Witchcaster

Should One Person be allowed to control AH prices?

Which person?  What items?  Going to need proof of that happening.  That said, blame for any inflation/price gouging/insane pricing will inevitably be laid at the feet of farmers, and not the people who gleefully toot about generating billions of inf in no time flat simply by playing the market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Indom 50s: Burner Account (Fire/FF Ctrl) | Dr. Unconventional (Ill/Dark Ctrl) | Lawn Boy (Plant/Nat Ctrl) | Magma Lad (Fire/Kin Ctrl) | Metcalf (Grav/Kin Ctrl) | IcyBM (Ice/Trap Ctrl) | Jim With The Weather (Ice/Storm Ctrl) | Dr. Jonas (Mind/Poison Ctrl) | Coldwire (Elec/Cold Ctrl) | Pyrotoxin (Fire/Poison Ctrl) | Barry Mantle-o (Earth/Poison Ctrl) | Voltswagen (Dark/EA Ctrl) | Time Vampire (Grav/Time Ctrl) | Tootboy (Fire/FF Ctrl) | Polarrhoid (Ice/TA Ctrl) | LoLEnEn (En/En Blast) | Draw (Rad/Rad Def) | Destroyo (Bots/Trap MM) | Con Carne (Rad/Bio Brute) | Senor Smoke (Rad/Fire Brute) | Something Else (TW/Bio Scrap) | Thermador (Rad/Fire Brute) | Electrovox (EA/Son Def) Danzigawatt (Demons/EA MM) | Ohm Skillet (Fire/EA Ctrl) | Obscured Face Guy (Dark/Storm Ctrl) | Negative Feedback (EA/Dark Def) | Overspray (Fire/Storm Ctrl) Spacegrass (Fire/Nat Ctrl) Embarrassing Wetness (Water/EA Corr) Weather Permitting (Ill/Storm Ctrl) Herr Fryer (Fire/Traps Ctrl) Rainiac (Grav/Storm Ctrl) more on the way...

yes, though unlikely. markets require buyers and sellers.

with convertors folks can get what they want relatively easily.

• Like 1

Is it I?  I'm probably the most likely culprit, but artificially setting prices really isn't in my wheelhouse.  I was smart enough early on in HC to realize that you cannot keep supply from entering the market thanks to seeding, converters, etc., and it's way too expensive to buy everyone else's supply and resell or delete it.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

1 hour ago, roleki said:

people who gleefully toot about generating billions of inf in no time flat simply by playing the market.

Playing the market does not generate inf. Playing the market trades existing inf between characters, and in the process destroys a portion of that inf via fees. Defeating enemies, completing missions, and otherwise playing game content generates inf.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Witchcaster said:

"Should One Person be allowed to control AH prices?"

Because they do.

If you think that is what is happening share with us what you item(s) you think are being controlled and people will immediately jump in to correct the outlier or demonstrate you are likely mistaken.

If you are noticing something going for an absurdly high price, for example the Miracle unique, it could also be the result of a long standing display bug in the AH last 5 screen.

• Like 3

The Rumors that Nemesis is manipulating the Auction house are completely and utterly false!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Ashington said:

The Rumors that Nemesis is manipulating the Auction house are completely and utterly false!

Ahh, yes. There's no possible way Nemesis could be THAT clever...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Mender Silos

Leader of Ouroboros

July Event Info: Derek's Disaster!

1 hour ago, roleki said:

That said, blame for any inflation/price gouging/insane pricing will inevitably be laid at the feet of farmers, and not the people who gleefully toot about generating billions of inf in no time flat simply by playing the market.

Oh, that is certainly I.  Toot freaking toot!

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

2 hours ago, Witchcaster said:

Because they do.

I'm sorry.... But...

Is everyone ready for it...

That's not how economics works.

But on the seriouslies, no one person can. Well except @Jimmy.

And Nemesis.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Witchcaster said:

Because they do.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Witchcaster said:

Because they do.

Most of the auction houses I walk into have at least 3 NPCs controlling the prices ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Control the market? No. Play the market? Yes.

Since the AH came into being on live I've probably made myself around 15-20 billion doing essentially day trading.

On HC, I've scaled back as the prices for IOs are significantly lower than they were on live, to probably only have made around 3-5 billion influence.

I willing to entertain claims that they're an actual problem, but there needs more documentation than a "Because they do" assertation.

Details. 

• What exactly were you wanting to buy?
  • What led you to conclude that one individual controlled the price.
  • Even naming no names, do you have a specific individual in mind?  If not, how can you say it's one person controlling the price.

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

• Even naming no names, do you have a specific individual in mind?  If not, how can you say it's one person controlling the price.

I wish it was me!

3 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

Of course its a nemesis plot. I thought you knew?

No, no. This is a Nemesis plot.

angryband.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:00 PM, Witchcaster said:

Because they do.

Yes.

But only if it's me.

Which it isn't.

So . . . no.

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 4:24 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

Playing the market does not generate inf. Playing the market trades existing inf between characters, and in the process destroys a portion of that inf via fees. Defeating enemies, completing missions, and otherwise playing game content generates inf.

This one has to be shown again for emphasis.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Like anyone can control the market when a fix price cap is applied to everything due to reward merit vendor. not to mention being about to convert to attuned, or choose the level you want for the io etc. Homecoming has effectively put so many changes and artificial items on the market no one is going to truly be able to control it.

• Like 1