Invuln/EM 'Survival Exercise' Request for Assistance

marcussmythe

The idea is to make a third build for an Invuln/Energy Melee character as tough as possible, while retaining enough QOL to render play enjoyable (it does not matter how good the character, if it is not fun, it will not be played - Ive an existing Single-Target-Damage Focused build that sacrifices its travel power for damage - I may shed a little bit of damage to get Flight back!)

The easy answer, use other power sets, is taken as given.  DM would give a heal.  MArts would give DEF.  Stone would be far tougher, Willpower has 3 layers built in, and Radiation carries large absorb shields.  But I want to see how far we can take this chassis.

While QoL is needed, serious AOE and Single Target Offense are not drivers - Id like enough to contribute, but this will be the third build on a 3 build character - existing builds take care of the need for exemplar, AOE, and Single Target duties.

Build spoiler-ed below:

Features:

Resists (with 1 Proc of the Tanker ATO)

90%:  S/L/E/N

61.2% F/C

52.2% T

55.79% Psi

Defense: (with 1 foe in Invincibility Range)

48.2% S/L/F/C

46.4% E/N

23.8 Psi

26.3% Melee

25.4% Range

26.3% AOE

(With invincibility saturated)

64.2% S/L/F/C

62.3% E/N

Middling Debuff Resists, growing out of Invuln.  Slotting takes Rchg and Run resists to 70% - would like to get that to 90, but I do not see where I would give things up.

Unstoppable present for last-ditch emergency - Toxic or heavy F/C

Void Radial - Damage Debuff

Parlytic Radial - Damage Debuff

Longbow Radial - Healing (healing was felt more valuable than an additional small DEF Buff)

Rebirth Radial - Additional Healing

Melee Core- Additional healing and res (With saturted Melee Core and a single ATO proc, secondary resists climb to 78% Toxic, 81% Psi, and 87% F/C - others overcap)

QoL:  Travel Power (Flight) plus Afterburner as well as one AOE and several fully slotted attacks.  (These powers also provide useful set bonuses and mules, and even afterburner thus contributes. Futher, afterburner can be used to spike DEF to near incarnate softcap, even with 0 targets in range)

Concerns/Roads not Taken:

I fiddled with a 'layered survival clickies' approach involving Rune of Protection interleaved with the Rebirth (or Barrier!) and Melee, but I expect it will be more survivable if I am giving myself less opportunities to misclick

Soul APP was considered for additional -Damage, but I felt the loss of the -RCHG resist IO in flight, as well as the additional RCHG lost with the Afterburner Mule slot, was not worth the price.  Alternatively, Flight or Afterburner might be returned to that version at the cost of Unstoppable.  - but see QoL concerns.  Best alternate version might be to drop Unstoppable and Afterburner (accepting the loss of some recharge and psi resist) to pick up Soul Tentacles for an AOE Immob and Darkest Night for the -30% Damage - which SHOULD stack with the -DAM from Void and Paralytic to comfortable numbers

Problem Situations look like they will be (as always) really PSI heavy elements - 26% Positionals and ~50% resist is not very good.  On the other hand, psi damage is not all that common, as well as Toxic (even more vulnerable).  I THINK Melee and Rebirth will carry me through those, but I am not certain - if anyone has more experience than me with what it takes to tank the sewers portion of Apex, please let me know!  Im also (of course) concerned with debuffing, but I THINK the combination of very high resists and defenses will cut down on debuffs landing and causing cascade failures.  All that said, Ageless -Debuff Resistance may be a backup option.

So, in essence - what am I leaving cheap on the floor?  Do you think the payback on dropping Unstoppable and Afterburner for (and their attendant RCHG and Psi Resist - the Afterburner Scaling Resist would relocate somewhere else, at the loss of a LOTG) is worth it to pick up Darkest Night, with its END Cost?  What do you anticipate of the various endgame high-threat circumstances being a problem, that I have overlooked?

Version 1 (As above)

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Invulnerability
Secondary Power Set: Energy Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), ImpArm-ResPsi(31)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), ImpArm-ResPsi(31)
Level 4: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 6: Resist Elements -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), ImpArm-ResPsi(34)
Level 8: Unyielding -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), ImpArm-ResPsi(34)
Level 10: Energy Punch -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(11)
Level 12: Resist Energies -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(36)
Level 14: Bone Smasher -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(25)
Level 16: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(A)
Level 18: Invincibility -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), ShlWal-Def(21), Ksm-ToHit+(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 28: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), Ags-Psi/Status(46)
Level 32: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 35: Energy Transfer -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(42)
Level 38: Hover -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 41: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 44: Afterburner -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 49: Unstoppable -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46), PwrTrns-+Heal(50), PwrTrns-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Paralytic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
------------

Version 2 (Darkest Night)

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), ImpArm-ResPsi(31)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), ImpArm-ResPsi(31)
Level 4: Dull Pain -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 6: Resist Elements -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), ImpArm-ResPsi(34)
Level 8: Unyielding -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), ImpArm-ResPsi(34)
Level 10: Energy Punch -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(11)
Level 12: Resist Energies -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(36)
Level 14: Bone Smasher -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(25)
Level 16: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(A)
Level 18: Invincibility -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), ShlWal-Def(21), Ksm-ToHit+(36), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 28: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), Ags-Psi/Status(46), ImpArm-ResPsi(46)
Level 32: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 35: Energy Transfer -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(42)
Level 38: Hover -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 41: Soul Tentacles -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 44: Darkest Night -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 49: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46), PwrTrns-+Heal(50), PwrTrns-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Paralytic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
------------

Edited by marcussmythe
  • Like 1

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

46 minutes ago, marcussmythe said:

I THINK Melee and Rebirth will carry me through [Apex Sewers], but I am not certain - if anyone has more experience than me with what it takes to tank the sewers portion of Apex, please let me know!

Toxic res is king given the autohit aura from the pylons, then enough absorb/regen/healing and HP to handle everything long enough. Given that you're starting at 52% T res with just one proc, Melee will bump that up to 68%. Fairly respectable starting range with tanker HP. Then we have to consider additional targets boosting Melee, potential double and triple stacks of ATO, and your Shield Wall and Reactive procs bumping RES further as life gets lower.

From experience with different characters soloing/duoing Apex, ~75% res + capped defense + a standard "Reconstruction"-type heal on ~1600 to ~2400 HP will let me survive reliably, with care. At ~90% res and on tanker HP, death requires a personal mistake.

I feel your build has enough mitigation tools to handle Apex sewers; then again, it is easy to underestimate the negative effect of ET's -HP. I have several Dark Armor tankers, and I put them all through Apex. On a standard DA tanker the pylons are never an issue, but I've actually died on the DA/EM.

But even if it turned out your Tanker can't quite handle that part, it is such a specific scenario. Unless you're determined to make it work without insps, I'd save a couple oranges for the sewers. Going from 70% to 90% only takes 2 small insps and cuts the damage to a third.

Thank you for the feedback!

Energy Transfer Self-Damage adds up FAST in a heavy combat situation - not so much that it kills you, but that it absorbs so much of the regen that would otherwise be spent keeping your health stable.

That said, it is nowhere written that Energy Transfer has to be used every time it is off cooldown!  Other attacks should hold aggro just fine in a team situaiton (indeed, given its casting time, I often avoid Energy Transfer when team tanking - I hate the way it slows my ability to react to changing conditions).  So it would mostly be an issue if trying to solo those TFs - Not sure if thats a thing that will happen, although Page 6 may change the space of what is possible.

Any thoughts on the additional psi resist and recharge (version 1) vs the Darkest Night (version 2) approach?  My gut tells me to accept the loss of Afterburner and Unstoppable (as valuable mules and as a final Oh-No-Do-Or-Die button) in exchange for the heavy -DAM debuff out of Darkest Night, but Im not certain.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

2 hours ago, marcussmythe said:

I may shed a little bit of damage to get Flight back!

Never shed anything for Flight. Get a Jet Pack from P2W and call it good. You can buy up to 30 hours worth of flight time between the 6 jet pack variants 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I find flight an excellent place for the RCHG Resist Winter-O, and along with Hover opens the road to Afterburner as another LOTG mule - but yes, if you want to press the performance envelope, 'able to fly under their own power' is a bad character concept.

Amusingly, if they would just get rid of the graphics of the jetpacks, or have an option to do so, I could live with it.  🙂

• Like 1

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

1 hour ago, marcussmythe said:

I find flight an excellent place for the RCHG Resist Winter-O, and along with Hover opens the road to Afterburner as another LOTG mule - but yes, if you want to press the performance envelope, 'able to fly under their own power' is a bad character concept.

Amusingly, if they would just get rid of the graphics of the jetpacks, or have an option to do so, I could live with it.  🙂

That is certainly the exception. Travel Powers make for excellent mules. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Okay, you've posted some decent numbers for Def/Res.
But you've skimped on attacks.  Lowering your kill speed.  Making your survival numbers even more important.

So, in the end, I'm not sure the numbers you're putting up are actually more effective.

I'm also going to reiterate my basic opinion that tossing Maneuvers onto an Invuln Tank indicates you've failed to properly consider your build.

CAN you do it?  Sure.  There's no One True Way.

But, in my opinion (and I can be wrong, but it's MY opinion), it's a goof.

Here's a somewhat indifferent stab at the same thing, which I did last year.

Defense: 52/50/54 SL/EN/FC with zero enemies in range.

Resists: 90/59/76/55/24 SL/EN/FC/Tox/Psi

And yes, I have Hover/Fly in there.  And yes, I'm mule-ing them.  And they're essentially inactive on the build 
They're mainly in there because there wasn't really anything else terribly useful.  Maybe go for Teleport instead, so I can Recall Friend?

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Strong And Pretty: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Pyre Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- RctArm-ResDam:40(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(3), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg:40(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(5), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(5)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(11)
Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(15)
Level 4: Bone Smasher -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg:50(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech:50(19), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End:50(19), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech:50(21), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech:50(21), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(23)
Level 6: Dull Pain -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(23)
Level 8: Resist Elements -- RctArm-ResDam:40(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(25), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg:40(25), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(27)
Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%:50(A)
Level 12: Unyielding -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29)
Level 14: Resist Energies -- RctArm-ResDam:40(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(31), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg:40(31), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(33)
Level 16: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc:50(34)
Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(36), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(36)
Level 20: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(37)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(39), Rct-ResDam%:50(39)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(39)
Level 30: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(40)
Level 35: Energy Transfer -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(40), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(42)
Level 38: Total Focus -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(43), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(45), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc:50(45)
Level 41: Char -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold:50(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg:50(45), SprEnt-End/Rchg:50(46), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End:50(46), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg:50(46), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc:50(48)
Level 44: Fire Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg:50(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(50), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(50), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc:50(50)
Level 47: Fly -- Frb-Stlth:50(A)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(15), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(17)
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1473;676;1352;HEX;|
|78DA6594D96F125114C6EF3083C826604B694BA1942E74D111D477636C356A49483|
|0BE36637B4522199A018D3C9A589737AD1A5F5CDFDCFF017D70FD07B4DAD6DD3FC0|
|2551E392183C70BED0C499407FCC77EEE1BBDFE95CB247C67D77771CDD2214DFB69|
|251A94CED31CC83D272668D42715AD015CA57ADB259486C356712394B56AB3517A9|
|715E36352EF74BB322F59DE6E14325535AC6BE62A958AD75A19C952529F5092A146|
|A7C23FCB972B9A46F2F160E548B66C1D7BC9B94C62CDD789A37F9592967BCBCAAD4|
|58169A982D4EEBB99A25A7B246A52AAD5A27ED2045EF676EFAA3347659D744923EA|
|434E18883BD4CAD0FDCA80A91D1C46A4FABC7295EB2B66A115CC29A65F015D3F39A|
|F99CFC14F829DF51FBC1F4FD047F31D7FC469DFC54C17EEA1BD6D6BE05DF31DBDF8|
|31F981D1F990BE4E7E45EC59955B89667BEA09A8BF7A2BA90BD13D93B91BD1BD9BD|
|B407377F8F70571CCDFE7B234278D1EF45966E64E941961E6459A4663F72FBE1158|
|7571C5E71782522C418CD813C03C81DB8A835BF277109BCCCECBB025E05AF3197C8|
|2FC47E8E5098F3F6B783BB794F0E7A0CDB90A96D8E33A9A4855953C3C8D48F4C03C|
|834804C1AAD8DB0871281C7003C96C9BF0BFE5DA80DA136F40DFF23EA8FA23FFADF|
|9A08D562D85B2CCAEB93A4F5627DEF98686A293040B34A6256C9633C83D41C789C3|
|972023C099E6206A97710BD83A7591B3D03CE836799EBCE81E73167DADA30CEC2F0|
|03D41E32D73F021F834F981B9E321B47640CBE63D751BB01DE64666E81B7C13B4C2|
|FCD42C77CF4BF3C333769696869CCB34713B8EAF4A24B8C68ADD35B1FB555D33625|
|635336D994CD3665D2A6E434D892A2341577B075AEEB9F3CADDF0554BFAC280EA50|
|FBF087B395570179F94CFB6AEAF2B8AA25CE0673A38CFBC4F0F7B067E7F3AE833A6|
|F00F15F7F5A7|

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Thats an interesting approach.  I considered going in even bigger time on DEF (as you do), but I really wanted to cap out REnrgy.  Now, its possible that the extra DEF past softcap with one in range will hold off cascades more reliably (as my approach is barely past softcap at 1 in range, and invuln needs its buffer as it only has 50% Resistance to DEF Debuffs), but even if the DEF gets debuffed and/or the autohit debuffs come in, Im just more comfortable having higher resists to psi and nrg.  

As for damage out - a rough read suggests your approach is going to put out slightly more damage before buildup comes in.  Might be worth it.  I may kick the tires on both versions on test.  I could match it by dropping EP from rotation and picking up TF, centralizing slots in one more heavily slotted attack - but it would cost me one of the Energy Resists that I was chasing - and I am always uncomfortable having 'hang in the air for a week' in my rotation.  Too much can go wrong during that animation.

Still, interesting points, and I may well do both versions on test and see which works better for me.

Edited by marcussmythe

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

3 hours ago, marcussmythe said:

Thats an interesting approach.  I considered going in even bigger time on DEF (as you do), but I really wanted to cap out REnrgy.  Now, its possible that the extra DEF past softcap with one in range will hold off cascades more reliably (as my approach is barely past softcap at 1 in range, and invuln needs its buffer as it only has 50% Resistance to DEF Debuffs), but even if the DEF gets debuffed and/or the autohit debuffs come in, Im just more comfortable having higher resists to psi and nrg.  

As for damage out - a rough read suggests your approach is going to put out slightly more damage before buildup comes in.  Might be worth it.  I may kick the tires on both versions on test.  I could match it by dropping EP from rotation and picking up TF, centralizing slots in one more heavily slotted attack - but it would cost me one of the Energy Resists that I was chasing - and I am always uncomfortable having 'hang in the air for a week' in my rotation.  Too much can go wrong during that animation.

Still, interesting points, and I may well do both versions on test and see which works better for me.

Tanker (Invulnerability - Energy Melee).mxd

This is my take on Invul/EM - its based on my EM/Invul Brute and my Invul/SS tank

As far as survival goes, this build is unkillable and resistances are balanced pretty well to where you can face anything with ease - even psionic is almost as high as everything else - you really have to try to die with this build.  theres nothing wrong with having Energy and Neg energy res capped like you do - but you really dont need it because Invul is a hybrid setup res/defense - Especially if you get your melee defense where my build is there and thats without hover on which if you ever did need it (unlikely) its there, and once invincibility saturates you are going to be past the soft cap in every category. Also if you look at invincibilty if you put the gaussian proc in Invinc it procs by enemy affected by Invinc in range so you will do more damage off Gaussian procing more often.

As far as incarnates go, you have dull pain - you dont really need rebirth, so I always go ageless radial because it increases recharge, and also DDR further making it harder to cascade you or drain you.

Anywho this is how i would do it, based on two rock solid builds that never fail me.

On a side note, i wonder if the damage figures for tank EM are a bit off in MIDS, they seem high for barrage and ET -  its higher than my brute Numbers at 100% fury according to MIDS.

Edited by Infinitum

Thank you, Infinitium!  Thats another interesting take.. going long on broad resist base, and not bothering with 'one in range' softcap.

What I think is really interesting is this gives us essentially 3 approachs to Invuln.. Ive got a 4th, Incarnate Softcap with 1 in range, but its exotic resist are sooo terrible... and I cant say for certain which one is 'best'.. only that all of them would be largely immune to the game as it now exists.  

Cool stuff.

Edited by marcussmythe

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

4 hours ago, marcussmythe said:

Okay, I can respect that.

4 hours ago, marcussmythe said:

Considering how high Defenses are, you could drop one of the Pool blasts, still be above soft-cap at 0-enemies, and have some left-over slots with which to buff Psi Resist.

Quick rework

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Strong And Pretty: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- RctArm-ResDam:40(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(3), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg:40(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(5), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(5), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(7)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(11)
Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(15), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(17)
Level 4: Bone Smasher -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg:50(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech:50(21), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End:50(21), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech:50(23), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech:50(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(25)
Level 6: Dull Pain -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(25)
Level 8: Resist Elements -- RctArm-ResDam:40(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(27), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg:40(27), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(29), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(29)
Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%:50(A)
Level 12: Unyielding -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(33)
Level 14: Resist Energies -- RctArm-ResDam:40(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(33), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg:40(33), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(34)
Level 16: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx:50(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc:50(37)
Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(37)
Level 20: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(40)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(40), Rct-ResDam%:50(40)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(42)
Level 30: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(42)
Level 35: Energy Transfer -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg:50(42), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(43), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(45)
Level 38: Total Focus -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(46), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc:50(46)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg:50(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(50), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc:50(50)
Level 44: Build Up -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(50)
Level 47: Fly -- Frb-Stlth:50(A)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(17), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(19)
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1479;684;1368;HEX;|
|78DA6594596F125114C7EFC020652BD096D29696CDB6945647509F7C316AABB1968|
|404E32B417A45E26468606AE4D1C4BABC69D5F8E2FAE6FE05F453B8B575F703B824|
|6A5C1283A79C7F5AE34C801FF77FCEB9FF7B0E33E44E4C7A1FEE3BB95328DE3D7AA|
|9D1281E2C19C764DD912B55AA654157B060D66B4625BECB988DE7EBD2349B4E52A3|
|9C569C9447A4D190DA7EE3F8BC6EC87AE97055AF9ACD7E84735297529BA240A5C90|
|BE1CBD76ABAB6B75A396A568D8AB7BD9A91A5395AB8DB8BC29C94B31ECED257D3C2|
|5373D5B2B6BB3E6FCA62A136AF1773A58629EBCD3E3A478ADE4F5CF4A1AC9EB5E51|
|049FA9252852D0AC6986A02DC6A1722AB8A0D695E77B8FFA97D81D812B363195C61|
|BA5F82AF984FC95741ADF28D35EF77F007B3F327F88B1980AF9B7CED826BEDAF39D|
|6F3067CCBEC7D07BE67F67D603E235F07D72A8E9CC2B102F339C59C7C26D589590C|
|60160398C520663188B378E82C2EDE4FB81AB6F63E8FD24278B08F07BD45D15B14B|
|D45D15B1CFB2CD1263ED4F8E01D87771CDE097827C2C4219A1379FB3107FF55B5BD|
|5FE21A73E375F0067893397C8BB94C7E41F6B30543DCFF700F7880CF66A39BB51BB|
|D752F706F76D242ACD943E86D14BD8DA2B751F4A6526E983D94303C52F05821FF7E|
|F8F7FF174B7DC56F47F511D4479093464E98624338DB5084F393A4C5901F9B109C0|
|FFA695649CC2A798A67905E608E9F06CF8067999BCE3103543B82DA91F3885D0017|
|999B2F8297C0CBCC321D6D0CB563B759DB7207BC0BDE6366EF830F989DE43B817B7|
|5620741B58B2CE8A15E35F4AFFDE199B848CB40CB605E83AAC0D5A2175D22ADAE3D|
|B5AD714B346351B216659B45D96E51662C4A5E852D294A5B7105D69EE3D647F7DAF|
|F01A29FD7159B92C03FC021EEAA6B9A9F844F96AA2FEB8AA25CE17BB66B91F9986E|
|E62CFC7EF7D2774CE12F846BF2C8|

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

Tanker (Invulnerability - Energy Melee).mxd 5.63 kB · 1 download

As far as survival goes, this build is unkillable...

NOTHING is "unkillable".

Sorry if that comes across as "ball busting".

Perhaps, against carefully picked or engineered enemies, your chances of dying approach "none".

But the build exposes various soft spots as the number of enemies drops.

20 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

NOTHING is "unkillable".

Sorry if that comes across as "ball busting".

Perhaps, against carefully picked or engineered enemies, your chances of dying approach "none".

But the build exposes various soft spots as the number of enemies drops.

Yeah, its unkillable, Im not even afraid to say it.  I could even demonstrate it. 

the weak link in Invul is Psi and I covered that as well as every other damage type.

Being a tank its melee and i have almost 50 % melee defense with sufficient DDR to make sure it doesnt cascade, 

Energy, Negative, Fire, Cold, Toxic - All covered

Even as Invincibility loses saturation, the enemies combined damage also goes down - damage output will finish the job - not that it would ever be an issue anyway.

And then there is Dull pain - combined with Ageless is perma.  Capped HP and the healing factor to go with it - throw on top the static regen bonus from melee core

And then there is melee core - which i dont ever use - is there if i needed it.  and then i am res capped on most damage types - and within a few % points of the ones i am not -  combined with all the above its just not able to be killed.

I suppose the Battle Maiden blue blades of death could kill it but only if i forget how the arrow keys on my keyboard work.

Yeah this build is unkillable.

Edited by Infinitum

2 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

I'm sorry, but 50-60% Resist is still inferior to 45% Defense.  Demonstrably and mathematically.

Good thing im at 69% on Psi and over 70 on the rest then  🙂  Not to mention the 49% Melee defense, and fully saturated Invincibility 69 s/l 50 En Neg, 60 fire cold.

Unsaturated invinc means theres only one or two left when the resistance and melee defense takes over - and im still pretty darn high with unsaturated Invinc. 54 s/l 34 en neg 44 fire cold.

That handles any single or two enemy group you could come across and then some - and again Melee core static regen bonus - and melee core if i ever needed it to nearly cap all resistances - but i have never needed it.

Like i said its unkillable because the mitigation is layered so there is not one single point of failure that doesnt have a backup.

Oh and dull pain.  yep dull pain capped HP and increased healing factor thats perma.

Just ran a test of how often Energy punch can proc the might of the tanker and within 5 uses in normal combat i was nearly res capped on everything.

Its a reliable proc in other words.

And im more than a little sick now that i made this as a brute and not a tank, so a re rolling i will go  🙂 

She is a gloriously reliable proc and that whole set usually rides in Energy Punch on my generic builds.  

Its nuts... we may be making Energy Melee a Thing Again...

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

15 minutes ago, marcussmythe said:

She is a gloriously reliable proc and that whole set usually rides in Energy Punch on my generic builds.  

Its nuts... we may be making Energy Melee a Thing Again...

Homecoming stated they are looking at updating EM also so I would say the sky is the limit at this point.

Unless that is 2020 continues to go off the rails hunger games style and we have an invasion of grizzlygators or Hummingspiders.

3 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Homecoming stated they are looking at updating EM also so I would say the sky is the limit at this point.

Unless that is 2020 continues to go off the rails hunger games style and we have an invasion of grizzlygators or Hummingspiders.

And on Monday...

2020-Monday.png.b5d94a75580df55b32306645bcc0c7bb.png

• Haha 1