Why did I get a forced name change yesterday?

Fizzol512

So, my understanding is that the new name change policy is still a couple weeks away, but when I looged in one of characters yesterday I was greeted with a forced name change popup, with no option but to change my name. Who do I ask to find out what happened and why, presumably, someone else was given my characters name?

Also, my name wasn't anything copyrighted (that I know of), unusual, or offensive in any way.

Also, my name wasn't anything copyrighted (that I know of), unusual, or offensive in any way.

let us be the judge of that, what was the name?

A Gravity/Storm Controller named 'Heavy Rain'. I like the name a lot, and it works with the character concept. It's completely inoffensive as far as I can tell. Maybe it duplicates something the GMs have planned or someone more connected than me liked the name and got it taken away. Either way, or if there's some other reason, I'd like to know.

A Gravity/Storm Controller named 'Heavy Rain'. I like the name a lot, and it works with the character concept. It's completely inoffensive as far as I can tell. Maybe it duplicates something the GMs have planned or someone more connected than me liked the name and got it taken away. Either way, or if there's some other reason, I'd like to know.

Well... it's an existing video game... so maybe that?

I'm out.

Best to hit up a GM in game or in the discord channel.

You're not going to get the answers you seek here.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

like some one else said it is the name of a game, but I can't see that having impact here, did you transfer to another server? If not put in a support ticket

I have to admit I'd be surprised if that happened to me.  Name does appear inoffensive.

The game is rather disturbing from what I've heard.  However, it is a fairly common term aside from that.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

I was talking to a friend in game earlier who said a toon he had tried out had vanished this morning.  He assumed the name change policy had already begun, but I have my doubts. 

Perhaps while they were setting it up a few names got yoinked?

He got it back right away.  Did you try to make a new toon up with that name?

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

What name change policy are you guys going on about?  Certainly not anything to do with copyrighted names I hope seeing as this is a private server an all...lol

The policy posted in Announcements.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I have to admit I'd be surprised if that happened to me.  Name does appear inoffensive.

The game is rather disturbing from what I've heard.  However, it is a fairly common term aside from that.

I doubt it's the game being an issue, but yes, the game is quite...out there. I suggest playing it in the dark with some glass bottles. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

What name change policy are you guys going on about?  Certainly not anything to do with copyrighted names I hope seeing as this is a private server an all...lol

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

How do you code the size of images in replies?

you can resize images manually by adding a height or width parameter within the image tags....

so it would look something like ...

[img width=600]image url[/img]

To see the image tags and other formatting, click on the icon with the red brackets and blue arrow in the text editor.

or just try to rename it back.  The rename button is up near the delete character button on the character select screen.

Thanks, I thought that would fix it, but it says the name is already in use by another character.