Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

15 hours ago, Xandyr said:

@Infinitum stated:

1.* Bio Armor - the asterisk is because it takes a measure of skill to play, and build Bio Armor - and  the looming nerf also.

Just curious.....did I miss something? I haven't heard anything about a possible nerf to Bio. Anyone hear/know something I don't?

- X

Just murmurings here and there about that and Bio having too much benefit without enough cost.

I am not 100% sure but I would wager it is coming at some point.

22 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Just murmurings here and there about that and Bio having too much benefit without enough cost.

I am not 100% sure but I would wager it is coming at some point.

Not sure how to reconcile, "...it takes a measure of skill to play" (especially from a Tanker standpoint) with it needing nerfs, and that before considering all the, "Its so clicky" comments one encounters.

27 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Not sure how to reconcile, "...it takes a measure of skill to play" (especially from a Tanker standpoint) with it needing nerfs, and that before considering all the, "Its so clicky" comments one encounters.

Reconcile what?  The skill/clicky/whateveryouwannacallit nature of Bio has nothing to do with the needing nerfs.  The needing nerfs thing is also just a rumor at this point.  Infinitum was just listing a couple things to be aware of about his current #1 rating of the set.  Not that they were all related to one another.

Whether or not Bio does take much skill to play is kind of irrelevant in a nerf.  If they are going to nerf it, one would hope it's the general player data they are looking at rather than a few outliers.  In other words, whatever skill it takes to extract that level of performance is already accounted for in the "how is everyone doing with Bio" data.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Reconcile what?  The skill/clicky/whateveryouwannacallit nature of Bio has nothing to do with the needing nerfs.  The needing nerfs thing is also just a rumor at this point.  Infinitum was just listing a couple things to be aware of about his current #1 rating of the set.  Not that they were all related to one another.

Whether or not Bio does take much skill to play is kind of irrelevant in a nerf.  If they are going to nerf it, one would hope it's the general player data they are looking at rather than a few outliers.  In other words, whatever skill it takes to extract that level of performance is already accounted for in the "how is everyone doing with Bio" data.

If it takes and inordinate amount of time (clicks) to use, that is a cost (detriment), which is a balancing factor compared to other sets without need for so much clicking. Saying something takes skill is basically saying there are unidentified factors which other sets do not deal with which are points of potential problem/failure. I seem to recall a couple of powersets touted for not requiring attention. I can assure you that is not how Bio works.

While I most assuredly believe nerfs are called on at times I also see them get invoked due to failure to look at a sufficiently large context. But if we're talking nerfs to how it performs on Tankers only, that might be another matter.

9 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

If it takes and inordinate amount of time (clicks) to use, that is a cost (detriment), which is a balancing factor compared to other sets without need for so much clicking.

If it's taking time away from damage output then that shows up in slower XP gain rate.  If it's too difficult for the average player to use then the set as a whole won't overperform in the data as few people will be using it to its fullest potential.

14 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

While I most assuredly believe nerfs are called on at times I also see them get invoked due to failure to look at a sufficiently large context.

Well, nobody is "invoking" this nerf as far as I've seen. It's just a rumor.  And "sufficiently large context" shouldn't be a problem for the devs who have access to all the data.  If people playing Bio are overperforming everything else then they are doing so despite whatever hurdles you think Bio puts in place.

Then again to read some of the whining in the beta threads and in General sometimes you'd think people believe the HC Devs are fickle power-mad overlords who swing the nerf bat just because they once saw someone do something too cool in game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZemX said:

If it's taking time away from damage output then that shows up in slower XP gain rate.  If it's too difficult for the average player to use then the set as a whole won't overperform in the data as few people will be using it to its fullest potential.

Given how varied people are in how they play, the impact of paired damage powersets, and the dangers of generalizing from small samples (which factoring in all the variety is going to leave onevwith), I am not sure that is a good choice for a metric.

Well, nobody is "invoking" this nerf as far as I've seen. It's just a rumor.  And "sufficiently large context" shouldn't be a problem for the devs who have access to all the data.  If people playing Bio are overperforming everything else then they are doing so despite whatever hurdles you think Bio puts in place.

Saying, "...until it gets nerfed" most assuredly is invoking one. Moreover, I am not claiming hurdles, I am mentioning factors which come into play. That is clarification as your wording suggests a different understanding of what I was trying to impart than what I intended. I am not particularly worried about a Bio nerf and despite whatever sentiment there may be for one there are points which would argue against it too. I would much more expect attention to be directed to proc abuse, but that is me.

Then again to read some of the whining in the beta threads and in General sometimes you'd think people believe the HC Devs are fickle power-mad overlords who swing the nerf bat just because they once saw someone do something too cool in game.

Nothing I have ever suggested or implied at any point.

57 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Given how varied people are in how they play, the impact of paired damage powersets, and the dangers of generalizing from small samples (which factoring in all the variety is going to leave onevwith), I am not sure that is a good choice for a metric.

Looking at all available data is not generalizing.  Generalizing is looking at a small section of that data and saying it is representative of the whole.

Regardless, there doesn't seem to be much point in carrying on a hypothetical nerf debate about something that is only rumor.  Until someone states there's definitely a nerf happening and why they decided there should be one... this is kind of a waste of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Saying, "...until it gets nerfed"

Have to disagree here - it is a conditional statement - nothing more nothing less. 

And for the record - I am not advocating for it to be nerfed - just mentioning I have seen talk about it that leads me to believe it could happen at some point given the history of other thing that I have seen similar talk on - that eventually happened.

I wouldn't want someone to take my advice - fall in love with the set as is - without knowing that potential caveat - that would be a grave disservice from me to everyone that follows me.

In no way am I advocating for a nerf.  I didn't even do that with TW and realistically it did in fact need one.

• Thumbs Up 1

All that said, Invulnerability is still #1 😁

<---(admitted Inv fanboy)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

Looking at all available data is not generalizing.  Generalizing is looking at a small section of that data and saying it is representative of the whole.

It can be because "all the data" does not necessarily cover all the possibilities. And in fact many times you can know the data doesn't do so. As example, all the data on builds from what is posted on the forums would suggest IO sets are heavily used. But the reality of what people play stands to be different. 

The developers can look at everyone that is playing but if AT 《X》 with Powerset 1/Powerset 2 is relatively unplayed and and it just so happens that population of players happens to enjoy leisurely pacing themselves, just looking at xp/hr is not really going to reflect what is truly possible.

Controlled testing is going to tell you more than just just looking at all the data.

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

Regardless, there doesn't seem to be much point in carrying on a hypothetical nerf debate about something that is only rumor.  Until someone states there's definitely a nerf happening and why they decided there should be one... this is kind of a waste of time.

Depends on what one is debating. I was contesting the contradiction I saw in a statement. You seem to have repeatedly read it as a matter about Bio.

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

Depends on what one is debating. I was contesting the contradiction I saw in a statement. You seem to have repeatedly read it as a matter about Bio.

I started out talking about Bio and I am still talking about Bio.  If you want to move the goal posts somewhere else, feel free to have that conversation without me.

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

I started out talking about Bio and I am still talking about Bio.  If you want to move the goal posts somewhere else, feel free to have that conversation without me.

I am not moving goalposts since the sequence of events is you responding to me, not the other way around.

All day I have been tolerating the aggression in your posts and ignoring it because I reasoned that what I was seeing may not have been there. The phrasing of your last post makes clear your nature.

Feel free to last word since when I note I am done with someone, I am and feel no need to make little digs like you just did. 

Edited by Erratic1

3 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

So you're saying it needs to be nerfed? :classic_biggrin:

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣

Seriously, they may swap places (due to coding, nerfing, whatever), but one will always be #1.  Regardless of numbers, each player's experience will determine that.  Bio's great, but I've only done one (and he's the infamously genericized SWMPTHNG), and while quite durable, versatile and a hoot, when the peanut butter hits the fan, I reach for NUTCRCKR...

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 7/23/2022 at 2:32 PM, Infinitum said:

Not N E more. 😀  i just needed the light shown to me is all - then I re-made it my own way.  Had to unlock willpower the same way.

I'm thinking of making a Willpower / Staff character for fun, but would also be open to Bio Armor.  Is there a clear winner between WP and Bio?  Does it mostly come down to Bio having a few extra tools, and WP being more passive?

11 minutes ago, Zylli said:

I'm thinking of making a Willpower / Staff character for fun, but would also be open to Bio Armor.  Is there a clear winner between WP and Bio?  Does it mostly come down to Bio having a few extra tools, and WP being more passive?

A winner so far as what? Offensively, if you can stay in Offensive Stance while maintaining suitable defenses/resistance you will get a Damage buff out of Bio along with the area damage field Bio has. Defensively...well, the original poster has already ranked Bio several steps above Willpower.

While I do not have one myself, I do play from time to time with someone who runs a Bio/Staff Tanker. She's a beast.

1 hour ago, Zylli said:

I have each, and each one is a beast. WP is nice when you don't want to worry about having to click anything other than your attacks. It has a little DDR, which Bio has none. Either one can be built to hit several soft cap Defenses (F/C/E/NE), and while in Form of the Body, at combo level 3, if you use Sky Splitter you will get a nice bonus to your resists (which really helps out Bio while in Offensive).

It'd be a toss up between which would be a "clear winner". If you want to do more damage, then definitely go with Bio. If you're afraid of big alpha strikes, go with Bio. More versatility? Again, go with Bio. But if you just wanna log in, have fun, and just go to town and not have to worry about clicking anything but attacks, then go WP.

Note my Max HP on my WP/Staff. Once you get Freedom Phalanx/Task Force Commander/Atlas  Medallion/Portal Jockey, you'll be right at the Max HP Cap. And with that much Max HP, your regen rate increases....hard to die with soft capped F/C/E/NE defenses, capped S/L resists, all while regenerating a base of 100+ HP/Sec. Fully saturated RttC has gotten me over 200 HP/Sec.

WP/Staff

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Willpower
Secondary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(9), Prv-Absorb%(11), Prv-Heal(11), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(13)
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- PndSlg-Acc/Dmg(A), PndSlg-Dmg/EndRdx(13), PndSlg-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15)
Level 4: Fast Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(5), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Heal(7), RgnTss-Regen+(9)
Level 6: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Rise to the Challenge -- NmnCnv-Heal(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(15), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 10: Guarded Spin -- SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(40), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 12: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Eye of the Storm -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(37), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 18: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(21), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Staff Mastery 
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), ImpSki-Status(34)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27), ShlWal-Def(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(29), GssSynFr--Build%(31), GssSynFr--ToHit(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Innocuous Strikes -- Arm-Dam%(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Sky Splitter -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(43), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 41: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Serpent's Reach -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg(48), Apc-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(36), Pnc-Heal/+End(48), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(3)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 49: Double Jump 
Level 20: Form of the Body 
Level 20: Form of the Mind 
Level 20: Form of the Soul 
------------

Bio/Staff

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Tanker
Primary Power Set: Bio Armor
Secondary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19)
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), RgnTss-Regen+(3), PwrTrns-+Heal(19)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(5), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(7)
Level 6: Adaptation 
Level 8: Guarded Spin -- SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(17)
Level 10: Ablative Carapace -- Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Mrc-Heal/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(13), GldArm-End/Res(13)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Eye of the Storm -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(23), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(25), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- Obl-Acc/Rchg(A), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Obl-%Dam(29), Obl-Dmg(48)
Level 20: Staff Mastery 
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(31)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Erd-%Dam(33), Erd-Acc/Rchg(33), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(40), GssSynFr--ToHit(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--Build%(43)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(45), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Innocuous Strikes -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(36), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Sky Splitter -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(40)
Level 41: Serpent's Reach -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 49: Double Jump 
Level 6: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 6: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 6: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 20: Form of the Body 
Level 20: Form of the Mind 
Level 20: Form of the Soul 
------------

Edited by Xandyr
added not about Accolades

14 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

I have each, and each one is a beast. WP is nice when you don't want to worry about having to click anything other than your attacks. It has a little DDR, which Bio has none. Either one can be built to hit several soft cap Defenses (F/C/E/NE), and while in Form of the Body, at combo level 3, if you use Sky Splitter you will get a nice bonus to your resists (which really helps out Bio while in Offensive).

Thanks for the builds.  Comparing the two really shows the differences I was looking for.  Bio Armor's offensive adaptation along with debuffing resistance seems to be very important.

8 hours ago, Zylli said:

Thanks for the builds.  Comparing the two really shows the differences I was looking for.  Bio Armor's offensive adaptation along with debuffing resistance seems to be very important.

Yeah Bio relays a lot on debuffs just as much as defense/resistances. It seriously can render goes helpless.

Between the two both are good - if you want a set that requires little interaction go with willpower.  Otherwise - do both. Haha

On 8/19/2022 at 9:24 AM, ZemX said:

Isn't this exactly what happened to Regen on Live?

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

Isn't this exactly what happened to Regen on Live?

Oh no... not touching that.  (a) Wasn't really involved the first time, but also (b) I am sure the "answer" to that question is a whole flame war all by itself (and HAS been a whole flame war in the past).  Not at all interested in re-litigating now.

Point though is that nobody should have to.  If one has a solid argument for or against a nerf, on the specifics, then they don't need to be attacking anyone's motives.  Generally, doing so is a dead giveaway that one doesn't have a better argument and is appealing to emotions instead.  And nobody HAS a solid argument on the specifics of this alleged Bio nerf because... there aren't any.  Not any that we've been shown, at least.   Nobody has come forward to say it's happening and why.   So there's nothing worth the time debating... yet.  And even then it would be best to carry that on in another thread.

• Thanks 1