Rewards Beyond Vet 99+ (Relates to Inf Nerf - but not)

On 6/19/2020 at 7:56 PM, Troo said:

I do have boundaries.

No name calling.. okay that's my only boundary.. and it's more a loose guideline.

I don't really have a leg to stand on if I attack someone's intellect. This is known.

I do have boundaries.

No name calling.. okay that's my only boundary.. and it's more a loose guideline.

I don't really have a leg to stand on if I attack someone's intellect. This is known.

AD852761-313A-4B03-A84A-AD33498345F1.gif

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I do have boundaries.

I didn't know you had that boun.....loose guideline. 😝

I get that a lot of people are goal-oriented, but ... I can't support this.  There's already so many rewards in the game, more influence than people know what to do with, and characters are already ridiculously powerful.  Plus it's a never ending treadmill. Get rewards up to lvl 2000, and someone will hit it.  Probably already HAS hit it.

At some point, you choose to play the character because you LIKE the character.... or it's time to move on. 

• Like 4

Yeah, but it'd be nice to have something for levelling past when you stop getting things for it. Even if it's something not directly rewarding, like the level up inspirations lasting longer or it firing team inspirations instead of just normal ones. Personally I think something like that could work, maybe not that specifically but something that isn't getting actual stuff, just a bigger bonus on levelup than you get while you're still also getting stuff for it.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

3 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

or we could just undo the inf nerf or better yet give everyone double inf at level 50 for those people that really thought it was unfair getting double inf while exemplared.

Lets just multiply Inf by Vet Level. 

Get some serious Inf Inflation rocking!

Seems to me that given there's no incentive to turn xp off at vet level 99, you're arguing there should be? As in, you don't see a reason to earn xp and tout high vet levels that give no badges, or emps or threads? 

I get it, see your perspective, but what did you have in mind? You already have your character t-4'd, I'm sure. You probably even  have multiple Lores & Destinies t-4'd. 

So...you don't need inf because you already have your character slotted...

You don't need IO recipes because you already have your character slotted. 
You don't need reward merits. 
You no longer need emps or astrals. 
Then again, you don't need XP either. 
The way I see it - there's no need for any rewards because they'd just take up space. Your character is 50+; it'd be useless. Play it for fun, or make a new character. 

I see a high vet level as an expression of ‘I love this character’.

And you do get rewarded - you have by vet lvl 100 probably built the -perfect- version of that character (for you). Its as good an Axe/Ice Scrapper, for you, as there can ever be.

Now you get to play it.  Every mission (build for exemplaring - youve got 3!)  Every Task Force (build for incarnate TFs, tune it for The Very Hard Way!).  Every Badge and Concept! (Maybe Ill layer all the plus fear on my Dark Tank, or see if sets plus incarnates can make END drain a reality!  Or Ill just get all the travel powers and explore every nook of the world)

The reward for getting there is getting to be there.  Enjoy it.  Maybe tweak it - a respec every few months as you learn more about what works for you in what you like to do can keep it fresh.  

I, personally, would rather have a single, beloved, multi-year Vet Level Silly -character- that I know like the back of my hand than ten pages of ‘50, Sets, Incarnates, and a concept I banged out in mids/found on the forums’. (YMMV here - theres a lot to be said for knowing how to play every AT well - and I know that I dont)

Vet levels are love letters to your creation, and the world it lives in.  It says that you love what you wrought together, and love being in the world you made it happen in.

What else is there?

Edited by marcussmythe

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

On 6/24/2020 at 9:41 PM, Noyjitat said:

or we could just undo the inf nerf or better yet give everyone double inf at level 50 for those people that really thought it was unfair getting double inf while exemplared.

No vote.

Rampant inflation is good for no one.

9 minutes ago, Noyjitat said:

no such thing as inflation when reward merits have put a 100 mil hard cap on everything.

If Prices for ATOs & Purples hit 100million I suspect a lot of people would be very very sad...that's still a 3-12x increase in current prices.