[City of Roleplay] Recruitment Fair & Comic Celebration!

Ruin Mage

It was an interesting and fun event.  Thank you.

I think if/when this is done again, though, we may want to consider spreading out more. I heard a *lot* of complaints about not being able to keep up with chat scroll.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

There are definitely a lot of complaints I heard throughout the night. I intend to take them all and shape this event to be better next time around. I do intend to host one every other season. Let things settle, etc.

But it also helps me with planning future community events in general, so there's that.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Thanks for putting on a great event!  Chat was a bit chaotic, but it was good to get to know some of the other RP groups out there.

A note on the chat scroll:  what our SG found to be useful was to form a League, and then invite individuals who were interested in chatting with our group.  We put League chat in a separate window.  It wasn't a perfect solution, but it helped.

Another thought:  the costume contest was certainly a fun addition to the event, but it basically decimated the recruiting as people left the plaza for the contest.  Things went from full swing to nearly empty pretty fast.  If a contest is included with the next one, I'd suggest putting it later than 2 hours after the event start, as there appeared to be easily enough interest in the fair to keep going another hour or more at the time the contest broke things up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Updates:

So I am going to be preparing towards the end of this year for the next one. The idea here is to make these happen two to three times a year depending. My next one is unknown due to the fact that it's a little early to call a date. However, I wanted to get out and make some updates for how this event is going to be run when it is run. Please note that there is no set date for the next run of this. Do not send me money unless you just want to give me it. I accept charity.

Specifics

• There are to be no advertisement bots or dual boxing during this event. This is targeting specific groups, but you are not welcome to do this because zone caps ARE a real thing. It is also asked that you do not show up with your entire supergroup to lock out the entire zone. This happened to the first run of the event and will not be tolerated during any future run. GMs will be called if a group shows up with ad bots/dual-boxing.
  • This event caters to the hero & villain community - those supergroups that would fit for a comic book universe. In future events, these may take place within a base - handled like Black Friday where a code is given at a portal. This is to ensure that the theme of the event is catered to. I apologize to the strip clubs, night clubs, bars, and other night life facilities, but you advertise on a daily cycle as is - your names drown out, intended or otherwise, other groups.
  • Contests will now be held at the end of the night rather than in the middle. This is to ensure that people aren't bouncing back and forth between costume contests and roleplaying. These will be held in areas separate from the fair still. Themes for costume contests will remain grounded in similar themes to the ones from the first event.
  • I will be seeking to try a better approach for villains - be it having help to run a villain appropriate version on another day or asking people to go to a different area. This is still being worked on - but if anyone wishes to volunteer, they can.
  • While the original intent was the wider community, this event is now being shaped towards fitting what this game's core universe is about - superpowered heroes and villains likened to Marvel & DC - and promoting such roleplay and their groups. I apologize if this seems a bad move, but this is how I wish to run my event.

I am considering a different zone, bases, and more while looking towards the next date I'll be hosting this.

Suggestions, feedback, and more are welcome towards future iterations of this event.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

unknown.png

• 2 months later

UPDATE:

My goal is to start working towards this for February or March - with the latest I'll run this being April.

I've opened a channel on the CoR Discord to begin talking about it, or you can reach out to me.

DO NOT DONATE JUST YET:
Please save any prize pool donations until I have a date set, for your sake and mine.

unknown.png

• 2 months later

After having a lot of "bwuh" days since I last posted here, I've come back to bring more details.

The second annual CoR Supergroup Recruitment Faire shall be held on
April 10th starting at 6PM Central / 7PM Eastern At this point, I am accepting donations for the prize pool - noting that I am at least holding at least two Costume Contests + A Trivia Contest like last time. This will change depending on the prize pool and how coordination turns out. I do need to put a reminder that this oriented towards Comic Book Superheroes/Supervillains at this time. As it turns out, Chainz of Joker's Wild is hosting a Club/Bar/other examples here themed event of a similar style. Big shout out to Chainz for doing that, and I hope his event goes well.

Rules and such will come soon. If you have an SG that wants/is going to show up, please make sure to let me know or post here.

Donations can go to Shadeknight (Global name is the same) in-game or you can poke me to figure out a good time for hand-off if it needs/is easier to hand off in-game while I am online.

At this time, I am also looking for
Co-judges and Coordinators to help me run the event and be a part of the group that runs this event anuallly.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 2

unknown.png

Updates -

• We are now at 2 Billion for a Prize Pool
  • We are looking into a base for a venue - provided by Chainz of Joker's Wild.

I do have a couple SGs confirmed to be coming, but if yours intends to show up and recruit please let me know via a post here or my DMs/PMs.

• Like 3

unknown.png

Thanks to a PM, I forgot to mention something;

The base aforementioned in my last update is NOT the actual Joker's Wild base. It's another place that Chainz/Mark has built for these style of events. I apologize for leaving this out!

unknown.png

An update for everyone - the base and how it will work.
Please feel free to check out center-18852 on your own time!

We are going to be adjusting to the fact we are doing this in a base rather than the Wharf.
Please be aware that this is a learning experience for myself - to weigh base vs the Wharf.

• Each supergroup will form their own League / Group with their representatives, and invite anyone who approaches to learn more.

What this will do is allow people to switch roleplay to team / league chat. This will keep local chat from flooding and allow people to learn more in a controlled manner. Due to the growing interest, this will feed into the other asks/rules. Local chat should be saved for anything except recruiting - especially once the base starts filling up. If need be, we will ask that large groups set up outside the center building.

• No supergroup is to dual box an ad bot or otherwise inflate their presence

Please do not use an ad bot or anything similar. This is not an event for that. Given the time this is also being hosted, it is also being asked that groups don't bring their entire supergroup. Bases have limited spaces on top of the fact that the base does have actual limited space for the convention center. If your supergroup shows with double digits, perhaps dial that back based on attendance. As said above, if push comes to shove we will ask that larger groups set up outside the building.

• Contests will be held at the end of the night

This will happen around 10PM Eastern give or take. This will allow folks 3 hours or so to interact, to recruit, and to generally enjoy the event. These will be held back to back or in some manner similar. The themes remain the same unless needing to change. If that does happen it will be announced.

Otherwise, please be mindful of others. I am still working out how villain groups will be handled. If any villains/villain groups want to show up, please let me know via here, forum DMs, or in-game.

LIST OF GROUPS SIGNED UP SO FAR;
Global Defense Force
New Defenders
Academy of Heroes
Young Warriors
Grace Academy
Paragon Junior Supers Academy 
Curiosity Kilz
The Honor Society
The Dawn Patrol
The Twilight Legion
Traveler's Guild

Black Hand Society

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 3

unknown.png

Please add Curiosity Kilz to the list. We are the gray "straddle" to SG/VG groups and we can interact in a base in both Blue and Red teams, to accommodate both sides in a base instance. Background, below, from City of Community Discord. IC, Curiosity Kilz recruiting at a hero-leaning event would piss off Arachnos to no end, so let's roll!

CURIOSITY KILZ

Theme: Gray Ops Espionage (RP)

Alignment: Rogue

Time Zone: US Central

• Kartanian (Discord: Kartanian#1801)
  • Catbird (Discord: Catbird#0252)

Advert:

(IC) Are you a clever and enterprising person? Do you like to use your “special abilities” for your own benefit? Are you looking for a freelance path to wealth without too many moral or legal encumberments? But are also you a professional who can carry out a mission to plan, avoiding distractions? Curiosity Kilz is a gray ops mercenary group with presence in Etoile and Paragon City. We are currently looking for talent for espionage work. Excitement and adrenalin-charged assignments guaranteed. Successful operatives get challenging, big-bonus missions, as well as high-tech gear, magical support, cyberspace data cover; whatever they need to do elite work. Simulation training available. Visit the website or our Atlas Park office (in the Crowne Building on the southwest corner of the Park) and get your special passcode today!

(OOC) Curiosity Kilz is a gray ops espionage group (established 2005) that preys on villain groups and faceless organizations while enriching itself and doing good for “the little guy” where it can. CK is made up of elite agents—metahuman, alien, and highly skilled humans. We are sly, tricky, and skillful. Selfish or “evil” characters, “me first” egos, and “true comic book heroes” do not fit this group.

We create and play custom AE stories and IC missions. We also power-level/farm, assist, and collaborate with members and friends. If you want to take your character in a particular direction, we are happy to facilitate that. We promote creativity and fun for everyone. An AE arc that introduces the group is “Espionage 101” (Arc ID 13667).

There are many characters and only a few active players in Curiosity Kilz at this time. We play well with other groups. Our Discord is shared with the League of Titans and linked HC:COH groups. We are happy to invite people to our server who connect with us (IC or OOC). Contact Kartanian or Catbird for more!

Edited by Kartanian

One last thing - if you are able to, I will need an SG banner for each group that wants to have a booth.
Deadline is the day of.
unknown.png
PM them to me on the forums or on Discord (Pendragon#1992)

If you can show which colors were picked exactly, that helps too!

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

Please add The Black Hand Society to attending and advertised

Group Name: Black Hand Society

Alignment: Rogue (Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil)

Roleplay: Medium to Heavy RP, Roleplayers Only

Shard: Everlasting
Recruitment Officer: Global @Horrorfrost Discord Kingmaker#9872 

Recruitment Message: The Black Hand Society is the Rogue Isles’ latest band of blue-collar supervillains out to rob the world instead of destroying it. Headquartered out of the Black Candle bar in Cap Au Diable, BHS is an alliance of meta-human criminals and mercenaries who operate under the protection of the mysterious Investor, all the while plundering the Isles and Paragon City!

OOC the Black Hand Society seeks to inject new life into Redside with regular teams running game content and AE Arcs. Themed in the spirit of the Sinister Six Marvel, the Rogues of DC, the League of Villains of My Hero Academia, the League of Calimitous Intent from My Hero Academia, and similar villain groups bent on profit over world domination. We encourage player run content, run Strike Forces every Wednesday, and run regular Crime Sprees, Rogue teams running missions on blue-side roleplayed as heists! Advancement opportunities are available to those who remain active and get involved!

BHS.png

Edited by Kingmaker

There is some confusion on the start time for the faire.  From the post here:

On 3/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, Shadeknight said:

The second annual CoR Supergroup Recruitment Faire shall be held on April 10th starting at 7PM Central / 8PM Eastern 

And from the CoR Discord Server:

WHEN: APRIL 10th, 2021 at 7PM Eastern

https://discordapp.com/channels/569909890819293245/796839970244657162/827580526931345418

@Shadeknight, can you please clarify?  Thanks!

LIST OF GROUPS SIGNED UP SO FAR;
Global Defense Force
New Defenders
Academy of Heroes
Young Warriors
Grace Academy
Paragon Junior Supers Academy 
Curiosity Kilz
The Honor Society
The Dawn Patrol
The Twilight Legion
Traveler's Guild
Hero Corps - Founder's Fall

Black Hand Society

Please note that the base as a whole is large enough. However, there are about 13 spots inside the center's building. Some groups are doubling up, thankfully. There will be enough space for everyone I think, but please be aware I may ask groups to use outside as well.

PRIZE POOL; (As of April 4th)
2 Billion Influence

unknown.png