[City of Roleplay] Recruitment Fair & Comic Celebration!

Ruin Mage

DETAILS

• WHERE:  HALL-22329 (SATURDAY), Red-18852 (SUNDAY)
  • WHEN: April 23rd - 24th / Saturday & Sunday!
  • WHAT: A RP-SG/VG recruitment faire with costume contests & trivia alike!
  • PRIZES: 5 Billion Influence [3/27/2022 - Updated]
  • HOSTS: Shadeknight (@Shadeknight), ???

UPDATE 3/27/2022

MOVING FORWARD: THE FAIR
Date: April 23rd - 24th [Saturday - Sunday]
Time: 5PM Central / 6PM Eastern

With the date settled, it is time to begin moving forward. I am going to be splitting this event / celebration out across three days. This will be watched to see how effective it is / how wanted it is versus a two day thing. One step closer to perfecting the event! So what does this mean? Well, let's get down to it!

SATURDAY: TRIVIA/COSTUME CONTESTS [APRIL 23RD / 4PM CST/5PM EST]
The start to the weekend-long fair & celebration is the trivia and costume contests. Are you a reader of all things DC, Marvel, and Image (Invincible)? Have you committed the Marvel/DC movies to your memory? Do you know a little too much about Spider Man? Bring that to this day and try your luck against the community! However, that's not all. Three costume contests will be happening to deliver the prize pool to the Best Hero, Best Villain, and Best Team. Given the theme of the celebration, this means bring a character that looks like they'd belong in an Age of Comics or a Superhero Movie. 

Best Team means TWO to EIGHT people. One person from each team will be given the total prize money to dish out among all participants from their team. The team needs to look cohesive and show unity in some form between one another. Supergroups that will participate in this, please limit yourself to eight people at most for this Costume Contest!

At this time I am looking for judges to help me with the Costume Contests.

SATURDAY/SUNDAY: RECRUITMENT FAIRS [5PM CST/6PM EST]

On Saturday, we will hold the Heroic Recruitment Fair!

Any roleplay group that fits within the Hero / Vigilante side of things will be able to set up in a base (code to be dropped on the day of the event) and spread yourselves out evenly/as best as possible. During this evening, anyone can drop by (bearing in mind the base, etc) and see if a group fits their character. Alternatively, forge new alliances for your group/character!

On Sunday, we will hold the Villainous Recruitment Fair!

A location will be provided on the day of, and vigilantes and rogues can set up and recruit! Bring your evil societies, your Arachnos unit, and more! If you operate in unlawful grounds and situations this event is for you. Similarly, forge new deals and orchestrate potential backstabbings at this event! During both days, it is asked that groups do not spam recruitment messages. We ask that people keep it to once every 10-15 minutes if possible. If that doesn't work, then a new method will be attempted next year.

Groups that are coming:
Please do not flood either base with your members. This means no recruitment bots! Please keep it to actual players only on actual characters!

How can I help?
So you want to help. One of two ways!

Prize Donation
If you wish to donate a prize (influence, IOs, something else idk) for the contests/trivia please send it to (@)Shadeknight in-game or drop it off to my actual character. Last year we had over 9 billion influence given away in total - between IOs and Influence. If you want to coordinate dropping off any prizes, please DM me! Prize cutoff is the day of the 22nd! If there is an unorthodox reward (art commission or something else, by some luck) then please coordinate with me ASAP!

Co-host/Co-judge
Generally, its a hefty task to run these things! Lots of interest, lots of people - I myself do not mind if anyone wishes to step up. All this entails is keeping track of groups for Day 2 & 3 + helping me judge the Costume Contests on Day 1! Co-hosts can also funnel feedback to me as they hear it during the night, and any adjustments we can make on the fly? We will try!

COSTUME CONTEST THEMES
PRIZE: Influence

• Hero
  • Villain
  • Team

TRIVIA TOPICS
PRIZE: IOs

• All things Marvel!
  • All things DC!
  • City of Heroes & City of Heroes Lore/Story

CONFIRMED GROUPS:

• Global Defense Force
  • New Defenders
  • Traveler's Guild
  • The Justice Squadron
  • PJSA
  • The Legacy
  • HC-FF

OLD INFO BELOW

CONTRIBUTORS (PRIZES) - Event #1

• Spoiler

• Starforge
    • Universal Knight
    • Sundew
    • Vessa
    • Maiden Mayhem
    • LiaSyuki
    • PresidentDSG
    • Kherianda
    • .OX

CONTRIBUTORS - #2

• TwoZeroFoxtrot

Groups that attended: - Event #1

Spoiler

- Global Defense Force
- Project Ascension

- Joker's Wild

- Devils' own

- Hero Corps

- The Oasis

- Guardians of Tomorrow

- Guardian Legion

- Ivory Tower

- Hero Academy

- The Society

- The Wonders

- Grace Academy

- Invictus Academy
- Justice First
- The Miracles

- The Gruntuk
- Revolution
- The Responders
- New Praetorian Initiative

- Wraith Spiders

Groups: - Event #2
Global Defense Force
New Defenders
Academy of Heroes
Young Warriors
Grace Academy
Paragon Junior Supers Academy 
Curiosity Kilz
The Honor Society
The Dawn Patrol
The Twilight Legion
Traveler's Guild
Hero Corps - Founder's Fall
Black Hand Society
The Miracles
Wraith Spiders
Invictus Academy
The Society
.38 Specials

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Aaaah, we Villains are invited to play this time!

/pleased

Thank you, for organizing this. I'd been kicking around doing one for Villains, but like you, I didn't want to step on Dawn Patrol's toes,

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

Villains are valid too!

It's a little hard to pull off IC, but I'm sure any attending RP-VGs wouldn't mind IC making some distance from the main plaza. It's stuff that can be discussed.

unknown.png

3 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

Villains are valid too!

It's a little hard to pull off IC, but I'm sure any attending RP-VGs wouldn't mind IC making some distance from the main plaza. It's stuff that can be discussed.

I am sure we could come to some sort of agreement, a temporary cease fire. It would give us a chance to scout potential issues, and perhaps slip in a double agent or spy.

(I can be reached here via PM's or in game.)

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

• 2 weeks later

I am not acting as event crier this time... Though I could dig out my list of non-repeating broadcast banner messages. But making up a bunch for you to throw out to keep people aware of the event is not a bad idea. Maybe I'll make it to the faire, either way a good faire is always fun, and good luck.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

• 3 weeks later

Some prize details as of today;

• Currently up to about 910mil in influence prizes alone
  • A full set of Ragnarok, 1 piece of Apocalypse

The IOs will be given out during trivia and the influence prizes will go towards the costume contests. As a reminder, if you will to add to the prize pool - send it to @Shadeknight in-game!

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

The main post has been updated a little. I've gotten up to 5 pieces of Apocalypse now, so that + a full set of Ragnarok for trivia prizes.

I've got a really crazy idea one of these weeks for a bunch of TFs as fast as one can - including the Shadow Shard TFs - to try and get as much merits as possible for additional rewards / prize money. We'll see if I commit.

• Like 2

unknown.png

A WEEK OUT - UPDATES

We are now officially a week (and a day or two) out from this event.  A few updates:

• Costume Contests will start 2 hours after the event starts at 8PM Eastern
  • The Costume Contests will be held inside the Kallisti tower rather than the Plaza
  • We are now at 2.5 Billion Influence and rising for the prize total!
  • Trivia will begin at 7PM Eastern - an hour after the event starts. Its a simple point system for the rewards.
  • Donations to the prize pool are still welcome up until the event begins.

unknown.png

unknown.png
HERO CC Finalists. The winners being Spellcheck, Aquanaut, and Ocelot!

unknown.png

VILLAIN CC Finalists. Winners were: Dark Spirit, Sovereign Serpent, and Goblin Guard

unknown.png

unknown.png

Winners: The Gruntuk, The Miracles, and Hero Corps

• Like 1

unknown.png