Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

6 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Ah, yes of course. But for the proc to trigger I would have to use Kick in my rotation regularly, right?

2 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

With only an FF proc slotted in kick i would not bother using it at all. It may or may not proc, it may or may not hit with no accuracy added and it will do no damage and lower your dps. The buff only lasts 5 seconds anyway and that is if it even procs. It is good in a slotted power that is used in a rotation though.

Delete it from the build and you will get a better picture of that builds recharge.

Well, you're not slotting Punch with anything worthwhile.

Leaving stuff unslotted just offends my OCD.

It's "messy".

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!

And yes, you won't get anything out of Kick if you don't use it.

But my OCD demands SOMETHING go in there.
And my inner Min-Maxer demands it be something that could, technically, be USEFUL.

*Drops a boulder-sized Force-Feedback from orbit.*
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

18 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Well, you're not slotting Punch with anything worthwhile.

Leaving stuff unslotted just offends my OCD.

It's "messy".

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!

And yes, you won't get anything out of Kick if you don't use it.

But my OCD demands SOMETHING go in there.
And my inner Min-Maxer demands it be something that could, technically, be USEFUL.

*Drops a boulder-sized Force-Feedback from orbit.*
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furry Muff.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later

Greetings all.  Just returning to the game after a bit of a hiatus.  Have a concept for a Paladin type character(I know, old hat, but I'm a sucker for the archetype).  The Paladin Infinitum build in the OP looks great, however I see many other posts saying that SD/BS isn't that great?  Not sure if I'll ever do super high end 4 star (whatever that means, lol) content with the toon but hopefully would like the option should I ever wish to tackle it.

I guess that's a long, drawn out way of asking if that build is still viable?  Why no love for SD/BS?

1 hour ago, JavaMonk said:

Greetings all.  Just returning to the game after a bit of a hiatus.  Have a concept for a Paladin type character(I know, old hat, but I'm a sucker for the archetype).  The Paladin Infinitum build in the OP looks great, however I see many other posts saying that SD/BS isn't that great?  Not sure if I'll ever do super high end 4 star (whatever that means, lol) content with the toon but hopefully would like the option should I ever wish to tackle it.

I guess that's a long, drawn out way of asking if that build is still viable?  Why no love for SD/BS?

BS is probably due a buff like Ba had. BS isn't that bad just not as good damage as some other sets. It does bring a survival buff and will be fine with a tanking build. If you like BS then play that. BA and WM are good options.

1 hour ago, JavaMonk said:

Welcome back!

As Gobbledegook mentioned, Battle Axe got a significant buff with the I27 page 5 release, so Broadsword may seem "lacking", but it's still a good set (lots of -Def).  Any +Def it offers, however, won't be needed with a properly built SD tank, for sure, but every little bit helps, right? 😆  On that note, a properly built SD tank will easily handle +4/8 (non-Hard Mode "star") content, including ITFs.  NO tank will survive 3 or 4 star HM ITFs, without external support, so don't focus too much on that.

Roll it and let us know how it goes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 4 weeks later
On 3/1/2023 at 12:22 PM, PLVRIZR said:

Welcome back!

As Gobbledegook mentioned, Battle Axe got a significant buff with the I27 page 5 release, so Broadsword may seem "lacking", but it's still a good set (lots of -Def).  Any +Def it offers, however, won't be needed with a properly built SD tank, for sure, but every little bit helps, right? 😆  On that note, a properly built SD tank will easily handle +4/8 (non-Hard Mode "star") content, including ITFs.  NO tank will survive 3 or 4 star HM ITFs, without external support, so don't focus too much on that.

Roll it and let us know how it goes!

Just got my SD/BS Tank to 50.
She's a BEAST!

Went Musculature/Reactive/Ion to start.
She can gut a +1x8 group, while gutting ANOTHER +1x8 group with an Ion strike.

Feels downright scrapper-like.

58024996_MAPLE-COH.j.thumb.jpg.260acca09f99aded59eb34f41f7e766b.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later

Hello @Infinitum! Big fan of your builds and posts!

I decided to roll a new tanker and I am going with the SD/MA as I have never used either before. I was just wondering if your build in the first post is still considered optimal or if you'd change anything here in 2023?

Anywho, keeps up the good work and tank on!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashford said:

If your reading this, the post was from 2020, alot has change since then so many of those builds are outdated.

Could use and update.

Most of them are up to date as of the typed dmg changes a few issues back, however I had a bunch of real life nemesis plots to take care of for a while, but am back now for a bit and I am taking a look at things.

Sometimes you have to take a step back from the things you like to take care of the things you love.

edit oh there was also my spur of the moment appendectomy on Valentine's day. 🤣. I told my wife I wanted some time alone without the kids but our own private ER Suite wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Most of them are up to date as of the typed dmg changes a few issues back, however I had a bunch of real life nemesis plots to take care of for a while, but am back now for a bit and I am taking a look at things.

Sometimes you have to take a step back from the things you like to take care of the things you love.

edit oh there was also my spur of the moment appendectomy on Valentine's day. 🤣. I told my wife I wanted some time alone without the kids but our own private ER Suite wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Is THAT why you have "Love and Kisses: Rangle M. Down" tattooed over the incision scar?

😁

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Is THAT why you have "Love and Kisses: Rangle M. Down" tattooed over the incision scar?

😁

I have three scars there actually.  I imagine I looked like something out of the x files when they were doing the surgery - laparoscopic they blow your gut out with CO2 and then go in with a sonic scalpel and 2 cameras.  Best selfie ever!

All kidding aside - I wanted to ask you a CoH related question, if you would be so kind - take my Nova Infinitum build and collaborate with me - I am just curious what changes you would make if you took that one over - retaining the overall theme with epic and travel powers.  I am re evaluating my strategy (slightly) and wanted to see how your mind would proceed with that one.  I think there is room to optimize both energy resistance and defense given the psionic was increased - it's now sitting at 90, or would you just leave that alone?  Maybe even see if you can squeak some more toxic mitigation out of that one.

There's obviously many ways to skin a cat - I just wanted to see how your feline culinary mastery matched up with mine on this one - given the recent changes.  Imagine if DaVinci and Michaelangelo painted together in a collaboration 😁

Edited by Infinitum

41 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Imagine if DaVinci and Michaelangelo painted together in a collaboration 

As someone with a degree in humanities and a lot of time studying the Renaissance. It's still astounding that both Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo came from the same city of Florence. Although Leonardo was Michelangelo's senior by about 20 years, the two were contemporaries and fierce rivals. There were instances of each other trying to publicly humiliate the other. One time they they did get commissions to paint large fresco battle scenes on the same wall, which fueled their rivalry further. Leonardo's eventually was finished, but Michelangelo's never was finished and a few years later after the republic was overthrown that fresco of Leonardo's was painted over.

Meanwhile Raphael was from Urbino, he had a period where he lived in Florence but didn't stay long. Raphael and Michelangelo had a fierce rivalry as well because Raphael was about 10 years younger than Michelangelo and Michelangelo thought Raphael was out to get him. Leonardo was 30 years older than Raphael so far think he was relieved that Michelangelo had someone new to fight with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

laparoscopic they blow your gut out with CO2 and then go in with a sonic scalpel and 2 cameras.  Best selfie ever!

They chopped you open.
That HARDLY qualifies as "best selfie ever".

Though it's got a fair chance of beating out "Laproscopic inspection", since they want to shove a RED Digital camera rig (including camera crew) up where the sun should NEVER shine...SIDEWAYS...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later
59 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

How's this look? Invincibility is turned to just 1 foe, and I didn't choose any Incarnates. Not too shabby as far as Resists and Defenses go. 5 enemies fueling Invincibility hits the soft cap.

Tanker - Invulnerability Energy Melee.mbd 42.58 kB · 1 download

Your build is coming back bad.

image.png.0955e14b3a0ab145f7c5c7931f385296.png

This is what i did to the Infinitum build. Hopefully it opens. Powers were picked in no particular order so you will need to do that. You can add Fly/hover with just a few changes also.

bnm3jVgDBfg.png
View This Build In MRB

And this with a few more procs.

bog7mrflPPw.png
View This Build In MRB

Ill drop this here also. It is not a Tanker but a Stalker.

bqNpiLjL3S0.png
View This Build In MRB

Edited by Gobbledigook
  • Like 1

Wish I could get it up to .10.
But the updater apparently doesn't work for me.
No clue why.
And trying to query on Discord and I get this:

image.thumb.png.0d53f313c3f6f4e49c48cc8dd786d88e.png

I'm grateful to the Mids crew.
And I can see from your setup that it is, indeed, working.
I don't know why the hell it's so damn obstinate in my case.
Stuff like this makes me want to scream.

Edited by Hyperstrike

I had some problems with the updater as well.  I ended up unzipping the archive over the top of my install folder instead and that fixed it for me.   I'd give that a shot, and uninstall/reinstall with the latest version if that doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Obsinious said:

I had some problems with the updater as well.  I ended up unzipping the archive over the top of my install folder instead and that fixed it for me.   I'd give that a shot, and uninstall/reinstall with the latest version if that doesn't work.

Tried the uninstall and reinstall.

TOTALLY broke the Updater.  I now just get an error message.
Tried the zip stuff too.
Had to manually set the zip file to be able to execute, because the unzipped folder won't run Mids otherwise.
And update is still throwing JIT errors.

I haven't had a chance to peek at these tweaks yet, I had to have very minor surgery on my face - jaw line - so hopefully I can go weird free for a few weeks at least. Haha.

I am going to take a look at these soon - thanks for all the replies!

I had trouble with updating mids also - that's why I haven't updated or posted anything new yet.  I think I have it now as of tonight though. 

• Like 1