Is it worth it to blow a ton of converters on a big sell?

Neogumbercules

The only thing I potentially use a lot of converters on are converting defense IOs to LOTG. However, I don’t chase the +rech one within the set. I’ve found that it is usually worth it to get to LOTG. For resists, I will often convert within category to get to unbreakable guard or Aegis, which usually only takes 1-2 times. Anything else I’ll just sell if I can get 2m. 

I threw together a sloppy little spreadsheet.   I didn't really fact check it, as I'm not a marketeer.  But basically, just throw in the appropriate values in the two fields which are highlighted in magenta (B1 and B2) on the Breaking Even sheet, and it will auto-populate the rest of the sheet so you can see how much you'd need to list the Converted Enhancement at to break even after using X number of Converters.  I pre-populated the sheet with a range from 1 to 49 in the Converters Used field so that one may view it at a glance.

Converter Roullette Calculator.oDs

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 8:49 AM, Neogumbercules said:

What's your AFK strategy? Just fire up three clients, run them to the middle of the map, and stand there with burn on auto? How long does it usually take to clear the map and do a reset? 

Yes, that's what I do.  Takes more 10-15 minutes.  I don't do alot of afk because I can clear in <5 minutes if I play.  I can atleast go to the bathroom or get drink without worries.

On 10/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, brasilgringo said:

Ah I guess it's one of those maps where the mobs patrol and walk around, and not one like the ComiCon outdoors ones where you have to move from group to group.  

Yes, the comicon outdoor map use to good before the inf nerf.  Now I use it to PL low levels.  It is much safer for them.

If you run the asteroid comcicon then you have the option of afk farming.  I tested last night.  I cleared it in about 12 minutes afk and less than 5 actively playing.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 1:02 AM, Hew said:

You dont craft level 50 ios unless you like blowing money. They run ~500k + mats to craft. Level 50 rares are the absolute worst, outside of pvp or purples. Converting? Why go for big ticket. Creative use of converters gets you something sellable for ~5 or 7 converts. The more converters you burn, the more that IO cost you. If you spend ~100k on a given craft + a few converts, even if you ONLY GET ~2 mil, you are massively up. Does it take longer? Yes. But unless you are swimming in merits from some other source, converters are a pretty hefty cost if you convert convert convert at 2 or 3 per attempt. You could spend up to 10 or more merits on converters due to a string of bad luck _in a single io set_.

Fox above is in line with what I am talking about. 5 converters per 80 ios gets you the 400 he has listed aove.

It depends how you look at it. If you get level 50 IOs from playing crafting it costs under 500k, including materials at current prices, assuming it is uncommons at least, and I can usually convert it to something that sells for 3m inf with around 6-8 converters. So I am still making circa 2m in profit. Yes I could make more crafting it at a lower level but for the sake of a a few hundred k it just isn't worth the hassle most of the time. If I am buying the recipe to craft though, that's a different story, and if I were just starting out without much inf then I would be trying to eke out as much per IO as I could, but there comes a point where that difference just doesn't matter much anymore.

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"