Dark Armor Reassessment

marcussmythe

While DA is a bit rough in the early stages, it matures quite nicely. Jeb the Pirate used to have some great guides on the original forums. I'll have to hunt down my old Dark Armor builds. Once I've had a chance to re-evaluate and update them, I'll share them here.

Reporting Back in:

1.)  Mid 30s

2.)  Respecced - dropped a lot of power pool toggles, or left them as mules for KB resistance/things I dont turn on outside large teams with my buffs.  Also dropped the DOT Aura.  It goes back in much, much later, as do maybe the fear and stun auras - but for now, I dont need to feed them.  Also tossed hasten for late game.  Focusing on 'what makes my life suck less right now'.

3.)  The self heal has heal, recharge, endredux, and chance for +END

4.)  Health has every unique that gives +END that I could fit in.

5.)  Stamina got its proc, too.

Life is good.  Jumped into a group of like 12 warriors on the streets of Talos, just to see if I could - had to hit my heal and eat candy that they dropped, but quite doable.  I dont even have my 'good' attacks out of my secondary yet, and its still a wrecking ball that feels more scrapper than tanker in offense.  Finally having enough END to lay about without mothering my blue bar like a parent with a sick child made all the difference.

Went out and did some more teaming - yay, buffs! - aggro management isnt terrible, between taunt and my 'vanilla' taunt aura and the AOEs out of Titan.  Ill definitely be getting the AOE toggles, though.  Contemplating the Crowd Control Hybrid to stack with the mez auras I already have - but thats a level 50 problem.

So, in no order -

1.)  Dark Armor is expensive, but it gives a lot of options.  FOR NOW Im ignoring the more esoteric ones, but theyll be coming back in.

2.)  Titan Weapons is expensive, and requires a lot of attention.  Once you End-Stabilize, and get your primary to the point where you dont have to baby sit it, you can afford to feed Titan Weapons its attention.

3.)  Glad I didnt give this guy up.  Im really looking forward to seeing what wierdness he can do at 50 when I start playing proc-games and CC-games with him.  He may be the first character I IO two separate builds out for - Id like to do a 'max tank' IO build that focuses on survival, aggro-funneling, and CC, and a second 'I confused myself with a Scrapper' build to push the damage that the set can give.

Dark Armor/Titan Weapons can be a great combo, and its turning into a fun one, but it wont be, ever I think, an EASY one.  YMMV.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Nice report.

/Staff has a lot of END mitigation, so the control aspects have been good.  I tend to agree that Dark Shroud is pretty meh at this level, unless I am in a team with a buffer.  I haven't tried a lot of soloing yet, still working up.  Group damage is quite good, single pint won't be until I hit my top level attacks.

Staff I think goes a long way to solving the basic problems with Dark Armor early on, and later on, when you can solve dark armor's problems other ways, staff will give more flexiblity.

TW offers its own odd forms of mitigation - +Melee DEF in the first attack (fading in value late) and of course lots of knockdown, and really huge numbers.'

If I had it all to do over again, Id probably have gone staff - the character concept is basically 'Balrog', and as Staff has a Halberd, it would work well as an Axe stand-in... but I didnt realize Staff had that option (wiki only showed trident) and I went with the flaming sword from TW. 

At this point, its cussedness, and 'can I make running an end-hog attention-sucking Secondary work with an End-Hog Somewhat-Wierd and underloved Primary' work - and the answer seems to be 'yes if you work at it' - headed to glory at the far end.

I just wish we didnt get Bruising from Defensive Sweep.  :(

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Level 28, DA/Staff some interesting experiences.

I am much more on a mitigation/Auras-soft lock build and it has been a ton of fun.  I really debuff so much, and having three taunt auras up plus Taunt itself is great.  Still working on getting some items now for KB resistance, as that is the single biggest issue.

Best part?  I run SIX toggles simultaneously and have a full blue bar a disturbing amount of the time.  I have only dropped under 50% END a few times and in large groups with any troller/def, I am untouchable.

I did a +4 level TF yesterday pulling mobs of 12+ enemies all purple and I did not die even once.

Also, /Staff has been a very persuasively powerful set.  The cone attack really has a very large hit area and does very good damage.  I've tried a little soloing, but I am mostly built to team at this point, but I put in some better enhancements in my slots to improve damage because I pulled and sold a couple of enhancements for about 3 1/2 million.  Good times, good times.

• 1 month later

Here is where I am working towards.  I'm at 40, I play on and off.  I do love DA/SF, it is a lot of fun.  However, I can't get my DEF soft caps.  With this, I am looking at

30% Smashing

45% Lethal

29% Fire, Cold

35% Energy, Negative

24% Psionic

51% Melee

43% Ranged

27% AoE

Any suggestions for getting better typed soft cap?

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

DarkHoleandStick: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Ags-ResDam(15), StdPrt-ResKB(40)
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Mk'Bit-Dam%(42), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Murky Cloud -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(3), GldArm-End/Res(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(9), GldArm-RechEnd(19), GldArm-RechRes(42)
Level 4: Guarded Spin -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(7), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(34)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- HO:Ribo(A)
Level 8: Precise Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Dam%(50)
Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 12: Dark Regeneration -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(36)
Level 14: Death Shroud -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(45), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(46), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(46), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(46)
Level 16: Eye of the Storm -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(21)
Level 18: Cloak of Fear -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), Acc-I(27)
Level 20: Staff Mastery 
Level 22: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), Krm-ResKB(34), Rct-ResDam%(36), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 24: Kick -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 26: Tough -- StdPrt-ResKB(A)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 30: Serpent's Reach -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Rchg(33), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 35: Innocuous Strikes -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Obl-%Dam(48)
Level 38: Sky Splitter -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 44: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Soul Transfer -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 20: Form of the Body 
Level 20: Form of the Mind 
Level 20: Form of the Soul 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(29), Heal-I(31)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(23), EndMod-I(23)
------------

Well, you could take this one of two ways.    Since the defense you're getting from Guarded Spin is Lethal/Melee, it's not really helping you in the typed department since you have to overshoot the Lethal side to cover the Smashing side.    Now, you could just ignore Guarded Spin and think of it as 'extra' defense that doesn't factor into your typed calculations.   In that case you'd want to switch over into using Kinetic Combats to build up your Smashing/Lethal.    

Here's how a typed defense build might look:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

DarkHoleandStick 2: Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(13), RctArm-EndRdx(13), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15), GldArm-3defTpProc(17)
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(3), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Murky Cloud -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), RctArm-ResDam(17), RctArm-EndRdx(19), StdPrt-ResKB(19)
Level 4: Guarded Spin -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(9), RctArm-EndRdx(9), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(21), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), Krm-ResKB(29), Rct-ResDam%(36)
Level 14: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(29), RctArm-EndRdx(31), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ImpSki-Status(31)
Level 16: Eye of the Storm -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 18: Cloak of Fear -- Ngh-EndRdx/Fear(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(23)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 24: Death Shroud -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-%Dam(25), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 26: Precise Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 28: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(33), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(33), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(34), MckBrt-Rchg(37)
Level 30: Serpent's Reach -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(50)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Innocuous Strikes -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(45)
Level 38: Sky Splitter -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(42)
Level 41: Soul Transfer -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(39), Mrc-Rcvry+(46), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(45), PrfShf-End%(46)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------

Alternatively, you could incorporate the Melee aspect of Guarded Spin and swing for positional defense softcaps instead, which might look more like this:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1

DarkHoleandStick: Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam(7), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9)
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Murky Cloud -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(11), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Ags-ResDam(15), StdPrt-ResKB(31)
Level 4: Guarded Spin -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(23)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(15), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Ags-ResDam(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(13), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(36)
Level 10: Taunt -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 12: Precise Strike -- Acc-I(A)
Level 14: Death Shroud -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Erd-%Dam(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 16: Eye of the Storm -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 18: Cloak of Fear -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(31), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(37), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(42), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), CldSns-%Dam(50)
Level 22: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Krm-ResKB(25), Rct-ResDam%(25), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 26: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29)
Level 28: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(33), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RedFrt-Def(34), RedFrt-EndRdx(34)
Level 30: Serpent's Reach -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Innocuous Strikes -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(37), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(37), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(42)
Level 38: Sky Splitter -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Soul Transfer -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Prv-Absorb%(29)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------

It's important to keep in mind when building for Defense that you generally want positional OR typed but not both, since the game always takes the higher value in a given attack (e.g. a Smashing Melee attack uses whichever applicable Defense value is highest), so effort spent trying to cover both is largely wasted.   

Edited by Justaris
For clarification

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

On 6/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, marcussmythe said:

3.)  Glad I didnt give this guy up.  Im really looking forward to seeing what wierdness he can do at 50 when I start playing proc-games and CC-games with him.  He may be the first character I IO two separate builds out for - Id like to do a 'max tank' IO build that focuses on survival, aggro-funneling, and CC, and a second 'I confused myself with a Scrapper' build to push the damage that the set can give.

Dark Armor/Titan Weapons can be a great combo, and its turning into a fun one, but it wont be, ever I think, an EASY one.  YMMV.

I play DA/TW and what I've discovered:

• Procs aren't really that big a deal. The loss from 5-slot bonuses is simply too great to justify an extra proc in most of the powers. While my offensive powers do have procs, they tend to only be Force Feedback and the ones that arise 'organically' (Hecatomb, Armageddon, ATO, etc.) The only power I have "proc'd out" is Dark Regeneration - I think I have 5 procs in it.
  • Dark Armor has a problem with Energy/Toxic. I don't much care about Toxic. However, Energy is one of the most common damage types. Because it comes paired with Negative Energy on all IO sets (and in the toggle), you end up with a 40+ point disparity between your Energy and Negative resistance - trying to bridge that disparity means putting your Negative at some ridiculous number over 90% and I'm not even sure it's possible without committing your entire build to it.
  • I went with S/L and Melee Defense. More to the point, I went with S/L Defense and Melee came along for the ride. The two are paired virtually everywhere. I wasn't concerned with Psi defense because my Psi resist is capped, but I'm still a purple away from Ranged/AoE/Energy.
  • Endurance problems (mostly) disappear with T4 Cardiac. I've still got Energy Mastery as my pool but that's more a matter of not having any slots left over for ancillary/patron pools (so it's a big pointless to take more attacks). I run with Defensive Sweep, Follow Through, Rend Armor, Whirling Smash, Arc of Destruction. I did take Ageless, but I took the debuff resist version (the build natively has no defense debuff resistance and that can be a huge problem - pretty much every time I've died has been to an avalanche of defense debuffs).
  • I take all of the first six Dark powers and none of the last three Dark powers. The fear aura has some nice set bonus opportunities but it's not a terribly useful power. Likewise, the resurrect can slot healing sets (I could just drop Preventative Medicine proc in there and save a slot) but the power itself isn't very useful. The stun is junk.
  • The lack of diversity in TW attacks means it's tough to meet recharge goals. While I get a lot of recharge from Force Feedback, I'm still below perma-Hasten because the only types of attacks I have are melee and PBAoE. I could potentially do a build where I use epic/patron pool attacks but they're so dramatically inferior to the TW attacks that it's hard to justify that decision.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:19 PM, Rylas said:

Those are the levels that those recipes will drop at. You can still slot a level 30 Eradication in your character at level 50. Its values will still be at the level 30 mark, but on the plus side, when you exemplar down as far as level 27, you'll still get their bonuses.

Set bonuses stay unless the power goes unusable. Enhancement bonuses are always there, but with diminishing values the lower in level you exemp below them.

Please use clearer language to avoid confusion.

• 2 weeks later
On 8/4/2019 at 11:26 PM, Voldine said:

Set bonuses stay unless the power goes unusable. Enhancement bonuses are always there, but with diminishing values the lower in level you exemp below them.

Good to know. But tell me, how does one use clearer language if they're under the impression they have the correct understanding?

• Like 3

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Dark Armor is the heavyweight champion. The best of the best of armor sets available for a tanker. It requires investment and knowledge but can be made into the ultimate force. I love my Rad tanker also but he is the silver medalist. Dark Regeneration's 30 second base heal vs 60 for Rad therapy and more importantly DR's healing does not drop off where as Rad's heal does after the first target to 25 base per target. Even factoring in particle shielding the combination of both still does not exceed the potential benefit of Dark Regeneration and one click. A second benefit of Dark is the resist set bonuses are paired up like Smashing and Lethal, Fire and Cold, Energy and NE, Toxic and Psy. Dark does not need to chase 6 slots down on sets. I tend to ignore Toxic, the least seen damage type and Psy is already capped so you get to slot 5 on quite a few purple sets freeing up for proc's. Psy damage is everywhere and not needing to do anything at all to cap it is too good. 

All that is not even factoring in Cloak of Darkness. I love to run as many defensive toggles as possible. Combat jumping, Maneuvers, Weave typically with hasten. With Dark Armor you can run 4 defensive toggles and have hasten. What that does is making picking sets bonuses far easier since hitting the soft cap in S+L and melee is quite easy. 

Cardiac is Dark's best friend. The 20% bonus to resist powers adds up to about 4% total resist and slotting the resist ATO in death shroud almost guarentees's multiple procs adding up to over 13% resist. Even with weak base energy resist (20) a DA can go 90 to all resists except Toxic. Soft cap defense easily and have the best heal in the game with soft control CC.

• Like 4

• 8 months later

I love to see threads giving dark armor some love, and plan to use some of this for my dark armor tank.  I just haven't found the right set for me to pair with Dark Armor.   I wanted to pair it with Mace attack but already had a 50 fire/mace tank that I would casual farm with.   Not the best farmer but I already have a pimped out rad/fire and ice/fire brute that I farm with.  I just like the feel of the mace set.  But wanted to do something different.

I have a 50 Invul/Street FIghting Tank and did not want to go that route.  

Back on live I used to farm with a spines/fire scrapper really do not like spines.  I know its powerful AOE but just do not like the feel of the set.

I leveled a Staff/Dark brute to 49 but while Staff helps a great deal with the endurance issue, something about Staff Set I just did not like.  It is more of a feel (animations) I think then actual numbers, but I haven't had the desire to get him to 50 and Incarnate him up.   Is it a better combo for tank than brute?

Next I had leveled a PsyMelee/Dark Tanker to 50 and liked him little more but was not enthused with PsyMelee.  

More recently I have gone with a Rad Melee/Dark Armor Tank and just got him to 50 and am starting to work on his incarnate abilities.  I like him much more, but was brutal running all the toggles from Dark Armor and adding a additional one from Rad Melee.  Though the sets do not have really a whole lot of synergy it feels fairly tough.

On live I had a 50 Ice/Stone Melee tanker that I really enjoyed, but when I remade him I went Ice/Titan Weapons brute and have him lingering somewhere in the 30's.  Haven't really enjoyed Titan Weapons.

I have a 50 elec/elec brute that I have not touched in ages.  Elec melee has some fun tricks but did not want to go that route.

I would really like to pimp out a dark armor tank and see what he can do, but just have not found/figured out the right combo for me.  

Recently I have been considering going the dark armor/claws route.  Never leveled a claws past 20.  Back in the day all the claws/regen characters just made me avoid this over the years.  I am curios how this combo is these days. How is claws on a tanker?  You never really see much on claws on the forums these days. 

Sorry to ramble on, but loving this thread so far.

I'm in the same boat as @carpenlov - trying to reimagine my old main (was a Spines/Dark scrapper), keeping the dark half of it and spinning up as a tanker. I've got him into the mid-30's paired with Savage, and I'm struggling to feel the love with it. Dunno why but Savage just doesn't feel strong enough. Trying to decide if I push through and hope Savage Leap makes it better, or if I re-roll with a different secondary. Ugh,

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

14 hours ago, carpenlov said:

How is claws on a tanker?  You never really see much on claws on the forums these days.

Claws is absolutely bonkers on a Tanker. Arguably THE big winner of the Tanker buffs.

1) Spin is the star here. Spin already broke all the math formulas - that is to say, it deals much more damage than it should and costs less endurance than it should for the recharge it has. Now, the Tanker buffs pumped this bad boy from 8 feet radius to 12 feet radius, and from 10 targets to 16 targets. Oh boy. Couple that with your Dark Armor damage aura, and you don't need any other AoE.

2) Claws has fast animating, fast recharging powers. At high levels, Claws likes to run lean attack chains like Follow Up -> Slash -> Focus -> Strike. The Tanker buffs removed Bruising from the T1 attack (Swipe in this case), in order to raise Tanker base damage. Another win for Claws: this leaves full freedom to chase the best natural attack chain.

Dark/Claws?

+ Claws is light on end

+ Claws animates fast, so you'll always be ready to tap Dark Regeneration on time

There's no cons to the combo.

Note for maximum damage output, you will want to make use of the numerous proc options available to Claws. Apoc in Focus, Achilles Heel in Slash, Hecatomb in Follow Up. Ageless is still likely the optimal strategy to sustain DA toggles coupled with Claws full blender mode; but if you pace your attacks (and eventually take Conserve Power at level 35, for exemplar friendly down to lvl 30), you should be able to get by in the lower levels too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, carpenlov said:

How is claws on a tanker?  You never really see much on claws on the forums these days. 

Nihilii already covered it perfectly but as a guy with claws/sr in all 4 melee ATs I just have to jump in with a big ol' "THIS!"

Claws is awesome. I've tried Savage multiple times but it just doesn't feel right and maybe it's *because* I've played claws for so long.

Hell, now I'm even thinking about cranking up a Dark/Claws tank. You know, to go with that new Dark/SR scrapper I need to build.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 3:41 PM, Rylas said:

Good to know. But tell me, how does one use clearer language if they're under the impression they have the correct understanding?

There is nothing wrong with what you wrote.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:26 AM, Voldine said:

Set bonuses do NOT care whether the power the set is slotted in is available or not, only proc enhancements do.

Set bonuses from regular unattuned set IOs (read: crafted, and can be converted by rarity AND by category) stop working when the toon exemplars 4 levels or more below the set enhancements' level.

Set bonuses from attuned versions of those IOs stop working when the toon exemplars 4 levels or more below the lowest possible recipe level of that IO.

Set bonuses from PvP IOs, Purple IOs, ATOs and Event-Os (all) do not care for exemplaring at all.

On 4/19/2020 at 9:58 AM, nihilii said:

Claws is absolutely bonkers on a Tanker. Arguably THE big winner of the Tanker buffs.

1) Spin is the star here. Spin already broke all the math formulas - that is to say, it deals much more damage than it should and costs less endurance than it should for the recharge it has. Now, the Tanker buffs pumped this bad boy from 8 feet radius to 12 feet radius, and from 10 targets to 16 targets. Oh boy. Couple that with your Dark Armor damage aura, and you don't need any other AoE.

2) Claws has fast animating, fast recharging powers. At high levels, Claws likes to run lean attack chains like Follow Up -> Slash -> Focus -> Strike. The Tanker buffs removed Bruising from the T1 attack (Swipe in this case), in order to raise Tanker base damage. Another win for Claws: this leaves full freedom to chase the best natural attack chain.

Dark/Claws?

+ Claws is light on end

+ Claws animates fast, so you'll always be ready to tap Dark Regeneration on time

There's no cons to the combo.

Note for maximum damage output, you will want to make use of the numerous proc options available to Claws. Apoc in Focus, Achilles Heel in Slash, Hecatomb in Follow Up. Ageless is still likely the optimal strategy to sustain DA toggles coupled with Claws full blender mode; but if you pace your attacks (and eventually take Conserve Power at level 35, for exemplar friendly down to lvl 30), you should be able to get by in the lower levels too.

Amazing info and I've been looking to make a dark armor tank.  I think claws just went to the top of the list after this and looking at it closer myself.  I wonder though on your point 2, doesn't look like swipe is that bad compared to strike (52.83 dpa vs 55.99) and it'd save a power pick not having to take both.  Seems like skipping strike (and eviscerate which I never liked the animation of) wouldn't be too bad in order to have two skippable powers of the set?

13 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

I wonder though on your point 2, doesn't look like swipe is that bad compared to strike (52.83 dpa vs 55.99) and it'd save a power pick not having to take both.  Seems like skipping strike (and eviscerate which I never liked the animation of) wouldn't be too bad in order to have two skippable powers of the set?

You're not wrong on that one. I tend to load attacks with damage procs, which makes Strike twice as good as Swipe in that regard (as base recharge and animation time influence proc rate). But on the base stats, it's just like you say, and Strike can definitely go if power picks are tight.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later

Reporting back in.

Long Hiatus, and then spending time with other characters.

Deep 30s, massive respec into a 'leveling build' that is more END stable and more offensive focused than before.  Life is far, far better - the combination of resistance and heal is carrying things for now (soft controls and defense will come later), and with my end woes cured by slotting, hes a happy little wrecking ball.

Attached below is an endgame 'survival' version of the build, that sacrifices all else in the name of that survival (while still being okay on offense).  My leveling build will probably grown into an 'all offense' build, leaning hard into recharge, damage, procs.. Im not sure what, as Ive not wrapped my head around that design space yet. 

If anyone has a suggested Dark Armor/Titan Weapons Tank Build, tweaked for maximum output (via procmonster, recharge, etc. - whatever you suggest) I would love to read it.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Balrogish: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(3), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Defensive Sweep -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-RechRes(11), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(11), GldArm-End/Res(13), GldArm-3defTpProc(13), GldArm-RechEnd(15)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- HO:Ribo(A)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal(19), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), Krm-ResKB(21), Rct-ResDam%(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 18: Cloak of Fear -- HO:Lyso(A), HO:Enzym(37)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27)
Level 24: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 26: Crushing Blow -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 30: Rend Armor -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(34)
Level 32: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Whirling Smash -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(36), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 38: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(40)
Level 41: Arc of Destruction -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43)
Level 44: Follow Through -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)
Level 49: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 1: Momentum 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
------------

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Also, a note - I think some of the deep love everyone feels for Radiation (other than it being, yannow, really really good) is that its strengths play so well to endgame, specifically the energy resists.

I do sometimes wonder if later released sets were designed with forethought towards endgame, and IO sets - they seem to be carefully crafted to work well with them.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

My favorite character right now is my DA/Stone/Earth tanktroller. I have the fears from the Presence pool to stack with Cloak of Fear plus the Vigilante fear  power. Fault, Stalagmites, and disorient proc IOs wherever I can fit them stack with Oppressive Gloom. I have the hold from Seismic Smash that stacks with Fossilize if need be.

The knockdown from Fault and Tremor keeps everyone off their feet, total overkill.

I took Vigor (whatever one is ACC, END, FEAR), and Control hybrid (the +mag controls and extra damage). The Control Hybrid with this build is very satisfying!

I have Health 4-slotted for endurance IOs, Theft of Essence proc in Dark Regen, and Performance Shifter 3-slotted in Stamina. All that plus the end discount from Vigor makes end not an issue.

I have capped Neg/Psi resist and about 75% S/L. Energy and toxic are pretty big holes in just about every DA build unfortunately. Def is around 15-20% across the board iirc. No tough or weave, I opted for upgraded cross punch instead and picked up Barrier for my Destiny slot. The control and -tohit make for plenty of mitigation.

Force feedback procs and cross punch are my main source of +rech and make hasten perma or close enough.

It's not much for damage, and it's totally against the current meta, but the total battlefield control makes it a blast to play.

In a team you can hop into a mob, shut it down, then hop to the next while your everyone finishes off the first. 

Solo is slow, but you can do an AE farm on max settings for sure.

It's an absolute aggro magnet and I usually end up with aggro on the AVs in BAF without taunting.

I'll post the build If I can get to my PC, even though it would probably be picked apart, hah.

40 minutes ago, Yellowjacket said:

My favorite character right now is my DA/Stone/Earth tanktroller. I have the fears from the Presence pool to stack with Cloak of Fear plus the Vigilante fear  power. Fault, Stalagmites, and disorient proc IOs wherever I can fit them stack with Oppressive Gloom. I have the hold from Seismic Smash that stacks with Fossilize if need be.

The knockdown from Fault and Tremor keeps everyone off their feet, total overkill.

I took Vigor (whatever one is ACC, END, FEAR), and Control hybrid (the +mag controls and extra damage). The Control Hybrid with this build is very satisfying!

I have Health 4-slotted for endurance IOs, Theft of Essence proc in Dark Regen, and Performance Shifter 3-slotted in Stamina. All that plus the end discount from Vigor makes end not an issue.

I have capped Neg/Psi resist and about 75% S/L. Energy and toxic are pretty big holes in just about every DA build unfortunately. Def is around 15-20% across the board iirc. No tough or weave, I opted for upgraded cross punch instead and picked up Barrier for my Destiny slot. The control and -tohit make for plenty of mitigation.

Force feedback procs and cross punch are my main source of +rech and make hasten perma or close enough.

It's not much for damage, and it's totally against the current meta, but the total battlefield control makes it a blast to play.

In a team you can hop into a mob, shut it down, then hop to the next while your everyone finishes off the first. 

Solo is slow, but you can do an AE farm on max settings for sure.

It's an absolute aggro magnet and I usually end up with aggro on the AVs in BAF without taunting.

I'll post the build If I can get to my PC, even though it would probably be picked apart, hah.

I'm doing a very similar thing with my Dark/Elec, Currently (hah!) at 42. Presence pool > Cloak > Vigilante for fears, Oppressive Gloom > Thunder Strike for stuns. Also looking forward ti Vigor, tho I'm considering the other side of Control hybrid to add some much-needed immobilization, plus more stuns.

I'd be very interested in seeing what you've done, as I have diddly-poop for recharge (but I suspect somewhat beefier res/defs). Mine spoilered below for reference.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Crimson Shroud: Level 50 Technology Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Power Pool: Presence
Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(A), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(3), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(5), OvrFrc-End/Rech(13), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(33), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 1: Charged Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(15), CaloftheS-Heal%(21)
Level 2: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(46)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(36), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(37), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Mrc-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- Krm-Def/Rchg(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 12: Cloak of Darkness -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), ShlWal-Def(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 14: Provoke -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Thunder Strike -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(17), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Arm-Dam%(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 18: Cloak of Fear -- UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx(A), UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear(19), UnsTrr-Acc/Rchg(25), UnsTrr-Stun%(34), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg(46)
Level 20: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Havoc Punch -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Acc/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Hct-Dam%(34)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Oppressive Gloom -- RzzDzz-Immob%(A)
Level 28: Chain Induction -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(36)
Level 30: Intimidate -- UnsTrr-Acc/Rchg(A), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg(42), UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear(48)
Level 32: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 35: Invoke Panic -- UnsTrr-Acc/Rchg(A), UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx(36), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg(42), UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear(42), UnsTrr-Stun%(50)
Level 38: Lightning Rod -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(40)
Level 41: Soul Transfer -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 44: Unrelenting -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def(48), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
Level 50: Control Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Vigor Radial Paragon
Level 50: Spectral Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Storm Elemental Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1533;738;1476;HEX;|
		|78DA6594494F136118C7DF69A7404B59BBB1152815BB41A1EAC52DC6B029D204848|
		|3B76652C7D230CC906949E068E27A32F1E2D54FE0C18BBB9E3DB81070C7ED03A026|
		|2EE8C1D48779FEA1984E5A7E7DFFF3ECEFFB925E1A76DF183B7B4448EE214D29143|
		|2338A3EA79AAE19353BAB1B9A915B16F4D40F99F9F982A1774FCF9AC6E2E96A925A|
		|D93033AC9E51F5829A1C56CCB9CC5173DE308378935635554D8E686AB668E6B38AC|
		|682704F1A86969C509585BC9E6BB2166945CF2F2C6A4A316FE87596329ACFCD16E9|
		|7D2DAFB4ADA56764219F4D8EE8AA995BCEA495425135975BA892047D6F39E98FB45|
		|56AC9213ED88548C9C2F691297F62BADF33BBD799BB3E339F34083C25594C127A64|
		|5135C5744D33EB4F32BD8F25CBE736E593904FFA897C9BC8F703F97E23DF2F66FF1|
		|FE61DF2B5C3D70EDF2AD8D6C3B719B1FA02641894456A0FAFEF92AF837D6D0EF87A|
		|E1DB0FDF7B64536D0DA3E4A86EB65BFE613F7AF68201C41F25BB08F118D34F5BEB4|
		|47CE7A6B07C5D7F9991EFEC739FE2D7B28DBD7694B5B6E3E0387A3E8135C5ABE3D9|
		|8ABA3661692B34EF06CCBBE190CDD21AF78307989D87C183CC0794B38973CA4D2B3|
		|C93E6E7CC9667CCD01AB37F9519A0DC1EE4F6AC739CA794D887DCBE086BFE281863|
		|B6C499A104D3467102881328D1231E5235AD5C8D685DE26CAB14B99DAD1CED2FB9F|
		|B8E57E06B66E71B66E82D33FC8ED94E1982EC6B0BA29B18BA18409776B2E9C2D4BB|
		|B0F371EC7C1C3B1FC7A9E920DB1E74D98378E195FFE3C6103785A9BDA0FA7B517FE|
		|F39D98AB3FB3C7801BCC88C5C022F331FD13CA2985074836BB842C112985122C13B|
		|2F535D49F490C4C919C0C919C0C9498D319D643B08FF411FDFBA0E79FBA6D2676B2|
		|762F2F6BD2FC52BDE0E5628A90A656F85B2AF4299A8502665A42545B2146723DD6A|
		|564A1BAEEDFF0E420A73EF5FCB9A2485B8C79A71BE755F76DA47D9FEDB4EFB6B7C1|
		|26BAE326FD2E6A690ABCF4BBF31017FA0AC9FDAF17BCA57B6B9EE29EBFF00676F06|
		|70|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Im really curious to hear back on the soft-control experiences.  Is there anything that would otherwise kill you that the soft control lets you survive?  If so, what?  My expectation is if it helps anywhere, it will help with the energy damage/def debuff crowd (Im looking at you, P.P.D.)

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute