I love this game but nobody teams anymore..

It's an interesting question. There's a lot of teaming that goes on - but there is also a lot of soloing. 

And the OP - is absolutely correct - this game was designed from the start to be team-focused content. 

Fortunately, the HC team of Devs realized that it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, and it's now City of Options. 

I think how you're looking for team may be the issue. 

Simply find the mission you want to do, broadcast in LFG, something like , "Level XX Hollows Mission team forming, PST for invite. Level 5 minimum to get in the hollows." 
Wait one minute, and re-state the same thing, but add "Last call for" to the beginning. 

If you get no requests, simply proceed solo, and invite if the tells come later. No sense wasting time. 

I suggest you recruit using Excelsior first, then Excelsior Badges, then the LFG, in that order. 

It's just my own curmudgeon perspective - but if you're no good solo, you're no good on a team. So, play solo while you're looking for a team. But, you do you. I'm kind of fussy that way. 

2 hours ago, qas_illustration said:

Okay you guys have made me feel much better. I'm on excelsior at the moment so I'll stay positive and keep going for a while. I might roll out an empath on everlasting too and see what's up over there :). 

I have such fond memories of running frosty in the hollows with a packed team. Glad to see those days aren't over! 

I have found that it can be hard to find teams in the level 1-20 range that aren't DFB sprinkled with an occasional Posi or Synapse.  It tends to get a bit better again once you hit Talos.  

Edit:  On the other hand, it is usually easy to fill a Frostfire team if you are up to starting one up yourself.

Edited by Riverdusk

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

What server are you on and when do you play?

I recommend finding a good super group to join. Our SG organizes leveling up teams. So everyone starts a character at level 1, then plays together throughout the week, leveling up with each other. I'm sure others may do the same.

I'm on excelsior! I'd love to find a SG like this. 

27 minutes ago, qas_illustration said:

I'm on excelsior! I'd love to find a SG like this. 

You're welcome to join us. PM me if you're online, I'll send an invite

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

There are a lot of teams out there just waiting for someone to lead them.

• Like 3

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

16 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

There are a lot of teams out there just waiting for someone to lead them.

Quoted for truth.  I used to be one of those shy people reluctant to form a team, just waiting for someone else to do it.  Now I am that someone else, & I almost always can get a group up to do the thing I want.  The tools are there to form a group.  Just use them, & they will come!

Edited by Mister Mass
Typo
  • Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Every once in long while I give teaming a shot. Still not my thing. Nothing in the game interests me enough to be a part of cat herding or ego runs.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Honestly, teams on excelsior are very easy, even at 3am. The real reason people find it hard is...

No one wants to form the team. Form a team and you'll find it's easy to find a team. Even at odd, off hours I LFG broadcast at various level ranges and get, at a minimum, 3-5 people within 30 seconds wanting in.

So, lead the team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

I've noticed a dip in Everlasting in the last few months actually. Not in numbers, just people using the LFG channel. Could be wrong, though.

Can confirm that the chat itself has slid down in fervor, but what I've noticed is it's less a lack of teams and more a lack of people vocally leading teams. I've also noticed an increase in new players that have been very bashful about leading larger teams, or just not really understanding the freedom of recruiting more to their cause. Joined up on two different teams the other day around the afternoon-ish time frame, plenty of people out and about, but the people leading either of those two teams were really super bashful/hesitant about recruiting and only taking up the occasional "LFT" that popped in LFG. Personally didn't care either way, it's their shindig.

If I suck it up and actually set up a team or a TF, they fill within 5-10 minutes max and that's irregardless of what time of day. The chat will be dead silent for 15 minutes, toss out a quick "LFM for X TF" and the tells will flood.

I solo a lot on Everlasting, but I do have the LFG channel up... and it's pretty busy. Not sure about 3am East Coast, but when I'm on there is plenty of activity. And if I care to start a team, for sure it will have enough players to start missions within 5 minutes.

AFAIK all of the servers have global channels named after the server, and in addition Servername TF for task force recruiting, and Servername Badges for badge missions,, hunts, and related boasts.  You should join these channels for your server; a lot of recruiting happens through them. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

9 hours ago, Mister Mass said:

Quoted for truth.  I used to be one of those shy people reluctant to form a team, just waiting for someone else to do it.  Now I am that someone else, & I almost always can get a group up to do the thing I want.  The tools are there to form a group.  Just us them, & they will come!

So much this

There's nights where I wait several hours with no teams in sight.. I finally decide to lead my own when a buddy jumps on and we'll have a full team in minutes. Sometimes with excess people waiting for a spot!

Lots of people want to team, few want to lead.

29 minutes ago, Primantis said:

So much this

There's nights where I wait several hours with no teams in sight.. I finally decide to lead my own when a buddy jumps on and we'll have a full team in minutes. Sometimes with excess people waiting for a spot!

Lots of people want to team, few want to lead.

Im starting to think this might be the issue. I see so many people around my level playing solo, maybe I'll try forming teams myself from now..

14 hours ago, Patti said:

Well frostfire runs aren't maybe going to happen actually.   People like to skip the hollows to preserve their sanity the days.

I see them with some frequency. Not DFB-frequency, but it's definitely not rare. (And I tend to run the hollows on a good number of characters. When I'm tired of it, I run the KR arcs. Nothing really sanity-breaking about the Hollows.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Double XP has mostly  killed the low level arcs. If you want Wincott, Flux, Julius, Talshak, you simply have to be on normal XP gain, and hardly anyone is when they run lowbies. I just ran all these arcs yesterday, but solo, of course. I also ran the KR banks because I had to level up to run the last 2. 

Teams abound. Just not content teams. You have to advertise and recruit those yourself, usually. On Excelsior, you can easily get an FF team together, though many will be exemplared down for it. People like Frostfire. There are still radio teams in certain zones. What I see more of, however, is skipping the bank missions. I have one toon who’s ran them all, and I had to solo all of them them to get them.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

It's definitely not like it was when the game first came out - and is much more similar to how things were near shut down for me -- log on, look for a team, nothing, log off... 

except now instead of log off I just end up self-leveling an alt in AE … and why not - it's much more efficient (Both for influence and experience) for me to do it that way... 

But about a year ago I do remember not finding teams for things, shouting to make one, and then having 7-8 extra tells where its like... yo, someone else just make a team there's enough. And nobody ever really did... 

What REALLY makes me sad is all the "LF AE FARM" people. Just kills me a bit. I don't consider it the same as just farming yourself -- literally want to AFK leech rather than play, lol

'Thing is... many of us who play here have (Or have had in the past-) *A LOT* of different characters. 

Maybe a ridiculous number of them in some cases. (Altitis? >_> Who? <_< Me?! Never! *coughs* You can't prove anything.)

We've run those same lowbie arcs so many times that no matter how much fun they were the first hundred-odd times through, they've become as dull as dirt over the course of all that punch-rinse-and-repeat. Speaking only for myself? If it weren't for the ice ramps (Which will never not be fun-), I'd probably tell Frosty he could HAVE the Hollows and be done with it at this point. I have absolutely no desire to slog through the majority of the content that exists in the early levels of this game ever again. 

If other people still love it? Excellent! They're welcome to it, and I'm not going to tell them it's BadWrongFun. 

But I'm also not going to join them in running it anymore. It's just not what I want to spend my limited play time doing.

Looking at the number of us who short-cut to mid-levels with DFB/DIB or AE farming, I'm probably not the only one who's at that point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice