Really Hard Way Runs on Everlasting Sat 9pm Eastern

sundew

FURTHER UPDATE:  Our start time will be changing to 9pm Eastern (NY time) each Saturday, beginning 12/5/2020.  We've done weekly runs of the Magisterium Really Hard Way badge since June and we're still going strong.

These are PuG leagues and we close the league at 12, unless there is enough interest to fill to 16 or 24.  The trial scales to the league size, but it seems to scale in chunks.   

REQUIREMENTS:  All toons must be 53, please have your incarnate powers fully at T4.  Please also bring 2 ultimate inspirations, at least 2 team dual red/yellow large insps, and any other team insps that will help keep you alive.   

STRATEGY:  we will follow the current strategy that others are using and will start the Tyrant battle with ultimates, lore pets, and team insps.  The biggest tricks are to stay alive and to defeat Tyrant slowly enough to avoid bugging out.  If we bug out, we can re-roll. 

NOTES about league makeup:  

Initially I was looking for a specific league makeup with an exceptional amount of DPS, specifically corrs and kins.  However, we have gotten the badge with leagues that had plenty of melee, so the league is now open to all.  It was smoothest/easiest when we had 3 kins.  We did fine with 2 kins.  With 1 kin we got the badge but needed to use a lot more team inspirations to get there. 

For anyone looking to run this, here's what we're seeing:  Insps to promote survival might be more helpful than a tray full of reds if the league is squishy, because too many deaths cause a failed trial.  A league filled with melee archetypes is fine and will not cause failure.  @ukase suggested that if the league can take down Black Swan before she spawns portals a second time, it has the DPS to succeed.  The league still may be fine even if the portals spawn 2x or 3x, but that guideline is a nice confidence booster.   Also, it's nice for people on the league to have the three p2w empowerment buffs.   

Edited by sundew
I love editing
  • Like 1

This Saturday (6/28) at 4pm, will do a RHW practice run with anyone interested.  Will run with a PuG league and will ask everyone to have 2-4 ultimate insps in case we get close enough to succeed. 

On the bright side, I am leveling a corrupter specifically for these runs with the same build I had back in the live game.

Unfortunately, my corr won't be 50 and fully incarnate by July 11th.

Soon™

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

We are a liiiiiiiiiiittle short on corruptors right now.  I've just rolled a fresh sonic/kin corr and will do my best to get her up to 53/T4 by 7/11, to add debuffs.  Other corr sets that would be incredibly helpful:  Radiation has great -def and accelerate metabolism.  Dark is all -tohit, all the time, and Howling Twilight can be helpful.  Apparently Ice has great single-target DPS.  Most importantly, every Corruptor gets Scourge.  Scourge will be our best weapon against Tyrant, who gains regen as he drops HP, so every 53 corruptor will be welcome regardless of powersets. 

Yes!  We got the RHW badge in a practice run today and our league had a lot more melee than the league makeup I was planning for the badge run.  I think we had 3 tanks on a 12-player league. Therefore, the restrictions on archetypes are lifted and all are welcome.  Please still send me a tell to sign up. 

Edited by sundew
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, Ironblade said:

On the bright side, I am leveling a corrupter specifically for these runs with the same build I had back in the live game.

Unfortunately, my corr won't be 50 and fully incarnate by July 11th.

Soon™

I guess I'm more nerd than I thought.  My corr is 50 and incarnate powers all tier 3.  Working on getting a couple of those to tier 4 so, once I get the badge on Ironblade, I can bring the corr for any future runs.  Just like the good old days.  I did the Magisterium dozens of times back on live.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I have transferred a fire/rad corruptor, named Pundit, t-4'd in all the right places to help out. I also have my farm brute parked next to luna with a ton of threads to assist those who may be squeamish about dishing out hundreds of threads for ultimates and team supers. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 1

I'll sign up for the one we just did an hour ago!  Posterity and all...

It was a fine run, got the badge, everyone enjoyed it (even Mojo?)...

I'll try to remember to sign up here for the next one(s), but I'm not on the forums much (unless the game is down).

Thank you for hosting this.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone who came today on both successful runs!  Currently planning to do weekly practice runs and monthly signups.  If you prefer a particular time/date for a scheduled run or just want to be on the next one, send me a tell! 

Great leagues today, thanks again to @Ukase for the great tips, contributions, and leadership. 

• Like 1

Well, got the badge on my badger on the first run.  And then we succeeded again on the second run.  I got a rare and a very rare on the second run so that got my corr a T4 power.  Should be all T4's by the time of the next run.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:27 PM, Ironblade said:

I got a rare and a very rare on the second run so that got my corr a T4 power.  Should be all T4's by the time of the next run.

And now I've started a long-term project: a better corrupter for this iTrial.  My current corr is fire/thermal which is great in general, but not 'top tier' for the Magisterium.  I have now created a beam rifle/kinetics corr.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ineffablebob said:

I'd definitely like to get this one on my badge toon (EbonFlame, blaster). Be happy to stop in for practice, too, when are those happening?

Today at 5pm Eastern time.  Going forward, they will be Saturdays at 5pm Eastern, and the next official run is tentatively scheduled for 5pm Saturday, August 15. 

• sundew changed the title to Really Hard Way Runs on Everlasting Sat 9pm Eastern