Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

Just now, SmokenBongs said:

@Infinitum Cool man, I'll definitely try it out! I appreciate you taking the time to help me with this.

Any tips on leveling with it?

Does it have any major weaknesses to watch out for? 

Any major strengths? (Sounds dmg heavy which is always fun)

Again, much thanks mate!

Yeah, Fiery Aura is going to feel weaker than most sets because it is, you will have to lean on Healing Flames a lot but its a quick recharge heal - slot it up fast and first and it will save you in a lot of those early encounters - the rest just follow whats in that build Lodestarr and it will gradually get stronger - as far as incarnates You will need Barrier on this one for those ultra hard encounters like a +4/8 ITF.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, Infinitum said:

Sorry it took so long, had a lot of real life stuff going on the last 2 weeks, but I think I covered all holes and staff covers melee defense also, by the time might of the tanker procs twice you should be res capped to all.

Enjoy!  🙂

Tanker - (Dark Armor - Staff Melee).mxd 5.25 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, Sapphire Lotus said:

I see two different Lodestar builds, on the first page its a FA/PSI and on third its a FA/EM, is this an error in naming or just an oversight? 🙂

I rolled both. Hehe I'm leaning more towards the raw damage of the EM combined with the excellent AOE of Burn now.

I built one for someone by request and it caught my eye, so I wanted one too - and though it fit the theme for my Lodestarr character better.

Edited by Infinitum

On 7/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, Infinitum said:

thanks very much for the update. i noticed touch of death in boxing could be taken done to 5. as the bonuses weren't needed as melee and s/l were already at or past the 45 def cap. so i put the extra slot in physical perfection for 12% more regen. this i think is what i'll go with. fantastic build ty.

Edited by Dimensional Warrior
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, Infinitum said:

I have been a Main tanker since Live and have collected quite a few builds - I have shared them piece by piece here, so I thought i would just put them all in one place, if anyone ever needed them.

Hope you enjoy these, and hope they help, if you have any questions feel free to ask.  @Infinitum - Excelsior Server

Captain Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Street Justice).mxd ---- Old Reliability

Captain Starburst - Tanker (Shield Defense - Energy Melee).mxd --- My oldest son's Main - As sturdy as Capn Infi but lots more burst damage.

I'm having trouble opening these in Mid's. I just downloaded it the other day, and every build I've tried to open from the forums has thrown an error of some kind: index-out-of-range, or "Error reading some power data... will attempt to build with known data... resulted in arithmetic overflow", etc.

Since everyone seems to be using these but me, what can I check on my end? I've checked for updates, but there are none. The editor itself seems to work; I just can't get it to read anything I download or copy-paste from the forums.

I would ask in the Mid's topic, but I don't seem to be able to post there.

34 minutes ago, Furiant said:

I'm having trouble opening these in Mid's. I just downloaded it the other day, and every build I've tried to open from the forums has thrown an error of some kind: index-out-of-range, or "Error reading some power data... will attempt to build with known data... resulted in arithmetic overflow", etc.

Since everyone seems to be using these but me, what can I check on my end? I've checked for updates, but there are none. The editor itself seems to work; I just can't get it to read anything I download or copy-paste from the forums.

I would ask in the Mid's topic, but I don't seem to be able to post there.

I'll check to see if mine is updated tonight when I get home, check yiurs to see if yours is updated.

3 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Tanker (Radiation Armor - Super Strength).mxd 5.4 kB · 0 downloads

GIve this a shot, it caps everything but Cold - which doesnt exist much in the game and also nearly softcaps melee defense..

It also has really good damage output - debuffs - regen - and end management.

Thanks for the build.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm criticizing, but I wish to understand:

Why is Punch not taken? Dmg and recharge not as good as Jab?

Am I correct to say that Taunt is not taken because we already have Beta Decay?

Hand Clap and Hurl are not taken because they are range, and we want to focus on melee?

Hover and Afterburner are mules for LotG, but do we need additional Knockback on Fly?

Is Kick's Change of Recharge only for Kick, or for all powers?

Is Focused Accuracy mainly for mule for Gaussian, or is it an actually useful power to use/have?

11 hours ago, Oginth said:

Sorry if it sounds like I'm criticizing, but I wish to understand:

No worries.  Tankers have thick skin. 🙂

Why is Punch not taken? Dmg and recharge not as good as Jab?

Your main bread and butter with SS is rage footstomp no blow and haymaker.

The others simply arent worth getting especially when paired with a armor set like rad armor that has ground zero, radiation therapy and beta decay all of which contribute indirectly and directly towards the offense in better ways than punch or jab - so basically jab is kinda like a quick spam attack and slot holder for set bonuses and to get blisterings colds hold off occasionally.

Hand Clap and Hurl are not taken because they are range, and we want to focus on melee?

Those aren't good powers one doesn't contribute to dance and the other is far too slow for the damage it does.  Thematic is the only reason you would ever choose these - and that is a valid reason btw.

Hover and Afterburner are mules for LotG, but do we need additional Knockback on Fly?

That and also it allows you to fly faster.

The extra in on fly is just to add to it because you can - and don't really need more fly speed.

Is Kick's Change of Recharge only for Kick, or for all powers?

just kick and I once thought it was worth using but it's not.  Kick is just a power - in this build anyway - to skip to get to tough and weave.

Focused Accuracy mainly for mule for Gaussian, or is it an actually useful power to use/have?

Its a useful power to have - you will be able to see hidden, you ever get blinded, it provides to hit rebuff resistance, and also + to hit.

Hope I answered those good enough for you, it wouldn't be wrong of you if you wanted to change some things, because my personal preferences sway me a good bit.  But it would be easy to keep the numbers similar and move things around, as long as you keep it close or better than where I have it - you will be an unkillable dmg debuff machine.

• Thanks 1

Am I correct to say that Taunt is not taken because we already have Beta Decay?

forgot this one, sorry, yes you dont need taunt with beta decay, ground zero, radiation therapy, and footstomp.

Again if you wanted taunt though you wouldnt be wrong, imo its just not needed.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Infinitum said:

That and also it allows you to fly faster.

The extra in on fly is just to add to it because you can - and don't really need more fly speed.

What I meant is, you have slotted Zephyr in Fly, is it necessary to boost Knockback protection up to 14? Why not Slow Resis?

Edited by Oginth

33 minutes ago, Oginth said:

What I meant is, you have slotted Zephyr in Fly, is it necessary to boost Knockback protection up to 14? Why not Slow Resis?

just personal preference, there are a few things that can still KB you even through all that so BotZ gives you a little added protection.  Slow would work well too though.

• Like 1

Any chance I could get a Inv/Stone melee build? It would be for PvE group play. No holds barred, money isn't an issue. I want to be tough beyond belief and SMASH with my big rock fists! Love the other builds BTW. I have your Shield/SS and it performs admirably.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sammcs said:

Any chance I could get a Inv/Stone melee build? It would be for PvE group play. No holds barred, money isn't an issue. I want to be tough beyond belief and SMASH with my big rock fists! Love the other builds BTW. I have your Shield/SS and it performs admirably.

I will get you something together tomorrow.  🙂

13 hours ago, sammcs said:

Try this

Tanker (Invulnerability - Stone Melee).mxd

Tough beyond belief is checked.

I asked around about stone melee and this is what i came up with to compliment the Invul part.

I didnt put anything in the Tremor for KB to KD because honestly in cases like this i kinda like to send things flying.  But if its an issue just put a sudden acceleration there and it will be fine - just dont remove the proc of the set and thats the only change you may would want to make.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2020 at 1:07 PM, Infinitum said:

Try this

Tanker (Invulnerability - Stone Melee).mxd 5.64 kB · 1 download

Tough beyond belief is checked.

I asked around about stone melee and this is what i came up with to compliment the Invul part.

I didnt put anything in the Tremor for KB to KD because honestly in cases like this i kinda like to send things flying.  But if its an issue just put a sudden acceleration there and it will be fine - just dont remove the proc of the set and thats the only change you may would want to make.

Hope this helps!

You da man!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 9/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, Achamian said:

This is some fantastic work.  I have created a build for a Dark Armor/War Mace and can't seem to get the Energy Resists above 75%-ish.  Any chance you would be willing to see what you can do with a build in this combination?  Money is no object.  

I would love to, sorry I'm late in replying - real life stuff has been particularly real lately.  lol. I'll take a look tonight though.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, Achamian said:

This is some fantastic work.  I have created a build for a Dark Armor/War Mace and can't seem to get the Energy Resists above 75%-ish.  Any chance you would be willing to see what you can do with a build in this combination?  Money is no object.  

try this out.

Unregistered - Tanker - (Dark Armor - Warmace).mxd

• 1 month later

I've never really played tanks and appreciate this thread. @Infinitum, what's your take on the revamped energy melee? I am wondering about doing an INV/EnM tank or a Brute version. I see you have a tanker build for the old EnM - do you have a build that has the new version? Much like you, I want my tank to walk in and out of ALL scenarios and be able to take the punishment. Durability is my main concern.