Some things players do that annoy you?

All this adult stuff bore me.

You know what grinds my gears? People that LFM and say they have cookies.

They never have any cookies...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

6 minutes ago, Nemu said:

All this adult stuff bore me.

You know what grinds my gears? People that LFM and say they have cookies.

They never have any cookies...

Or they have them but refuse to shove them through the screen and share.

2 minutes ago, tidge said:

giphy.gif

"Toon"...One of my biggest pet peeves as well. Why can't people say "Character" or "Char". Seems more appropriate.

The first thing I think of when I hear "toon"...ugh

2b993c_fb81920bb4f445ba86b54e6f975d36bb~mv2.jpg

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

My apologies in advance if anyone gets triggered. I'm just springboarding from some posts...

On 7/8/2020 at 10:23 PM, Nemu said:

Your examples are the other extreme that I'm discounting in my comment about common courtesy. Of course we are not going to wait for the dude that decides to go level and go to his base and IO himself for 10 minutes, and if a player chose not to get a travel power and decide to sprint to every mission, sucks to be that player. However, 30 seconds is not all that long of a wait and that's usually the time frame gap for most people with slower travel powers to reach the mission.

The scenario I'm talking about are the ones where people that can't even accord their teammates that little bit of time to zone in before they go full lol melee.

When I am playing a toon... err character... I freely admit to "not waiting" to start smashing, if I have a very strong sense that my character can take the heat being dished out. Someone has got to take the alpha strike anyway, and it isn't like that first group of mobs is providing a significant fraction of the XP and drops.

Now if this really bothers someone on the PUG I'm perfectly capable of altering my behavior, but they have to ask.

15 hours ago, MangoKulfi said:

People see one or two targets left and move on to the next mob, but the ones left behind are the bosses.

I've done this, but only after observing the group dynamics. I don't think I've ever left behind an Elite Boss or AV, but you can bet I'm not going to stick around waiting for a Moment of Glory to pass. I generally expect most of my characters to be able to handle a couple of injured solo bosses, so  If I've left an enemy mob that other folks need help with... again, just ask me and I will be more than happy to return to help.

One type PUG-founder behavior which is something of a non-plus for me, but if it isn't the group I'm forming I don't really let bother me is:

1. Team leader advertises for a TF/SF "speed run" PUG
  2. Team leader spends an extra 20+ minutes trying to recruit a full team looking to fill slots 6, 7, 8

I'm certainly aware of the content that benefits from having a full 8-person team (for example, the Citadel TF can be a "speed run" if most everyone has Team Teleporter and Assemble the Team) but there is so little in the game that can't be handled by smaller PUGs.

Wasn't sure if I was more amused or annoyed at this tonight:

- Person on an MSR complaining a tank (who is herding rikti to the bowl) is leaving the bowl.

- Person passive/aggressively complaining they got stunned or killed for following said tank.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

AT checks before inviting people to a team. Doesn't matter 99.5% of the time, stop being lame.

Unless the team leader is a brute who wants to tank.

Been seeing a lot of "PI Radio team forming, PST for invite. No Tanks" stuff since the aggro changes.

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

1 hour ago, Xanatos said:

Unless the team leader is a brute who wants to tank.

Been seeing a lot of "PI Radio team forming, PST for invite. No Tanks" stuff since the aggro changes.

I see some Mm heavy teams not wanting more- probably for lag reasons lol

On 7/8/2020 at 8:06 AM, Nemu said:

People that leap off to the beyond after someone announces TT. And every time someone announces TT you can bet at least half the team don't stick around to use it.

People who wait until their character has exited the mission to announce TT, and because they load slowly, other characters are almost to the tram, or jumped to their base and are about to click the teleport to the next mission's zone... and then get bent out of shape because people didn't stand around outside the mission door as they exit waiting on the off chance someone has TT up but couldn't be arsed to tell anyone about it before the mission completes.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:33 PM, 0th Power said:

KB hate

There is a time and place for everything, and ten minutes of the skirmish in a Rikti raid where my Scrapper runs up to a group of Rikti as they port in... and then, before she can attack any of them, they're flung forty feet away by Joe Whirlwind, who is doing nothing during that time but spinning around and around,  throwing Rikti away from the characters that don't have ranged attacks, is not one of them.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:06 AM, Nemu said:

People that leap off to the beyond after someone announces TT. And every time someone announces TT you can bet at least half the team don't stick around to use it. You CAN backtrack the 50-100 yards that you moved back to the transport and wait for the next pulse. Now the rest of the team has to wait for you to traverse across all of IP so we can start? No thanks, that's one exception that I'll make to the point above. It's really not about TT, it's about paying attention.

People who use TT without announcing it first. It's very disorienting to be flying along to the next mission, and then all of a sudden you're flying into a wall.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, EmmySky said:

This!   The behavior described is harassment (repeated after being asked to stop) but its more juvenile, along the lines of 13 year old boys, rather than sexual harassment.  

Now I am probably gonna get myself in a heap of trouble here, but I have a dad, an ex-husband and two sons in their 20s, in addition to many friends and acquaintances of the male persuasion, and I have found that most men are just big 13 year olds at heart. 

Juvenile immature stuff is gonna happen.  If you need to report it, report it.  I haven't seen anything like what @Hexquisite describes so maybe its server population or whatever.

Passing off sexual harassment as "boys will be boys" is how rape culture perpetuates.  I have a dick and I know this.

Edited by roleki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

There is a time and place for everything, and ten minutes of the skirmish in a Rikti raid where my Scrapper runs up to a group of Rikti as they port in... and then, before she can attack any of them, they're flung forty feet away by Joe Whirlwind, who is doing nothing during that time but spinning around and around,  throwing Rikti away from the characters that don't have ranged attacks, is not one of them.

This would amuse me, but I 100% understand why someone wouldn't like this. I'm a fan of chaos.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hexquisite said:

People who use TT without announcing it first. It's very disorienting to be flying along to the next mission, and then all of a sudden you're flying into a wall.

turn on the teleport prompt.

14 hours ago, MTeague said:

I would not expect such mercy from any PvP'er. 

I'm firmly in the camp of "you went into the zone, you stayed long enough to get flagged, whaddiya really expect?"

I'm NOT actually a PvP'er myself.  I'm diehard PvE. 

But anytime I do enter, for a Shivan, or for some RV badges, etc, I do so knowing I can be ganked, possibly repeatedly ganked to the point where I simply choose to strategically retreat and try again at like 3:30 am, one random night if I get a bout of insomnia.   (Insomnia SUCKS, but sometimes, hell, if I'm gonna be awake ANYWAY, I might as well try to use the time....)

well good news according to what we learned here it's perfectly legit to report them for harassment.  what a world we live in.

2 hours ago, roleki said:

Passing off sexual harassment as "boys will be boys" is how rape culture perpetuates.  I have a dick and I know this.

I just want to clarify, again, as a dude with a handful of female toons that wouldn’t say no to a spanking or two. Your claim that this is sexual harassment only works if we can agree that the sex of the pixels in the game is the only relevant data point, as opposed to the typically unknown sex of the player. Is that really a hill you want to die on?

1 minute ago, arcaneholocaust said:

I just want to clarify, again, as a dude with a handful of female toons that wouldn’t say no to a spanking or two. Your claim that this is sexual harassment only works if we can agree that the sex of the pixels in the game is the only relevant data point, as opposed to the typically unknown sex of the player. Is that really a hill you want to die on?

I dunno, is defending unnecessary behavior that could be interpreted as sexual harassment the hill YOU want to die on?

• Like 3

• When players say 'X' powerset can clear faster than 'Y'. It's cool to be passionate about a powerset. Hell, I've made assertions and had to back down on a few, but one I seem to be perturbed by the most is when you're trying to sing me the praises of say...MA versus well, StJ. Numerically StJ is better, however I understand if you like from an aesthetic sense, MA.
  • "Poison sucks"=Really? So the ONLY set in the game with as high -res sucks besides, say, sonic blast sucks? I didn't know having a better version of benumb by lvl 2(def) or 4(everyone else) was the worst.
  • Wanton KB. Look, KB is fine, but please don't knock enemies out of a good rain or AoE nuke. It's not cool and you did no damage while still being a nuisance.
  • This debate about farming. To everyone ragging on how anyone enjoys the game. Learn these three words and learn them well. Mind. Your. Business. Repeat ad infinitum until you're able to fully process what you're saying. Then repeat it again.  I don't care how little you can comprehend it, it's not you, so you shouldn't care.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Just now, roleki said:

I dunno, is defending unnecessary behavior that could be interpreted as sexual harassment the hill YOU want to die on?

In 2020, people, especially the woke ones, have pretty nutty interpretations of life. I’m not too bothered by it, no, but I do find your little intimidating “prepare to get canceled” tone to be cute so thanks for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

In 2020, people, especially the woke ones, have pretty nutty interpretations of life. I’m not too bothered by it, no, but I do find your little intimidating “prepare to get canceled” tone to be cute so thanks for that.

Who is canceling what?  What are you even on about?  Go around, slap all the asses you want, climb on top of someone while you're at it.  Who am I to interrupt your good time?

Okay...

How about this...

Rather or not you, personally, consider it harassment... If you're doing some emote silliness that annoys another player enough to make them say "Cut it out!"... 

(( JUST STOP DOING IT ))

You don't have to get it.

You just have to stop.

Otherwise? You're being That Guy. (Or That Gal, as the case may be-)

Don't be That Guy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice