Fire Tank Desired Upgrades

MsSmart

@Sovera PLUS, CT gets you bouncing around mob to mob veeeery fast. I can pinball and drag agro across the map; With the initial FS + fences + burn, I can stand there till burn is half through, ct into a second mass, fences again, burn again, ToF, FS post-alpha, drain, consume, burn, fences, ct, repeat.

Its kind of, well, funny. 😛 On a team, it is just a bit of cleanup duty. I generate so much hate that cleanup duty doesnt seem to put anyone in any danger.

18 hours ago, Hew said:

image.png.f8d44548011d77f085e4a090f023ba3d.png

It would be nice for 90% cold, you know, for cold. This is pretty nasty, and as long as I pop consume before dealing with sappers, it is immensely hard to take down. Cold moves to 87%, toxic to 67, and psi to 47 with saturated melee core. 

This is with _agility_ core, not any alpha that provides resist. 

PLEASE do not go messing around with fire armor. Thank you.

(edit: this is with no tanker proc stacks, and with ageless (not barrier) as my destiny)

How do you do against +4 mobs with Mu Guardians? It can be pretty rough depending how many other Mu there are. Carnies aren't too bad as long as I go for the Ring Mistresses. I also havent tried it with any incarnates abilities. I ended up taking conserve power and victory rush, and rotating the 2. The amplifiers from P2W get me to like 4 more end/s than my end use(without victory rush) . Conserve Power seems to have more benefit than recovery powers.

I'll have to slot some incarnates and see what's up.

Edited by Hero Star

@Hero StarRe: +3 (levelshifted) or +4 mu or sappers, it can be tricky. The answer is actually counter-intuitive. Fire consume BEFORE engaging, for the 50% end resist. Mu by and large aren't an issue. Multiple malta sappers is a different ball of wax. 

Managing agro is actually tied to whether I get the drop, or them on me. In any circumstance where I have initiative, either FS or CT fix the problem for me. I can lay traps in FS to offset inbound sappage, or with CT I can CT -> EF instant nukage. 

With dark consumption, anything that consume (end resist) couldn't shrug off, I can top back up on. At incarnate levels, running with ageless +recov makes it a matter of living through the alpha-sap. If I can live through the alpha-sap (CT or FS as distraction), it is total game over for the bad guys.

At lower levels, it gets interesting, and I may end up with a over 41 build, and an under 41 build. Fences is slotted with grav anchor chance for hold (power at 35), and that fires A LOT.  1 hold proc, 1 acc/end/dam, and 4 dam procs.  You could swap a dam for enmanip +stun proc as well, for 2 control options, or even manip, grav, and rag chance for +kd to get MASSIVE alpha dispersal.

I like it doing damage at the moment, but from play the procs do the most damage for fences. I think from experience (specifically what you mentioned), I may move it to grav/manip/rag/(a/d)/damproc/(damproc or -resist)

Just need to tinker with it. Since fences fires _first_ for "portion control" (snicker), it would make sense to have it pop -resist, to follow up with fiery embrace (if up), soul drain, burn, cleanup. To be honest, that might be the best option, since it helps manage alpha strikes I might initiate with combat teleport, and sure as hell does for one i start with fold space.

EDIT: Buyer beware! Mass slaughter of carnies in melee range at one time without fairly high defenses is, well. You only need a few to get you to cause end problems. Keep blues handy!

Edited by Hew

Yeah, the incarnate stuff made a world of difference for me. Even the End Mod version of Musculature is extremely helpful. Agility is even more helpful, but with Ageless(includes End Debuff Res) I'm golden so I opted for Musculature. It'll be fun to make another build for pre incarnate levels.