DP/MA incarnates build

ChiefX13

First thing you should know.  You're not locked into an Incarnate option.  You can only use one Incarnate option at a time per each category, but you can have several different options sitting on the bench.  This means you can swap some effects out of combat.  There is a cool down to this so you can't reconfigure everything on the fly, but with some planning this can open doors.  

Judgment - I tend to feel this is a take what you want category.  There are a number of good options for different reasons.  Ion though is just really easy to use since it has a large range and bounces.  Aiming it just isn't a big deal. 

Interface - I like Reactive or Degenerative.  I'll work on both, eventually, but where I start depends on what content I play.  Reactive is fairly generic damage boost and Degenerative (focusing on the debuff) can be better for tougher targets like AVs.  

Destiny - Clarion Core is probably the one you want to get first.  

Hybrid - The melee options can be good if you blap a lot, and the assault options are good for damage.  Which one in each branch would kind of depend on what your build is like.  I wouldn't stress too much about it as you can fix this with time.  

Lore - Similar to Judgment.  There are certain pets, like Longbow or Banished Pantheon, that bring an effect you may want from their intangible pet path.  You could also just go in for theme.  I've picked non-meta choices before and haven't ever regretted it.  Lore pets do significant damage.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:21 PM, ChiefX13 said:

What's next? I have Alpha slotted my DP/Ma with Musculature Core Paragon (made sense to me), but not sure what path(s) I should take next? Thanks in advance...

Oldskool already answered, but thought I would throw in some comments.

Judgment - For DP I usually take Void since it is a PBAoE and synergizes well with HoB.  I jump into a crowd and HoB and then Void and it's a wrap.

Interface - I usually take Degenerative.

Destiny - I would go Barrier for DP/MC, since MC it has a good recovery power.  I usually aim for soft-cap S/L and Range, so I do not get mezzed often.  When I do I always have at least 4 Escape inspirations on me and I also usually take Pistols and Dual Pistols for DP, so I can still attack while Mezzed.  I use Barrier to push my defenses to incarnate levels when needed.  You also have the option for Inner Will with MC, so may not need Clarion.  If you are going all out on +4/8 then maybe Clarion is the better pick, but I don't usually try that on Blasters.

Hybrid - I usually go Assault.

Lore - I usually go with whatever fits my character concept.  Banished are supposed to be top tier, but they are to big for me, so I usually go Tsoo or something else. 

• Thanks 1