5 Things to Encourage Conventional Leveling

Kraqule

On 7/4/2020 at 2:20 PM, plainguy said:

Yes they could have moved on but they just had to express their contempt. 

To be fair, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how ignorant or dumb those opinions may be.  People seem to forget others have different goals in playing.  I think it is great that you are looking for others with a similar concept build to team with.  I wish you good luck and good fun!

I am jumping into this thread late and this may have already been mentioned but the biggest issue with low-level content is that we've all run it 100 times. As long as making a PL account and PLing my alts is faster, I will do that. In order to match the XP gain from dragging an alt into AE with my Rad/Fire farmer they'd have to increase the XP rate by... 15x, and give me tons of rare salvage and recipes and a giant stack of merits.

Really if you want people to stop farming and PL'ing, you have to turn off AE. The amount of materials generated by farmers on the market though is substantial and killing off AE would seriously hurt the availability of items on there.

• Like 1

Just a gentle reminder that farming was A Thing long, long before AE existed. 'Several of the maps from Unai's arc are classics for that. Harvey's Praetorian demons mission.... That kind of thing... Killing AE, or removing the drops and XP from AE arcs, *would not* kill farming or power-leveling. It would just move we farming types back to our "old school" practice of held mission maps. So, yeah. Aside from ticking a lot of people off, it also wouldn't get the anti-farming league the results they want.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 6

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Coyotedancer has it exactly right. All you'd hear is council farm, demon farm, etc. just like in the old days. The only difference is that lowbies wouldn't have to swim around PI and hope they found a mentor.

Honestly, I think the "get merits for joining and completing a story arc" idea is worth looking at. We already have the simul-complete option. Expand that so you have the option to start the arc if you're there at the start, too. (Yes, technical limitations, what if you've outleveled, are you locked until you're done, etc. would all need to be answered.) It's one thing if you're helping out on a quick, 10 minute, 3 merit arc - oh well, grab the zone badges and you've made more merits. It's another if you're helping out on one of the larger slog-through arcs. You're putting in the time, you should get some degree of reward.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.