Announcement: AI assistance has been added to Mid's Reborn

magicjtv

Looking to get the most out of your build but don't know where to turn? Try the new Artificial Intelligence wizards now built into Mid's.

You can find the guide here and join in on the discussion here.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ridiculously cool. It's fascinating to read through your summaries and explanations and picture the immense amount of work that goes into building an AI that can... build; also gives me an appreciation for the sum of "intuitive" knowledge we take for granted when it comes to truly minmaxing. Artificial brains and human brains are both beautiful things. I for one welcome our Robot Woman Overlords.

• Like 1

I get errors (and can't post in the discussion thread?) as soon as I try to launch, so that's unfortunate.

Primarily, "could not find a part of the path d:\src\dotnet\hero-designer\output\power.json

I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

I get errors (and can't post in the discussion thread?) as soon as I try to launch, so that's unfortunate.

Primarily, "could not find a part of the path d:\src\dotnet\hero-designer\output\power.json

I

I'm sorry, I forgot to take out my testing code. It should be fixed now. Try this link.

Can't wait to try this, but it is going to make me sad when AI builds more +Rech into a build than I already packed into it by hand.  All my hours... gone!

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Okay, not sure if it is WAI.  I had a staff/inv brute with all the power picks and slots portioned out but nothing filled in.  Ran the bonus wizard electing top to bottom looking for defense (all) then recharge time.  For some reason it moved 4 extra slots to stamina but left them empty, so six slots in stamina but only 2 filled.  Many other powers were also empty which leaves me room to futz with more bonus stuffs but why would it move 4 empty slots to stamina?

Still a fascinating tool that will definitely help me as I learn sets and bonuses and such..thanks!

• Like 1

Many other powers were also empty which leaves me room to futz with more bonus stuffs but why would it move 4 empty slots to stamina?

It's just a result of the AI trying different things. I didn't try to "fix" the empty slots because I see it more as a feature. Like you said, it gives you the chance to customize the results.

If most people see it as a bug rather than a feature, I can fix it. But for now let's leave it as it is and see what people think.

• Like 1

Just a head's up for everyone...

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.25 - Fixed a bug where powers that granted effects to other players, but not the casting player, were having their effects counted towards the casting player (Example: Grant Invisibility was increasing the player's defense value). Fixed a bug in PreservePreviousBonuses that could allow smaller bonuses to replace larger bonuses. The Bonus Wizard now assigns enhancements at the highest possible level.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, magicjtv said:

Just a head's up for everyone...

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.25 - Fixed a bug where powers that granted effects to other players, but not the casting player, were having their effects counted towards the casting player (Example: Grant Invisibility was increasing the player's defense value). Fixed a bug in PreservePreviousBonuses that could allow smaller bonuses to replace larger bonuses. The Bonus Wizard now assigns enhancements at the highest possible level.

Congrats and great to see this got out. 😀

• Like 1

Bad news guys. My Windows dev system is toast. I've switched over to my backup PC to keep things moving along, but it's slow with limited capabilities.

If you'd like, I've set up a GoFundMe to fund getting a new dev box. It's totally optional and development will continue no matter what, just at a slower pace on the backup system.

P.S.

This is the Dev box

Sorry about the computer. Love the work you're doing. Donated. Good luck

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Cool! and Thank You!  I'm just in the process of returning now.  One of my questions was whether MIDS would still work.  Now I find out it will be even better than the great tool I remember.  Will the new version read old character files from before the official servers went down?

Edited by cohRock
  • Like 1

-- Rock

5 hours ago, cohRock said:

Cool! and Thank You!  I'm just in the process of returning now.  One of my questions was whether MIDS would still work.  Now I find out it will be even better than the great tool I remember.  Will the new version read old character files from before the official servers went down?

I hope you enjoy it. I don't know if it'll read files from back on live, but it won't hurt to try.

And thanks for the donations everyone. Every bit helps.