Miss and Arcanum's Monster Mash Monday!

Arcanum

• City Council

Miss & Arcanum's Monster Mash Monday!

Calling all heroes (and also the Villains)! We're in need of your assistance. We're testing out a new queue system and thought a Monster Mash would be a great way to test it! 

On Monday, June 15th at 4PM EST (8PM UTC) on the Brainstorm Shard (You can use this link to see the event in your time zone), join myself, @GM Miss and the rest of the GM crew as we spawn all manners of creatures and critters.

When logging into the test shard, you will most likely be entered into a queue to join the server, this is to be expected. Once you're logged into the game, head on over to "The Abyss" and join us for some chaos and fun! 

While we know we have a fantastic community that help us test these things out of the goodness of their heart - we're also willing to throw some prizes up for grabs!

🏆Raffle Prizes 🏆

- Joining us on the shard will enter you into a raffle for 300 Merits!

- We'll have 3 Winners to be announced at a later date.

How to get to The Abyss:

Blue Side - Peregrine Island , take the Smuggler's Sub at the dock of the tiny island SE of Main Island below Vanguard DPO on the map.

Red Side -  Grandville take the sub on Southern Shore of the Island.  

Praetorians past Level 20 can use either method depending on their alignment.  If you're still on Praetorian Earth and can't touch Hero or Villain exits on Pocket D, you'll need to finish the main praetorian arc and decide to become a Hero or Villain first.

FAQ of accessing the Beta Shards:

Contact me on discord for questions. Miss#1337 or GM Arcanum#7164!

Edited by GM Arcanum
  • Like 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Game Master

Well, that's easy.

Blue Side - go to Peregrine Island - Tiny island SE of Main Island below Vanguard DPO on the map - Smuggler's Sub at dock.  Essence of the Earth (EOE) Insps. can be had at Monster Island area of PI north of the main island. (May be handy to have on hand in case Hami is on the menu.)

Red Side - head off to Grandville - Sub on Southern Shore of the Island.  Same Smuggler's Sub transports to "Monster Island" villain map to attack Devouring Earth and get EOEs.  (Monster Island is an exact copy of the northern part of Peregrine Island minus the main island itself.)

The Smuggler's Submarine is placed in a number of locations. 

• Independence Port: NW docks.
  • Sharkhead Isle: SW Shore next to Magic Store.
  • Kallisti Wharf: NE Docks next to the Stadium.

You can find it on a map marked with a dark red "S".  While most of the locations require Rogue or Vigilante alignment, "The Abyss" is a co-op zone anyone can visit.

Praetorians past Level 20 can use either method depending on their alignment.  If you're still on Praetorian Earth and can't touch Hero or Villain exits on Pocket D, you'll need to finish the main praetorian arc and decide to become a Hero or Villain first.

Edited by GM Tahquitz
  • Thanks 3

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

Can we know what we're trying to test here? Is it a simple stress test of the que system? Is it to test the drops we currently get from queing Itrials? (It's normal to see up to 4 people drop from an iTrial league)

Edited by zenblack

• City Council
8 hours ago, zenblack said:

Can we know what we're trying to test here? Is it a simple stress test of the que system? Is it to test the drops we currently get from queing Itrials? (It's normal to see up to 4 people drop from an iTrial league)

Great question! Its a simple stress test of the server queue. I've linked an explanation of the more - err - technical aspects (courtesy of Telephone) from the June Donations & Finances post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Retired Lead Game Master
7 minutes ago, DarkWing said:

How do you enter the test server? I have the manifest and everything but the test shards don't show up.

Try this!

• Like 1

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

12 minutes ago, SunSetSam said:

Same, said I was not high enough level. Was there a timer that started the level restriction after event closed or was it always there?

The Abyss was always level 45+, like The Hive, as it is a raid zone.

11 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Aren't all level gates removed yet?

Nope.  The Hive, The Abyss, and I want to say Monster Island are and have been level 45+.

2 minutes ago, SunSetSam said:

Why would you limit levels on a homecoming special event?

Probably because it was the beta server, where you can instantly make yourself level 50.

• Retired Lead Game Master

We had people teleporting regardless of level yesterday - we also encourage people to move over a character from live for these events. The post for the event is being posted soon, we had a real blast! 

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

• GM Miss unfeatured this topic
  • City Council
7 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

What means should a player use to get themself teleported?

The repeating admin message stated to speak with Monorail Jimmy in Atlas Park if you needed to be teleported! ^_^