Your start up working capital needs

Yomo Kimyata

I give each alt their entire IO build compliment ready to be slotted through play, plus 14 million for the various teleport/recall powers before I put a single point of experience on them. That being the case, my starting influence ratio may be a little higher than average.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

3 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

I give each alt their entire IO build compliment ready to be slotted through play, plus 14 million for the various teleport/recall powers before I put a single point of experience on them. That being the case, my starting influence ratio may be a little higher than average.

You’ve mentioned your pre build strategy, and boy that seems like way more work than I’m willing to do.  Do you email or are they all in the same SG so pick them out of bins?  Also, do you PL to 50 or is it an evolving build?  Just curious!

Who run Bartertown?

1 minute ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You’ve mentioned your pre build strategy, and boy that seems like way more work than I’m willing to do.  Do you email or are they all in the same SG so pick them out of bins?  Also, do you PL to 50 or is it an evolving build?  Just curious!

My core SG is made up of a handful of real life friends, so storage is easy to use for transfer. I have mailed entire builds in the past to the couple of alts in other SGs (such as TankHQ for Tanker Tuesdays and our Champion server friends SG). I don’t powerlevel in AE or anything like that, however, I live in a state of perpetual Double XP until 50, plus burning Experienced boost when I get them. Everything goes 1-50 in teams running game content.

Right now, I am buying Superpacks every time a character hits 10 million through play, keeping/converting the ATOs to see which AT that is waiting gets built next. I have 36 actives from 27-50, so there’s no rush.

• Like 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Any character I'm seriously playing has an end-game build planned out well in advance of them hitting 50. I'm pretty good at valuing builds so usually I just send whatever amount of inf I think is appropriate to buy everything and most of the time I get it right within 10% of the actual cost. This kind of strategy allows me to set bids on pretty much the entire build at level 1 so I can low-ball most of the stuff I need. There are some items, though, that I'm willing to spend a bunch on to get them right now such as the various +Recovery / +End IOs, Kismet +ToHit and the +Def/+Res uniques as well as the final missing pieces of a build if I haven't caught them by the time I hit 50.

That said, the capital requirements for this would be pretty much unbearable at my current rate of marketeering if my playstyle wasn't pretty much 1-2 actually active leveling up projects at once. 

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later

Every toon gets 10 million starting inf. Then they gotta start earning on their own.

The 10 mm is basically to fund basic TO's, DO's, and SO's for the first thirty levels, and give them starting capital to begin market play. I don't plan out my builds in advance, because I don't ever know if a character is going to grab me. I have dozens of alts sitting in the single digits because they just don't interest me enough to play on the regular. If they make it to 25, then I start considering a final build for them (and by 'I start considering,' I mean I 'ask people who are smarter than me what they would do') and begin work building funds toward it.

I don't build cheap. Any of my toons that makes it to 50, deserves to be treated like a queen and lavished with only the finest.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later