Jump to content

Name release


Jawbreaker
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Acid Reina

 

Acid Reign

 

 

Decided I won't find a combination I enjoy as much as the wordplay, so recently deleted the former, while the latter alternate also looks to be available.

  • Thanks 1

"... And I'd kill to get away; I'd die to make my own way.  And I'd lose to celebrate;  I'd win to see the good days.  And I'll never stop the fighting, so bring to me your worst.

I'll never stop believing that I could rule the world one day ..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later
6 hours ago, Player2 said:

 

Boobytrap

 

 

I had to grab this one, it's just too good not to. There's really only one way to go with it from a design standpoint, obvious as it may be. So here's my new Traps defender:

 

 

boobytrap.png

boobytrap1.png

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades (Dual Pistols blaster) Adamant Eve (Invulnerability tanker)Arch-Rival (Archery blaster)Battle Beetle (Claws scrapper) Blackbelt (Martial Arts scrapper) Citizen Arcane (Dark Control dominator) Core (Fire Blast corruptor)Ctrl Alt Defeat (Claws stalker)Daddy Longlegs (Arachnos Soldier) Diamant (Psionic Melee scrapper) Freak Accident (Radiation Melee brute) Galactrix (Energy Blast sentinel) Great White Shark (Savage Melee brute) Highway Star (Kinetics defender) The Howl (Beast Mastery mastermind) Ion Maiden (Radiation Blast sentinel) Knockout Artist (Street Justice brute) Night's Templar (Kinetic Melee stalker) The Pact (Demon Summoning mastermind) Paroled McDonald (Spines brute) Virtual Boy (Illusion Control controller) Volcaniac (Fire Control dominator) White Widow (Arachnos Widow) Yucatan (Nature Affinity defender)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

 

I had to grab this one, it's just too good not to. There's really only one way to go with it from a design standpoint, obvious as it may be. So here's my new Traps defender:

 

 

boobytrap.png

 

I went with Gravity/Traps controller...  and she looked like this:

image.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later

Some names I just won't be able to get to. Reply here, send me a tell or email @Echo Night if you want em. First come first get. I'll hold onto them until they're taken, then I'll update the list.

 

Jack Swag                                                                           Motor Hum

Biolence                                                                              Outlaw Assassin

Doctor Space Cape                                                             Rock n Thundra

Asee Dsee                                                                           Silent Deep

Epic Blades                                                                          Thunder Thumbs

Bloody Knuckles                                                                  Star Tears

Circle Back                                                                           Star Cries

Mechanical Fury                                                                  More HumanThan Human

Shock Absorb                                                                      Soul Igniter

Skill Check                                                                           Dane Star

Lethal Heat                                                                          Dreamfolder

Aeon Gold                                                                           Echo Locator

Brocco Li                                                                              Rigor Rags

Fuzzy Trace                                                                          

Lescoe Brandon

 

Edited by Echo Night
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Looking to get some names on Excelsior.  Moved to Torch to play with RL friends awhile back and they've since abandoned the game, and I'd like to come back to Excelsior with some of my regulars.  I've got names for trade on Excelsior for characters I'm less interested in playing, or if you'd like to move to Torch with the same name there we can arrange that, also.  Also, do me favor and shoot me a private message if you have any of these names and are not interested in parting with them...  will save me time and grief of wondering whether or not I should give up on them.  If you want to make a deal, you can private message me here on the forum or in game as @Player2.

 

NAMES WANTED ON EXCELSIOR

  • Big Girl  (my main, and my primary interest in bringing over to Excelsior)
  • Boobytrap  (I know, I just suggested this and someone grabbed it here a little while back)
  • Espionage
  • White Hot
  • Decider
  • Halloween Girl
  • Hot Spell
  • Kicks
  • Kid Nemesis
  • Lucky 7
  • Midnight Rose
  • Misfortune
  • Pretense
  • Red Hot Hottie
  • Soulsword
  • Thunderblade

NAMES I HAVE TO TRADE ON EXCELSIOR

  • Battle Babe
  • Blixt
  • Blood Mage
  • Boost
  • Cheesecake
  • Crazed
  • Dragonstorm
  • Glory Hammer
  • Instigator
  • Kings Row Queen
  • Large Lass
  • Legendary
  • Mighty One
  • Naked Fury
  • Omnipotence
  • Peerless
  • Quickener
  • Something Else
  • Threat Level
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later

Seeing as I don't play on Excelsior anymore I have released the following names into the wild.  May they find a loving home

American Valor
Atomic Spectre
Bee
Bullseye (Not 100% sure this name will be available after I release it)
Captain Lightning
Chromia
Curare
Dreadwing
Everglade
Horribelle
Imperial
Invincibelle
Iron Tiger
Katana
Major Risk
Madam Cold
Menace
Metalhead
Mudslinger
Night Woman
Outburst
Owl Woman
Payback
Posionous
Pinnacle
Red Sun
Red Viper
Rumor
Samaritan
Shadoweaver
Silver Ghost
Warbird

Edited by Unknown_User
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Unknown_User said:

Bullseye (Not 100% sure this name will be available after I release it)

 

Legally speaking, that name cannot be trademarked.  As long as no one uses it in conjunction with an appearance similar to the Daredevil foe, it would be fine.  Unique made up names can be trademarked, as can legally distinct images.  Public domain words (anything found in the dictionary) cannot be trademarked.

 

Also... damn, someone beat me to Menace and Payback.

 

 

Edited by Player2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 4:01 PM, Player2 said:

Looking to get some names on Excelsior.  Moved to Torch to play with RL friends awhile back and they've since abandoned the game, and I'd like to come back to Excelsior with some of my regulars.  I've got names for trade on Excelsior for characters I'm less interested in playing, or if you'd like to move to Torch with the same name there we can arrange that, also.  Also, do me favor and shoot me a private message if you have any of these names and are not interested in parting with them...  will save me time and grief of wondering whether or not I should give up on them.  If you want to make a deal, you can private message me here on the forum or in game as @Player2.

 

NAMES WANTED ON EXCELSIOR

  • Big Girl  (my main, and my primary interest in bringing over to Excelsior)
  • Boobytrap  (I know, I just suggested this and someone grabbed it here a little while back)
  • Espionage
  • White Hot
  • Decider
  • Halloween Girl
  • Hot Spell
  • Kicks
  • Kid Nemesis
  • Lucky 7
  • Midnight Rose
  • Misfortune
  • Pretense
  • Red Hot Hottie
  • Soulsword
  • Thunderblade

NAMES I HAVE TO TRADE ON EXCELSIOR

  • Battle Babe
  • Blixt
  • Blood Mage
  • Boost
  • Cheesecake
  • Crazed
  • Dragonstorm
  • Glory Hammer
  • Instigator
  • Kings Row Queen
  • Large Lass
  • Legendary
  • Mighty One
  • Naked Fury
  • Omnipotence
  • Peerless
  • Quickener
  • Something Else
  • Threat Level

Big Girl has been granted to me.  😎

 

Large Lass is now available for whomever wants it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later
On 7/14/2022 at 4:19 AM, Player2 said:

Public domain words (anything found in the dictionary) cannot be trademarked.

Amazon®, Apple®, Oracle®, and Target® would all like a word.  Not to mention Marvel®, who has indeed registered Bullseye® as a trademark. :)

 

You may be thinking of "genericization"—that when a name of a particular product starts to become used as a generic term for all products of that type, it loses protection as a trademark.  Some historical examples include Aspirin, Escalator, and Teleprompter—all of which used to be trademarked product names but eventually became generic terms.  But there's no rule that dictionary words can't be trademarked. 

 

BTW, to bring this slightly on-topic, "Escalator" is available on Excelsior, but "Aspirin" and "Teleprompter" are taken (I figured that last one is way too good to still be available.)

 

ETA: Please meet my newest character, the Purple Pedant.  Battle cry: "Well, actually..."

Edited by Zhym
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...