old database so that's gone, and it's a bit of a pain.

Right click the enhancement, hover over it like you're going to re-select it, then hit the + key five times.

• Like 1

Am I the only one having problems with clicking on a link in forum posted builds and HD opens but it just loads my last saved build instead of the forum one I clicked? If I click a second and third time it eventually loads the one from the forums.

1 hour ago, mdude134 said:

I would believe there is a problem when loading Super reflexes for tanks as it comes up with https://gyazo.com/307477f7393b4a508bff72a4ae01da15 and then put Choking cloud instead of the powers from super reflexes: https://gyazo.com/e246fa10be0dc012c4bf2042727b5dc1 

Could this be looked into please. 

Which app and version are you using?

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, MysticOne said:

Returning newbie question that I'm sure has been asked but I can't find. Is there a "how to" guide for Mids' Reborn? I'm trying to figure out how to get my character from game to the program.  Or is this a manual input? 

Thanks! 

Not until someone knows how to easily convert the ingame Build files (/buildsave) to the Mids format. I mean, it looks painless enough, but I'm guessing there's some data it expects to see in the file that it doesn't because I get a blank build when simply changing the filetype (after a few errors).

build.txt Pyromethious - DMG Focus.mxd

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

21 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Not until someone knows how to easily convert the ingame Build files (/buildsave) to the Mids format. I mean, it looks painless enough, but I'm guessing there's some data it expects to see in the file that it doesn't because I get a blank build when simply changing the filetype (after a few errors).

build.txt 2.17 kB · 1 download Pyromethious - DMG Focus.mxd 3.3 kB · 0 downloads

As of last time I worked on it... Mids saves user build files using "static indices" determined at the time that data is imported, in the name of making those really small data chunks you can export to forums and such (and so it doesn't need a second save format). You can open a Mids build in a text editor and see that it's got one of those hexadecimal data chunks at the bottom of the file.
Anyway, that said, it wouldn't be particularly hard for the Mids Reborn team to import that format, but I hear they're a bit busy. :P
(For the record, I've not made any changes to Mids myself since 2011.)

18 hours ago, mdude134 said:

I would believe there is a problem when loading Super reflexes for tanks as it comes up with https://gyazo.com/307477f7393b4a508bff72a4ae01da15 and then put Choking cloud instead of the powers from super reflexes: https://gyazo.com/e246fa10be0dc012c4bf2042727b5dc1 

Could this be looked into please. 

2 hours ago, mdude134 said:

The current app i am using is Mids' Reborn v2.6.0.1 https://gyazo.com/94e403da3540822d75c9e75200b71897

That issue was fixed with 2.6.0.3.  If you follow the instructions in post #1, you will have 2.6.0.2 and update it to 2.6.0.3.

16 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

That issue was fixed with 2.6.0.3.  If you follow the instructions in post #1, you will have 2.6.0.2 and update it to 2.6.0.3.

No one has yet addressed whether or not the later 0.2 or 0.3 iterations are .net 2.0 "friendly" or whether they have a dependency upon .net 4.7.2 built into them.  Some of us are Mac users and we are ... limited ... by .net iterations with respect to what works without needing to resort to Boot Camp to reach Windows 10 in order to use the app at all.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.