A message from Raid Leaders

Ruin Mage

Very reasonable.

Edited by Grawrd
  • Like 1

Everlasting's Meme Master and Elite Shitposter. Also sever 1st "The Really Hard Way", server 2nd on Master of all iTrials. Because bragging rights.

• 3 weeks later

HM on the one hand, yep private chat channel, so its creator should be free to set the rules as they prefer within reason ofcourse. On the other hand the fact its creator has chosen to name it something that makes it sound almost official might lead some to think its moderator has been given some kind of special status by the HC team.

IMO a personal channel should be named after its creator or creators main SG if they want it to be seen as more than a single persons chat channel.

Finally when it comes to joining raids, well the MoM raid days Ive joined, have had tons of fun great banter in zone/league/team chats including games like the one were someone says a word and others come up with words that word reminds them of, and yes that included plenty of words that likely got filtered for those who keep their chat filter on. Or text singing, which can include songs with explicit content, and all this in open zone and league chat, and not one person seemed to have any issue with such.

So personally I wouldnt bother joining this private channel, and despite the grandiose name given is just another private chat channel, it seems like it barely needs to exist as I suspect the claims that the coc are being violated are not nearly as spot on as some might think. Things like words that the chat filter blocks, always ok to use because if you have the chat filter off thats on you and not something to report. Saying things like lets go commit genocide on these space invaders, yep thats ok to, After all as a defender of Earth who is anti alien parasitic scum, that is exactly what my character Skylord  shall do, wipe every alien off the planet or drive them from it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

IMO a personal channel should be named after its creator or creators main SG if they want it to be seen as more than a single persons chat channel.

Or maybe they should name it whatever they damn well please.  Especially if the name is perfectly descriptive of the channel's purpose.

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

6 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

After all as a defender of Earth who is anti alien parasitic scum, that is exactly what my character Skylord  shall do, wipe every alien off the planet or drive them from it.

The real alien is probably the dude that kramers into this thread thinking saying all that is normal

• Haha 3

• Game Master
14 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Things like words that the chat filter blocks, always ok to use because if you have the chat filter off thats on you and not something to report.

As an advisory, telling other players to turn the chat filter on does not absolve you when writing messages that violate the Code of Conduct.  The conduct guidelines do not change because swear words have punctuation covering them.

That's all I got.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.