P2W Vendor - Block Common Salvage

13 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

Ok, I thought I spelled it out in English, but my bad, perhaps I didn't, let me reiterate.  IF the market supply took a hit and prices went up for people buying, they seem to be missing the point that those same people would also MAKE MORE inf when they sell salvage they don't need, thereby balancing that equation.

I understood you just fine.  You may be making more, but you are still spending more which sounds like a complete wash to me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

IF the market supply took a hit and prices went up for people buying, they seem to be missing the point that those same people would also MAKE MORE inf when they sell salvage they don't need, thereby balancing that equation.

Right so you're causing inflation just because you can't be bothered for the 30 seconds it takes to post to the AH.  Getting more inf to pay for higher prices isn't doing anything but inflation for laziness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Right so you're causing inflation just because you can't be bothered for the 30 seconds it takes to post to the AH.  Getting more inf to pay for higher prices isn't doing anything but inflation for laziness.

I am not causing anything, because I trash all white and yellow salvage, ALL, every single piece and will continue to do so (as do many many other people), so I am not causing anything to inflate and if my actions are causing inflation, deal with it.  I don't need 50 influence from a piece of salvage, I can kill mobs for millions of influence faster than I can drop, drag, list and then claim influence from the AH.  Anybody that's played this game for more than 15 minutes should easily be able to earn up the influence they need for pretty much anything.

I also block all common recipes and I trash most yellow and some orange recipes too (OMG, run, inflation, somebody isn't feeding the market), yet, I don't see those prices spiraling out of control.

Your points, while acknowledged don't hold water, because I know a TON of people that block common recipes, delete white and yellow salvage (or sell to vendor).  People that sell to the AH will likely always continue to do so because that's their choice, people like me will continue to destroy it and it'll NEVER, EVER go to the market, so, either way, the market has not and will not ever benefit from my salvage.

I did even say make it 100M to block salvage, make it 1B to block salvage, make it 2B to block salvage and I'll buy it immediately without pause or hesitation.  People that can afford THAT price to block it are NOT selling to the market, full stop.

• Like 2

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

3 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

I understood you just fine.  You may be making more, but you are still spending more which sounds like a complete wash to me.

Exactly the point, they wouldn't be any better or worse off than they are today, it's a balanced equation in that particular "What if" scenario...

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

46 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

Exactly the point, they wouldn't be any better or worse off than they are today, it's a balanced equation in that particular "What if" scenario...

Well, you are both assuming that your net usage is neutral.

Fact is, some people generate hundreds if not thousands of common (or uncommon, or rare) salvage more than they use per day.  They will be better off with higher prices and lower supply.

Some people use hundreds if not thousands of common (or uncommon, or rare) salvage more than they generate per day.  They will be worse off with higher prices and lower supply.

The job of the devs and the free market is to make sure that those people meet up, have a coffee, work stuff out.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Icecomet said:

Well, yes there would be people who would be worse off because you are looking to decrease supply which is going to raise prices.  We cannot assume anyone is always posting their salvage into the AH.  Many people hoard it in their SG storage.  

If the inf gain is so minuscule, then have any inf earned from auto-posting it to the AH be destroyed so no one is inconvenienced by having to press a button in the AH to collect it.  Great influence sink!

Edited by ShardWarrior

37 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

If the inf gain is so minuscule, then have any inf earned from auto-posting it to the AH be destroyed so no one is inconvenienced by having to press a button in the AH to collect it.  Great influence sink!

I still wouldn't be bothered.

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs: