Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

15 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

To my knowledge, the newer versions of Mids don't allow a long form type of export anymore. Here's a screenshot.

yo.thumb.png.87361f23704fe3c2de2697362dd8c56d.png

If some IOs aren't obvious, let me know!

How did you split up the AT set in combustion+fsc and what hecatombs are in gfs? No matter what i chuck in the accuracy looks terrible without vigor. So how does it fare exempting down? (Really considering going back to previous mids)

10 minutes ago, Meknomancer said:

How did you split up the AT set in combustion+fsc and what hecatombs are in gfs? No matter what i chuck in the accuracy looks terrible without vigor. So how does it fare exempting down? (Really considering going back to previous mids)

I have Gauntleted Fist Dam/Rech, Dam/End/Rech, Acc/Dam/Rech/End in Combustion and Acc/Dam, Acc/Dam/Rech, Rech/+Absorb in Incinerate. GFS has Dam, Dam/End, %dmg. 0 accuracy. Yes it's sacrilege but I've slotted many powers like that in the past and never really have to deal with miss streaks often.

As far as EXing down, I hardly ever do that outside of teams, and there's usually plenty of buffs and/or mobs go down quickly enough that the holes in the build hardly ever show.

It's definitely a 50+ build.

• Thanks 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

41 minutes ago, ... said:

Unfortunately not.

I hate to say it at this point but the Mids builder is just a complete and utterly broken mess.

Not just on updating but on values and riddled with bugs including enhancers giving negative values when slotted combination with others and so much more.  I also dont have confidence that Mids is going to drastically improve its situation any time soon either and perhaps another player initiative to rebuild from the ground up a planner and its database may be in order.

At this point I strongly discourage the use of the program to be relied on for building as there's just no way to accurately determine values etc. 

If one does use it, again assume values are very inaccurate and instead use the beta test server to try to test values on a build there.  Its tedious but its just about the only way to ensure the numbers more than what the planner shows.  I was seeing placing damage procs in sets today causing negative values when placed in some powers, damage values in powers change values only by changing the level order and nothing else.  Some powers abilities giving other values not meant to (like storm kick giving defense as normal but also resistance values too.  And yes, this is with the most recent version too.

Edited by Sanguinesun

17 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

I hate to say it at this point but the Mids builder is just a complete and utterly broken mess.

Not just on updating but on values and riddled with bugs including enhancers giving negative values when slotted combination with others and so much more.  I also dont have confidence that Mids is going to drastically improve its situation any time soon either and perhaps another player initiative to rebuild from the ground up a planner and its database may be in order.

At this point I strongly discourage the use of the program to be relied on for building as there's just no way to accurately determine values etc. 

If one does use it, again assume values are very inaccurate and instead use the beta test server to try to test values on a build there.  Its tedious but its just about the only way to ensure the numbers more than what the planner shows.  I was seeing placing damage procs in sets today causing negative values when placed in some powers, damage values in powers change values only by changing the level order and nothing else.  Some powers abilities giving other values not meant to (like storm kick giving defense as normal but also resistance values too.  And yes, this is with the most recent version too.

Yours does sound borked, but I'll ask the standard troubleshooting questions anyways. Is Rest toggled on? Did you select the Homecoming database, or are you using generic? What version of Mids are you using?

Feel free to share the build here and we can see what's going on.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

14 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Yours does sound borked, but I'll ask the standard troubleshooting questions anyways. Is Rest toggled on? Did you select the Homecoming database, or are you using generic? What version of Mids are you using?

Feel free to share the build here and we can see what's going on.

Rest isnt on, current data base for HC, etc see my report on your discord, that you havent yet 😛

26 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

Rest isnt on, current data base for HC, etc see my report on your discord, that you havent yet 😛

Do you have the file? Or a link to the file? Your bug report states its a build provided by America's Angel, and states that it's an mbd file (so new format), but there's not enough info there to tell me how to get it. I did some searches but have not seen an mbd file, yet.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

24 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Do you have the file? Or a link to the file? Your bug report states its a build provided by America's Angel, and states that it's an mbd file (so new format), but there's not enough info there to tell me how to get it. I did some searches but have not seen an mbd file, yet.

Its the one in her guides for farming section

However, as I said in the report, you can build from scratch a new build using all her choices and reproduce the errors for both bugs I listed in the report.  For the negative zinger procs one, just simply moving around 1 or 2 of the zinger procs will reproduce the -negative damage on DT and or RT.  

Edited by Sanguinesun

3 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

Its the one in her guides for farming section, however as I also said in the report, you can build from scratch a new build using all her choices and reproduce the errors for both bugs I listed in the report.  For the negative procs one, just simply moving around 1 or 2 of the zinger procs will reproduce the -negative damage on DT and or RT

I may have found the build here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/37390-page-5-farming-microguide-maps-builds/page/5/#comment-539324

I loaded the .mxd file into my Mids (v3.5.5, HC DBVersions 2023.5.522). I am having no issues with the damage numbers being shown. I have also saved the file as a new .mbd file and reopened the build. Still works.

I'll address the bug report directly, now:

Mids' Reborn v3.5.5 rev 10

Database: Homecoming Database Issue: 27 Page 6 Database Version: 2023.5.522

Running under .NETCoreApp,Version=v6.0 / .NET 6.0.15

Pulled America Angel's build (mbd) (Tanker Rad/MA s/l farm build) from HC's forums and when moving around powers and their enhancer sets, the damage on some powers dropped alot.

The build's radiation therapy was easiest to see the drop and actually occurred when I switched enhancers for defense power (ie no way for it to have affected damage).

So I built the same exact build step by step as the original as a fresh build and it was actually worse than even the modified version's damage values and every single damage power after that(copied all incarnates and accolades as well to make sure).

I found that perfect zinger's damage proc is one of the culprits. Some how changing around things in build causes the zinger proc to create negative values (there's 3 in that build by American Angel). Removing zinger proc from dragon tail cause not only the dragon tail damage value to increase but it also increased the radation therapy value too when it wasnt even touched (though wierdly 1 point damage less than the original build).

I suspect then, across the board, there is some fundamental issue with how procs are being calculated, adjusted, and assessed with use(ie we know the more than 5 proc rule but it seems there's something related to that coding perhaps in mids interfering with the processing of procs. The long known bug with force feedback or other procs turning off when adding enhancers to a power and having to remove FF proc or similar then place it again to cause the program to recognize may also be related. This bug then makes using Mids almost inoperable since so many build use procs to various extents and numbers cant be trusted. Also MA's storm kick (in any build with MA tested) gives resistance value bonuses in addition to the defense(normal to do) when looking in the totals window tab.

Storm Kick is slotted with the +Res(All) Tanker ATO Proc. So if you're seeing Resistance bonuses, that's why.

I tested perfect zinger, removing the proc and re-adding it. In all cases, the damage would go up when the proc was in and down when the proc was out. So that's working as expected.

Without knowing how your Mids is configured, all I can go off of is the powers, procs, and toggles. My attempts to show anything not behaving normally has proven fruitless. Given your report, it would appear the problem would be glaringly obvious, but I'm not seeing it with mine.

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I may have found the build here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/37390-page-5-farming-microguide-maps-builds/page/5/#comment-539324

I loaded the .mxd file into my Mids (v3.5.5, HC DBVersions 2023.5.522). I am having no issues with the damage numbers being shown. I have also saved the file as a new .mbd file and reopened the build. Still works.

I'll address the bug report directly, now:

Storm Kick is slotted with the +Res(All) Tanker ATO Proc. So if you're seeing Resistance bonuses, that's why.

I tested perfect zinger, removing the proc and re-adding it. In all cases, the damage would go up when the proc was in and down when the proc was out. So that's working as expected.

Without knowing how your Mids is configured, all I can go off of is the powers, procs, and toggles. My attempts to show anything not behaving normally has proven fruitless. Given your report, it would appear the problem would be glaringly obvious, but I'm not seeing it with mine.

I loaded the builds in question to the report for comparison then and checking peculiarities with the proc slotting and unslotting.  As for the storm kick's resistance values, yes, it would seem the ATO bonus was what I was seeing and thank you for catching that.  But Im still mystified by the procs being negative values when slotted.

10 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

I loaded the builds in question to the report for comparison then and checking peculiarities with the proc slotting and unslotting.  As for the storm kick's resistance values, yes, it would seem the ATO bonus was what I was seeing and thank you for catching that.  But Im still mystified by the procs being negative values when slotted.

Do you have screen shots of slotting procs before and after? I don't see the issue, but if I can see your numbers maybe I can guess at why you are seeing what you're seeing.

30 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Do you have screen shots of slotting procs before and after? I don't see the issue, but if I can see your numbers maybe I can guess at why you are seeing what you're seeing.

Put before and after pics on the bug report

7 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

Put before and after pics on the bug report

Ohh...your bug report is about the Damage Per Second Calculator? We don't support that. That was an old Beta feature that was not developed by the current team.

Edit:

Just found a reply from Zed about this topic. He states the DPS calculator is busted and will remove it as a feature.

image.png.31e7d6dcf40a6747353823a0e16ffbfb.png

Edited by Bopper

Sigh... do I need to show the total on the other side too? It ALSO shows there.... 

Placed also on the values screen to the far left.  If there's yet some other place to put them please tell me so  I can more efficiently screen shot for you and not have to do multi's 😛

Edited by Sanguinesun
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Thanks for your hard work with the builds, kinda surprised there were none for Titan Weapon, but looking through them did at least give me some idea on what I should be building in the future lol, particularly for the Inv/SS Tanker I'm trying to level *going to end up restarting it again because I am a Dumb and grabbed the exp boosters and overleveled the contacts I was using *just I could just skip ahead and come back via the whatsname but I dun wanna /laugh*

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later
  • 5 months later
4 hours ago, Niplash said:

I'm looking for a Inv/Battle Axe tanker build. 

Thanks!

Barebones, but durable Inv/Axe:

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1549&c=660&a=1320&f=HEX&dc=78DA7554DB6E5251101D380729374BE5D65AA08096163524F5038C5434512121D1F866C801B778E209103835F4DDEB9B568D2F5EEA6FE82FE88BB7B6FA0DBDA8AD1A5F8ED3338CD9A0DD0964EDB567D65EB387A1DC2BFADFBE299D0487FF94A175BBD58B5AF3BAE8B8CA5A43AF03AED8BCD611B556537453C5858E563344EA6CF346A1E7C6B32405578BE2AA6876451E0F168CA6C028DDD0CDC558FFB82C0C21F2F39A691AA25AE80908545A2D237F466F5C33F566C36FEF4A426BE3C66B6F2EB485B8E2A32863372C74BAADD7F3854EDDD4EBD5B2D6354567711C1D64F1F3CE835F0EE065B90032B89D51C1094906530454483338AE00CCA9B00F62C82454D8F080BCACDD0F2E78EF91D5C1521CB0CDA93B8A2D36023F8919815F0436314991C51412FB80BC4BF2EA70C13A651C8313E4E32386B8A510C5CDE578B91C3F57E1E7BA5EE7003C7292874DEEB74DDAA06F32C826B7F0269F6CD2472657900FC862017610640761BE38CA56BE62D2A82C364A62ABC88FC962631071D8D71F8030832081309C27673B9814925B1A825BAA7D3203B709E4E026833B048EC05D06F708ACA14C44927146F8EE285F39CE26BE616C4CBE3206F749250D0F081C8625025978C86E1E31784CC0897331213FC3043D03761126E56798E406C5B941716E50921BA4625242F69F60FF49B69DE442BEA3FF29D9FF143C254B2978C6E03983175CDA32839704B63D343D7F6532F089CC1C821506AB0CD694FEC37C66F08540149D4FCBCEA7D979969D67D979066367E5999885A3D06F6D1F58832BAEFE7F5473EAE03F8155DA23B0A20ECE346E6C7EDD3B28C0F19B43BC13204D857AE112FF90CED1206CECA1B1F5AFC613A79D7A109618FCA02E5CC6D839B9106D98A80D139561E2777488580E2121156DBDCA0C117F004CCFF6A7

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

7 hours ago, Niplash said:

I'm looking for a Inv/Battle Axe tanker build. 

Thanks!

Here ya go, I am no expert on Axe but tried to get all the powers in there for ya, if you wanted to swap things around - as long as you keep the basic enhancement scheme in there the end result will be the same - night unkillable - which is the main goal you would want on a tanker.

I leaned into psi and toxic resistances pretty heavily also because those are the gaps on the defenses for Inv. 

I also got to 45% melee which will also come in handy for any category below that - say for instance Invinc. isn't saturated yet - you will still be at the softcap with anything melee.

Let me know if you have any questions, and hope you enjoy - thanks for following!

image.thumb.png.a0467c602ae369f939c85e2e91d3a76b.png

Tanker (Invulnerability - Axe).mbd

• Infinitum changed the title to Infinitum Build Collection

Hi.

I have a lvl 31 Tanker SR/DM and i would like a build (for now i am ok with no set, only invention IO) I think of perhap's using MOG for the fewer occasions whre def will fail.

But i also need a build for my Brute IM/Regen cause i almost never see a build (ok i know regen isn't the UBER secondary but who cares ?)

Thanks in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1