Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

This program is fantastic guys! Thanks for the hard work on it. One question, is there any way to scale up the size of the UI within the window? It's really small on my screen, and the size doesn't change at all when I made the program fullscreen. I literally have to lean in to within a couple of feet of my monitor to see it (I normally sit 5 feet away, as I have a 34" monitor.) The info window also doesn't seem to be re-sizeable, even though all the other detachable windows in the program are, for some reason. On my screen, the info window is so small as to be unusable, I can't see half of the stats of powers in it because there's no way to scroll to fit all the text into the boxes.

Edited by unfazeable

3 hours ago, unfazeable said:

This program is fantastic guys! Thanks for the hard work on it. One question, is there any way to scale up the size of the UI within the window? It's really small on my screen, and the size doesn't change at all when I made the program fullscreen. I literally have to lean in to within a couple of feet of my monitor to see it (I normally sit 5 feet away, as I have a 34" monitor.) The info window also doesn't seem to be re-sizeable, even though all the other detachable windows in the program are, for some reason. On my screen, the info window is so small as to be unusable, I can't see half of the stats of powers in it because there's no way to scroll to fit all the text into the boxes.

Currently there is not however it is something I am working on. It will require a major rewrite of some the foundation that MRB is built upon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

10 hours ago, TheAdjustor said:

Haven't seen this mentioned before so  I thought I would post.

Mid's Reborn  2.603 update 6/8/2019

Loads /tactical arrow builds with raptor pack instead of electrified net arrow in the buld and won't remove raptor pack from the power slot.

Can you share the build and repost the bug in our discord under #bug reports so I can take a look? Thanks

Edit: I have recreated the issue you described and have determined this is due to the build you are loading using old/broken indexes. Older versions of Mids' (Pines Hero Designer, v 2.5 of MRB, and possibly the version from Titan network) were operating off of a DB that had overlapping index values which creates issues when loading certain builds by either replacing powers or enhancements. This has been fixed in the 2.6.0.3 revision of MRB and will be the standard going forward. Below are the patch notes from 8/9 which you will find in our Discord (Link in main 1st page) 

Metalios08/09/2019

2.6.0.3 Patch Notes

Application Changes
    Removed 20k+ lines of redundant code improving overall application performance
    Fixed Discord settings server addition (When adding a server it will now automatically be selected in the list)

Database Changes
    Defender:
        Flame Mastery: Fixed prerequisites for all powers
    Mastermind:
        Thugs: Thug Enforcers can now use Accurate Defense Debuff and Defense IO sets.
        Robotics: Protector Bots now shows the amount of defense that is applied to the caster in the effects pane.
        Demons: Summon Demons now shows the amount of resistance that is applied to the caster in the effects pane.
    Widow:
        Teamwork: Mind Link is no longer affected by global recharge.
    Enhancements:
        Annihilation: Chance for resistance proc adjusted to 12.5% down from 20%
    Misc:
        Sentinel's Beam Rifle is no longer replaced with Sandman proc upon reloading.
        Sentinel's Dark and Dual Pistols abilities should no longer overlap/replace each other.
        Tanker's Super Reflex powers are no longer replaced by Mastermind's Radiation Emission powers and vice versa
        Fixed remaining database index conflicts, powers should not overlap/replace each other going forward.

*Note*: Due to the index conflicts prior to this update, some builds may need to be either rebuilt or have incorrect powers removed and re-added then re-saved.

Edited by crytilis
  • Thanks 1

Font & text appear small on screen ...   I've always had the same issue using Mid's - that the overall app looks small on screen.

Because I'm running Win10pro,  I ended up going into Windows -->Settings-->Display & set the overall scaling to 125%  which effects all windows. This allows Mid's to display 25% bigger & looks good (solves the issue). Of course doing this changes the window scaling for all apps not just Mid's so had to resize/rescale other apps I normally use. Thanks to the Devs there are some new features in the Game-Options-Window, you can un-select automatic UI scale & manually set the scaling to 100% ifor full screen - left in auto uses what windows was scaled to (125%). This at least is one way to solve the issue until a better way comes along  

ex: Windows Display settings:  res 1920x1080 scale: 125% ,  Game: res1920x1080, UI auto-scale: disabled, Scale: 100% - try this & see if it helps ..

Edited by MulT

5 hours ago, crytilis said:

That was just in 2.6.0.3, lol doesn't even touch what has been done in the next revision.

Please tell me that the next revision will contain a .net 2.0 version build that we poor Mac users can make use of in a file replacement fashion, rather than needing to make a completely new clean install ...

I'm still stuck using 2.6.0.1 because that was the last .net 2.0 released version.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2.6.0.2 version (Have reinstalled)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0> System.Linq.Enumerable.Append(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0>, !!0)'.
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GBPA_AddEnhFX(IPower& iPower, Int32 iIndex)
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GBPA_SubPass0_AssemblePowerEntry(Int32 nIDPower, Int32 hIDX)
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GetBasePower(Int32 iPower, Int32 nIDPower)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.Info_Power(Int32 powerIdx, Int32 iEnhLvl, Boolean NoLevel, Boolean Lock)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.RefreshTabs(Int32 iPower, I9Slot iEnh, Int32 iLevel)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.pnlGFX_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1650.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.2
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1652.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Base
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/Base.DLL
midsControls
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/midsControls.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1099.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.5.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by AlienMafia

On 9/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, crytilis said:

Demons: Summon Demons now shows the amount of resistance that is applied to the caster in the effects pane.

Just wanted to let you know.  I'm still having trouble getting this to work for the demons.    

It isn't clickable off and on like the protector bots one is. 

and when I am able to get it to finally work, it only shows 1 of the two resist auras that the demons have.

5 hours ago, Vanex said:

Hello,

I've found that Pine 2.23 doesn't allow  healing/defense sets/stuns for Protector Bots (Robitics MM):

image.png.6a0b6b60a37ce803d7daef173a364718.png maybe scroll with mouse wheel..

image.png.759f2dc14d34995b1f6be3b549182994.png

can you please add those? thanks.

Regards,

Pines has been retired and is no longer being maintained. You can download MRB from the links in the first post of this thread.

3 hours ago, Jordan Yen said:

It may have already been said, but there are two main codebases out there: Homecoming and I2v1 standard (the Ourodev build). Does this have any support for I2v1? And if not, could the code be opened up to that dev team for the rest of the community?

A build for Ouro is planned just not yet implemented.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlienMafia said:

2.6.0.2 version (Have reinstalled)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0> System.Linq.Enumerable.Append(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<!!0>, !!0)'.
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GBPA_AddEnhFX(IPower& iPower, Int32 iIndex)
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GBPA_SubPass0_AssemblePowerEntry(Int32 nIDPower, Int32 hIDX)
   at Hero_Designer.clsToonX.GetBasePower(Int32 iPower, Int32 nIDPower)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.Info_Power(Int32 powerIdx, Int32 iEnhLvl, Boolean NoLevel, Boolean Lock)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.RefreshTabs(Int32 iPower, I9Slot iEnh, Int32 iLevel)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.pnlGFX_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1650.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.2
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1652.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Base
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/Base.DLL
midsControls
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/midsControls.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1099.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.5.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stephen/AppData/Roaming/RebornTeam/Mids%20Reborn/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

What were you doing when this occurred? Also please select the check for updates and update to 2.6.0.3

13 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Just wanted to let you know.  I'm still having trouble getting this to work for the demons.    

It isn't clickable off and on like the protector bots one is. 

and when I am able to get it to finally work, it only shows 1 of the two resist auras that the demons have.

This is being worked on

• Thanks 1

So, you hit Options->check for updates and it didn't find it?  Or, you went to the site looking to download It?

If the first, your AV or Firewall may be blocking it.  My friend had that issue and had a hard time getting it to be allowed, but he got it.

If the 2nd, that update isn't available that way.  I think they were using that update to test out the Check for Update code.

Edited by Caulderone

18 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

So, you hit Options->check for updates and it didn't find it?  Or, you went to the site looking to download It?

If the first, your AV or Firewall may be blocking it.  My friend had that issue and had a hard time getting it to be allowed, but he got it.

If the 2nd, that update isn't available that way.  I think they were using that update to test out the Check for Update code.

was looking for it on sites since up to now the check for update has not worked for years but no, Ive been having trouble with computer in general and now i cant seem to download MRB at all and gives up during install. testing stuff out now

4 hours ago, AlienMafia said:

was looking for it on sites since up to now the check for update has not worked for years but no, Ive been having trouble with computer in general and now i cant seem to download MRB at all and gives up during install. testing stuff out now

Keep in mind MRB is not the original Mids nor is it Pines. Also what OS and version are you running. MRB requires .NET 4.7.2 as well

4 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Correct 2.6.0.3 included several fixes but was mainly meant to test the new update code.