[City of Roleplay] Recruitment Fair & Comic Celebration!

Ruin Mage

We are now over 3bil inf. A big thanks to an Anonymous donator and Invictus Academy's leader & an officer for their donations!

If anyone wishes to still donate, please contact me on Occult or email them in-game to @Shadeknight

I also have judges for the CCs now, but if anyone else wishes to help with that (These will begin at 10PM Eastern!) please let me know!

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

If you still have room, may I request a spot for the .38 Specials?

We are an RP-focused group of vigilantes and rogues (think good guys that work outside the bounds of the law and/or mercenaries with a heart of gold) that concentrate on bounded, lvl 38 play (Characters are all lvl 38, with xp turned off at that level).  We only slot SO (or standard IO's equivalent in strength to lvl 41 SO's) enhancements and single copies of any global or proc.  We do not use enhancement "sets" (or Incarnate abilities, of course, due to the level limitation).

Our goal is to combine fun, balanced, challenging team play in a Roleplay environment through self-imposed limitations.  Our hope is that this will put more focus on playing the game for story and adventure, as opposed to grinding for enhancements and levels.  We're brand new, but hoping to grow!

You can also send me a PM on the forums or shoot me a tell in-game if you're interested.

My Global:  @Razorshrike

My Characters: Thug Thrasher (WP/StJ Tanker) and Pennance (Spines/Fire Brute).

Group Name: The Society

Alignment: Heroic

Roleplay: Medium to Heavy RP, RP Only

Shard: Everlasting
Recruitment Officer: Global @Outback (Dr. Warlock) 

Recruitment Message: The Society is a classic comicbook superhero group with magical, paranormal, supernatural, and interdimensional themes. Led by Dr. Warlock and headquartered in the Chateau, a sentient magical sanctum, the Society reflects the ideals of Golden and Silver Age comics while bringing together powers beyond the laws of physics. Mages of all specialities, spirits and other magical entities, wielders of magic artifacts, the cursed, the blessed, and everything in between, all have come together within The Society to fight threats such as: CURSED, a cross between a 6 origanized crime gangs and a cult; The Archfey and his mischevous dealings in the criminal underworld; The Ectoblaster and his vast supply of haunted ectoplasmic entities; The Oxymoron and his strange paradoxical fusion of science and the arcane; Eldritch horrors from beyond space-time itself; and more!

Every week, like an episode of your favorite superhero cartoon show, the Society meets and combats a wide array of villainy and mishaps that try to bring down Paragon City and beyond. Sometimes, we have on-going arcs against especially nasty villains such as the Prelate and his cult of CURSED criminals. When we're lucky, we get to relax and hold a Soiree in the Chalet or a Costume Contest!

Join us, and together, the Society shall stand fast against villainy and show the world at large that magic isn't always something to fear! 

Sidenote: We are approaching our one year anniversary soon! 

Society Ad 1.png

Both groups will be added.

Please note that there are limited amount of booths inside, and we are above 13 groups. That being said, there's plenty of space outside and I'm sure some groups might rotate through the night.

unknown.png

1 hour ago, Shadeknight said:

Both groups will be added.

Please note that there are limited amount of booths inside, and we are above 13 groups. That being said, there's plenty of space outside and I'm sure some groups might rotate through the night.

I understand.  I'm actually fine with setting up outside, so no sweat.  Booth spots ought to be reserved in order of application, anyway.  That's only fair.  👍

That reminded me!

Due to the amount of groups, we are not doing banners. I apologize to those who sent me theirs already - but I evaluated the interest.

I am going to trust people to not mess with other groups and so on. Once your group picks a booth/desk, stick to that one. Some groups will probably rotate in and out as the night goes on. There will also be the wide open outside.

We're getting closer to the day!

• Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

Is Pastfinder's okay? It's technically just a magic shop. Ran by a dictator of an undead woman who meddles with everything, believes she does good, but messes up everything with her villanous plots and lets her minions to cover it up for her.

Pastfinder's Shop of Magic

Theme: magic help&artifacts for sale. And whatever the customer wants, the customer gets. IF the price is right. (Plus expenses.)

Alignment: moral-fluid

Time zone: GMT/EUR

Onh-wardshh, my loyal mee-nions!

Big thanks for putting this event on; a big success as always!

There were some thoughts and feedback in our SG, so I thought I'd share them while they're fresh in my head.

1. Traffic/participation - while the event was definitely busy, we felt that overall the amount of traffic coming to check out the SGs was much less than last time.  This might have been the result of holding it inside a base instead of an open game zone.
  2. Chat scroll was still a big issue.  We had a couple of ideas on how to address this:
    1. Restrict all IC/RP chat to League/Team channels (not including IC recruitment/advertisement posts).  This would dramatically cut down on Local chatter.  However, it would also kill any RP between different SGs as they are sitting around, so could make the event less enjoyable overall.
    2. Spread the groups out much further so there is less cross-chat in Local; keep it so that only a handful of recruiting groups are in Local range of each other.
  3. If the next event is held inside a base again, it might be useful to post a bot by the portal with the event rules in their bio so that people see it as they come in.

Anyway, that's what we came up with; I hope it's helpful!  Thanks again!

Thanks, both of you. It's definitely going to be improved for next year.

Costume Contest winners/participants!

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Villain Winners
Sovereign Serpent
Vengeance
Defcon X

Hero Winners
Combat
Alien
Freeholder

Team Winners
Elementals
Scare Crew
Brigade

Finalists (Villains)
Charge
Disaster
Lasergaze
Dominion
Evolutionary

Hero Finalists
Ghost Bug
Solarguard
Bigger
Celcius
Stellar Striker

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 4

unknown.png

• 8 months later

NEW YEAR, NEW FAIR
Firstly, its dropping the e. Where the fuck did that come from?

Right-o, friends! It's time to talk about "The Fair" - the <insert fancy word here> event held by City of Roleplay. While we're still a bit away from things, I would like to set that the first one will be happening sometime in March/April to start in Spring this year. The date isn't quite set given those months are a while away so far, but I will be keeping people updated on this as we get through January / Feburary.

WHAT'S DIFFERENT
- While the base(s) in use may be open all night (until everyone leaves), the celebration part of the event will only take around an hour to two hours at most. This means the costume contests & trivia will not happen at odd intervals, but rather during a specific period. 
- We will be using a different base / set of bases, depending on what is available & what is decided (more on that below) with event changes.
- Supergroups / Villain groups will be asked to do only one ad every 15 to 20 minutes. If there are a large amount of SGs, that will go up to 30 minutes.
- The doors will open sooner, and the 'event' portion (CCs, Trivia) will also happen earlier rather than spread out or all at once at the end of a long period.
- There will be a general standard set for each CC and what each theme means. I will be asking for help in case I am The Dumb with writing them out.

WHAT'S BEING CONSIDERED
- Splitting into multiple days to cover the entire weekend & cover both sides separately. This will take extra coordination if there is interest from red side groups.
- More? I'm still reading back on the feedback for last time.

WHAT IS STAYING THE SAME
- No recruitment bots or dual boxing, please.
- Donations to the prize pool done to Shadeknight/Occult (Global Name: Shadeknight)
- Primarily an RP group recruitment drive & celebration of all things superpowered comics (I.E DC/Marvel)
- Everyone who participates, donates, or otherwise assists will get their fair appreciation in Discord & in the thread on the forums.

• Like 1

unknown.png

• Ruin Mage changed the title to [City of Roleplay] Recruitment Fair & Comic Celebration!
  • 2 months later

MOVING FORWARD: THE FAIR
Date: April 22nd - 24th [Friday - Sunday]
Time: 5PM Central / 6PM Eastern

With the date settled, it is time to begin moving forward. I am going to be splitting this event / celebration out across three days. This will be watched to see how effective it is / how wanted it is versus a two day thing. One step closer to perfecting the event! So what does this mean? Well, let's get down to it!

FRIDAY: TRIVIA/COSTUME CONTESTS [April 22nd]
The start to the weekend-long fair & celebration is the trivia and costume contests. Are you a reader of all things DC, Marvel, and Image (Invincible)? Have you committed the Marvel/DC movies to your memory? Do you know a little too much about Spider Man? Bring that to this day and try your luck against the community! However, that's not all. Three costume contests will be happening to deliver the prize pool to the Best Hero, Best Villain, and Best Team. Given the theme of the celebration, this means bring a character that looks like they'd belong in an Age of Comics or a Superhero Movie. 

Best Team means TWO to EIGHT people. One person from each team will be given the total prize money to dish out among all participants from their team. The team needs to look cohesive and show unity in some form between one another. Supergroups that will participate in this, please limit yourself to eight people at most for this Costume Contest!

At this time I am looking for judges to help me with the Costume Contests.

SATURDAY/SUNDAY: RECRUITMENT FAIRS

On Saturday, we will hold the Heroic Recruitment Fair!

Any roleplay group that fits within the Hero / Vigilante side of things will be able to set up in a base (code to be dropped on the day of the event) and spread yourselves out evenly/as best as possible. During this evening, anyone can drop by (bearing in mind the base, etc) and see if a group fits their character. Alternatively, forge new alliances for your group/character!

On Sunday, we will hold the Villainous Recruitment Fair!

A location will be provided on the day of, and vigilantes and rogues can set up and recruit! Bring your evil societies, your Arachnos unit, and more! If you operate in unlawful grounds and situations this event is for you. Similarly, forge new deals and orchestrate potential backstabbings at this event! During both days, it is asked that groups do not spam recruitment messages. We ask that people keep it to once every 10-15 minutes if possible. If that doesn't work, then a new method will be attempted next year.

Groups that are coming:
Please do not flood either base with your members. This means no recruitment bots! Please keep it to actual players only on actual characters!

How can I help?
So you want to help. One of two ways!

Prize Donation
If you wish to donate a prize (influence, IOs, something else idk) for the contests/trivia please send it to (@)Shadeknight in-game or drop it off to my actual character. Last year we had over 9 billion influence given away in total - between IOs and Influence. If you want to coordinate dropping off any prizes, please DM me! Prize cutoff is the day of the 22nd! If there is an unorthodox reward (art commission or something else, by some luck) then please coordinate with me ASAP!

Co-host/Co-judge
Generally, its a hefty task to run these things! Lots of interest, lots of people - I myself do not mind if anyone wishes to step up. All this entails is keeping track of groups for Day 2 & 3 + helping me judge the Costume Contests on Day 1! Co-hosts can also funnel feedback to me as they hear it during the night, and any adjustments we can make on the fly? We will try!

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 1

unknown.png

Groups, I need to know if you're attending to recruit.

In either my Discord DMs (hades#0003) or Forum PM, please send me the SG name & its symbol+colors for an SG banner.

You may very well get a booth once I have a final tally.

unknown.png

UPDATE POST - MARCH 31st
So, a day late but here we are anyway.

After talking it over with some people, I've decided to crunch things down into two days instead of three. One reason for this is that three seems too much, and one seems too few. Therefore, Saturday & Sunday will be the days chosen to host this rather than Friday through Sunday. We are still evaluating how many groups sign up - more on this in another paragraph - with the booth spots we have left. What this means for the costume contests & the trivia is that we will be using them to open up the evening of Saturday. The costume contests will open up our night, and we will have a dedicated Trivia global channel. What this does, rather than blast Request/Broadcast, is allows people to make a quick tab and delete it after trivia is over. If this works out to be better than the prior method it will be used going forward.

Costume contests & Trivia will start at an hour before the actual event. This is at 4PM Central Time / 5PM Eastern Time.

Group sign ups are still open! For the hero side, we do have a limited set of booths left for the base. This does not mean another group can't show up after, but simply that there will be no booth for them. It is for that reason that the cut off date for hero groups is APRIL 12th. Villain groups do not have to worry about this at this time, but I would like to have the group list finalized around the same time.

As a final note, we are sitting at 5 billion influence & a special Theme Song prize involved in the costume contests/trivia. A big thank you to the donors so far. If you would like to add to this prize pool, please contact me via hades#0003 on Discord OR Shadeknight (same for Global) in-game. Forum PMs are welcome too, but I check those less often.

• Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

I'll see about getting that together if I can.

We are in the final week, folks. Tomorrow is the sign up cut-off for hero groups wishing to attend & recruit.

I've updated the main post with everything so far, but base codes will be posted this weekend.

• Like 1

unknown.png

Hey guys! One last update before the big weekend.

What an amazing show of interest so far for the Third Annual Recruitment Fair & Celebration! This time it falls upon the weekend that is also City of Roleplay's Three Year Anniversary. Each year is a learning experience and I'm looking to made each new run of this improve just a little or a lot! So for those that attend; please feel free to send me feedback after the event is over. It'll help me prepare for future runs of this event.

As a reminder before we get into the meat of this final update; If you wish to provide for our costume contests/trivia you may throw your influence (or other prizes) at myself (Shadeknight is both my name and my global!) or at Forever Zer0/Bellonda. Bellonda has opted to throw a series of villain specific costume contests at the end of the villain recruitment day! A big thanks to them for doing that too.

So, what will be happening at the event?

Saturday (4/23)
Around 4PM Central / 5PM Eastern, those interested in trivia & the costume contests will gather at the Hall of Heroes (HALL-22329) for these to happen. We will go through the costume contests (Hero, Villain, and Team) with the intent to finish before 5PM Central.

Please make sure to: /visscale 10 once inside the base!

Throughout that time, trivia will be held in a global channel - easier to conduct! From there, we roll over into the event of recruitment/roleplay. Booths, designated by SG banners, will be taken up by groups that signed up. Ideally, the SG leaders & officers will contact myself and be there ahead of time so we can make sure no shenanigans occur.

Afterwards, roleplay can begin and recruitment can be had.

Groups, please only do an ad every 10 minutes. This means, by the time the event is over, you will have advertised 5 time at most. Do not bump other group's ads if you can help it.

After an hour (6PM Central/7PM Eastern) has passed, the event is officially over. People are free to RP and continue recruitment RP, but no more ads should be posted. This will conclude Saturday!

Sunday (4/24)
Similar will happen, bar that we will not have booths. Groups of redside will gather at the base (Code pending/to be edited in) and do similar as the hero groups - an ad every 10 minute, etc. At the hour mark, the event is over and sometime afterwards Bellonda will run their specific CCs.

That will conclude the recruitment fair weekend!

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Thumbs Up 2

unknown.png

One final bump for the week. The bases have been put up.

One final reminder; If anyone would like to contribute to the prize pools please contact Shadeknight/@Shadeknight or Bellonda/@Forever Zer0!
I have a 5 billion prize pool so far for Saturday, while Zero is working towards 3 billion for Sunday's extra CCs.

• Like 1

unknown.png