Roleplay Pet Peeves

blue4333

On 3/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, Xeres said:

Roleplay for me doesn't come easily, so doing it all the time is just much.  No, I don't -have- to do it all the time, but telling people "no I don't want to RP right now" just feels weird.  So I want to RP sometimes, but not all the time but people want to RP all the time, and that becomes much.  So I just stopped doing it again.

There are many people who feel the same way and utilize the "Roleplaying" flag in their names. I've read it in people's bios saying "In Character When Flagged As Roleplaying". So if you are not up for rp, just take the flag off!

• Like 1

Actually I never had the flag on.  I'm unsure even how to do so.  I just started RPing with some people (blue name and all) and it was fun but it became much for me.  Not their fault in any way - I'm not saying that.  And they're really nice people, but trying to do that every time I saw them was much.

42 minutes ago, Xeres said:

Actually I never had the flag on.  I'm unsure even how to do so.  I just started RPing with some people (blue name and all) and it was fun but it became much for me.  Not their fault in any way - I'm not saying that.  And they're really nice people, but trying to do that every time I saw them was much.

/macro RP roleplaying 

That will make a button in your tray that will turn the flag off or on. 

or just /roleplaying

Hope that's helpful!

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later

Maybe it's just me, but I have no problem with roleplaying in club settings and taking the roleplay out of the club setting to the game world. I've had people walk up in attempts to hire my characters on for mission runs (Which is great to me, I love it.) but there are times that it can be annoying, like when I'm in the middle of introducing myself to someone new, or getting some vital details about another event happening with a friend. When I hit the bar with my characters, they are generally in cool-down time, just got off their shift, and out to have a drink and a few laughs to unwind from a tense day. I get the need to expand past that, but not a lot of people do and it's rather disappointing really. The pub/bar/club scene is not intended to be just a hot spot for roleplaying, but a meet up point too, a place of familiarity that can be used to stepping stone into other areas of the game world. I guess it's the DM in me that thinks this way, but that's just my two cents. 

Also, it would be nice to have a Not Roleplaying flag for users too, but I kind of like keeping the roleplaying flag up cause I'm available for roleplay with anyone and everyone really and I tend to use a OOC bracket if I'm speaking out of character in channels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif