A question about Burn. PLEASE HELP :D

Bigimpin2

So im building my ice/fire stalker and there is something that i greatly wish to know. When using burn, is there a chance to proc for things like the buildup proc (stalker ATO), or a -res proc enhancement, throughout the entire duration of the burn, or ONLY on the initial hit before the DoT starts?? This will have an effect on how i build my character. if there is anyone that has experience with it i would love to hear from you!

The Burn on Stalkers have 3 targets get hits at first. then a lot of little little little ticks. The first 3 targets get a chance to crit. For Procs the first time you drop it will allmost allways proc. then it will have a chance to proc for the duration of the burn but everytime the chance will greatly be reduced. so basically it is when you drop burn, then you have a lot of proccs, then nothing and only little ticks. Use procs like crazy on burn!

Ans also having ice patch is quite usefull with burn. very good combination of your powersets!

Ordinarily, Burn has two components:

• An initial hit. This uses the standard recharge/area formulas and will have a chance to proc per target as normal.
  • A pseudo-pet. This uses the pseudo-pet proc chances, but doesn't last long enough to get a second proc chance. Any sort of buffs, pet summons, etc. will not have any impact from this portion.

However, the Assassin's Mark 'Chance to Build Up' isn't actually a proc. It's a global effect that gives all of your Stalkers powers a 5% chance to reset the recharge on Build Up. It doesn't matter where you slot it. I believe - but am not entirely sure - that it is confined to primary damage-dealing powers (i.e. no secondary or pool/epic powers) and the number of targets is irrelevant. I haven't seen any comprehensive testing on it, though.

Actually all my testing has shown that Burn hits 4 targets max initially, not sure where you are getting 3 from.  The power description says 5 targets because the 5th target is always yourself to give you a Immobilization protection.  I tried Ice/Fire on both Stalker and Scrapper, hands down better on a Scrapper.

42 minutes ago, Sgt. Terminus said:

Actually all my testing has shown that Burn hits 4 targets max initially, not sure where you are getting 3 from.  The power description says 5 targets because the 5th target is always yourself to give you a Immobilization protection.  I tried Ice/Fire on both Stalker and Scrapper, hands down better on a Scrapper.

I don't believe the Scrapper's Burn can crit. There's also the issue that Burn is an additional AE for the typically AE-lite Stalker sets.

Edited by Hjarki

I tested it on the Test Server in AE Missions. I have to admit it can be 4 i don't remember precicely. My point was more what Hjarki said. That it has a initial component that procs nicely and another component that procs bad. And that the initial part can crit is a big deal. The Assassin Mark ATO will give all powers a chance to proc but on map load you will have to use the power once. I am not sure if it is on every map or just initially after loging in the game. Burn is one of these Powers that get crazy with 4 Proccs and 2 normal. I think in my build i used 3 piece eradication for set bonus, 1 obliteration, 1 -resist, 1 purple.

7 hours ago, Hjarki said:

I don't believe the Scrapper's Burn can crit. There's also the issue that Burn is an additional AE for the typically AE-lite Stalker sets.

This wasn't my point.  When you look at Fiery Aura as a whole, the Stalker version really suffers, losing the damage aura which gives you lots of slotting options as well as constant AOE and Fiery Embrace, which adds additional fire damage to all your attacks for 20 seconds.  In its place you get hide and a healing aura that does nothing to really help you.  Yes the Scrapper Burn version does not crit but it gives you the perfect place to slot the Scrapper ATO +50% Crit Proc, which due to the weird mechanics of multiple Burn patches and the fact it targets yourself gives you an almost guaranteed elevated crit window in your attack chain (which makes my Ice/Fire scrapper feel very much like a stalker in that way).

When you step back and look at Stalker Fiery Aura, you have 2 resists toggles, 1 good heal, Burn (4 target AOE), crappy healing aura, self rez (yeah!?), slow activating and long recharge end filler/aoe.    Also Burn does not give you Assassin's focus.   Again, just sharing my experience after playing both, wishing the Stalker version was better.