Characters where you took the WHOLE Primary and Secondary

Heraclea

7 hours ago, Coyote said:

Came close on a Demons/Time (9 and 8)... and it's down to Temporal Selection against  CJ... so I may end up taking Temporal after all.

Same, skipped Time Stop... Although, I may go back and drop Oppressive Gloom for Time Stop...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

My Time/Rad Defender only skipped Electron Haze.

My Ice/Thermal Corruptor only skipped Ice Bolt.

Those are the closest I've come on any character I've actually made and played.  I do have a couple hypothetical maybe-some-day alt ideas that have them all, but they're still shelved.  There are also probably more builds that I would take all the powers from both, if it weren't such a slotting nightmare, though.

Edited by Lazarillo

My RadArmor/WarMace tanker has all primary and secondary powers. 

My IceArmor/StoneMelee tanker does too. With 4 Earth Mastery Ancillary. Love the double slow patches, no runners get away.

I have to check, but I think my Beam Rifle/ Ninjitsu Sentinel has them as well. 

My Illusion/TA controller I know does not have flash arrow. I waffle about switching it out with poison gas, but never do. 

My Rad/Mental blaster skipped a lot from both sets. (didn't like the cones)

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

12 hours ago, 0th Power said:

This thread is making me want to respec a character to take all the powers

Just do an alternate build when you take all the powers. Yes you have to refill slots, but what else are you going to do with all that inf?

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 6/15/2020 at 5:19 PM, DrInfernus said:

Never have, don’t think I ever will. I build for recharge more often than not so find you can only use so many powers before others become completely obsolete and better filled by concept/utility/mules etc. 

I can sort of understand that, but do you find yourself hamstrung on that character if you flashback to a low level mission? (e.g. long pauses or holes in attack chain because you don't have enough lower level attacks?)

Edited by MTeague
clarification

9 hours ago, MTeague said:

I can sort of understand that, but do you find yourself hamstrung on that character if you flashback to a low level mission? (e.g. long pauses or holes in attack chain because you don't have enough lower level attacks?)

In the past, yes. However, since attuned enhancements you tend to keep enough global recharge bonuses to keep yourself going no matter what. 

• Like 1

A trend that I've noticed with all of my toons (I've only played Sentinels and Spiders extensively, Blasters, PB, Doms a little, and now just getting into Brutes) is that my brain can only handle a total of 12 attacks max excluding incarnates. so most attack/armour ATs, I tend to pick every single one except for the one with the end crash, and supplement it with power/epic pools to plug holes in the toon's build.

Additionally, I tend to go thematic, so if a power fits the thematic, then it's taken. If not, it is skipped. power animation plays a role in this as well. And thematically, I've skipped epic pools (because a "normal" guy with a gun can't suddenly throw electric charges from his hands). Even when powers are popularly skippable (like T1 and T2 of dual pistols) I find a way to make them relevant and not just mules.

On the other hand, as the case with blasters and doms (including fortunatas), most of the powers are attacks/controlls so it becomes tricky to prioritise which to pick since I can't pick them all even if I wanted to... well I can, but it would be too taxing on my brain to handle them effectively and efficiently (I'm looking at you PB/WS triform).

2 hours ago, Skygod said:

I've made a lot of Invulnerability characters and always take all nine powers. I usually take most of the Secondary powers too, but often swap out one attack for Air Superiority.

Big fan of Air Superiority.  It was a staple on my punchers back in the day.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skygod said:

I've made a lot of Invulnerability characters and always take all nine powers. I usually take most of the Secondary powers too, but often swap out one attack for Air Superiority.

Never made an Invuln character that took Unstoppable here.  Respecced out of it on Victory for the few that had it back then. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I've never taken the entire Primary and Secondary for any combination, and it's rare I take the full Primary OR Secondary alone as I find there are skippable powers in every powerset. Even the mighty Bio Armor has at least one skippable, in my opinion, and I don't have that power on my Water/Bio Sentinel.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

I am pretty sure I had a couple in Live but dont remember for sure.

In Homecoming as yet I have no character where I have taken it all and one character. 

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm finding that everything in Rad Armor is useful. Granted, I don't really *need* the +damage from the T9...

Same goes for Bio Armor. Don't really *need* the T9.

Rad and Bio armors have two of the most useful t9s in the game.  You don't have to die to use them, and they don't get you killed when they stop.  That's enough to put them  head and shoulders above other t9 powers in several armor sets I could name. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

4 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Rad and Bio armors have two of the most useful t9s in the game.  You don't have to die to use them, and they don't get you killed when they stop.  That's enough to put them  head and shoulders above other t9 powers in several armor sets I could name. 

Absolutely true. I haven't even considered taking Elude or Unstoppable since ... well, hell, not since IOs were added to the game.

• 2 months later

One other character to add, who lives on another server than my mains do: this one's a Radiation Armor/Street Justice tanker. 

I suppose it ought to be a more frequent occurrence to have primary and secondary powers to all be more attractive than pool powers. 

On 6/11/2020 at 5:46 PM, Chance Jackson said:

No, at most I'll have 7 or 8 powers of either primary or secondary chasing the soft cap usually demands 5 - 6 picks

And there are usually powers that are ripe for letting go to help facilitate that. Confronts (not Taunts) are always skips. T9 armors are usually skips. After that there are either some duds (PB - Pulsar or Regen - Revive) or a level-1 primary power (Dark Melee - Shadow Punch on a Scrapper or Brute) not likely to be needed in that character's end-game build.

• Like 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

On 6/18/2020 at 11:02 PM, ILIWAPCT said:

That's what my Peacebringer and Warshade are turning out to become. 

I'm starting to understand the hate.

But I also see that I won't be able to judge the sets until I have most of the powers.

You are likely going to take most of the powers, but not all (You cannot: Luminous/Umbral Blast/Aura are not just 9 powers apiece. Blasts are 14, Auras are 12. You only get 24 total power* choices in your career, period.). From an effectiveness standpoint, there is nothing to stack with the stun of Peacebringer's Pulsar, so it is* very lackluster, and Glowing Touch you might only keep around long enough to get the healing badges. If you plan on pegging out a Kheldian and dancing between forms, the base-form Toggle Shields are mules, at best, since you will be leaning on Light Form/Eclipse.

Edited by archgemini24
Failure to proofread before I post.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

Had to double check, but my elec/elec sentinel has the full primary and secondary.

WIth a few hundred characters on live, I'm sure I had several there. 🙂

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.