Leaving a Club You Started (Forums)

WELP!   That's embarrassing.

I was exploring the new Clubs feature, and I wanted to see how it worked exactly, so I made a couple test Clubs ("Roleplay" and "Roleplaying").   However, for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to -leave- them now!

I joined the Wiki Club, and managed to leave it no problem.  But where the Leave Club button was got that Club, these Clubs which I am hosting appear to have a Manage Club button in that place.  There doesn't appear to be a Leave or Delete Club option present.

Could anyone give me a hand with this, please?

• Game Master

Yup, what I figured.

There's this place called Storium that allows for deletion in only one scenario: if a user doesn't have anyone join their story and begin playing the game, they can delete their content with no problem.  Once someone joins, too late.  (Anyone who contributes has the right to keep their writings in-tact.)

IPS isn't that smart, unfortunately.  Permissions are more 'all or nothing' when it comes to command availability.  But that same reasoning as Storium applies here too: as Clubs are a collaborative area we don't allow users of any rank to delete clubs without Admin intervention. 

File a support ticket to explain what happened, and we'll go from there.

Edited by GM Tahquitz
  • Thanks 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

WELL!   First time I've used the in-forum Support feature.  So!  That's a new experience too, heh.  Learning so much today!

Would it be possible to warn users when they are about to make a Club, so that this situation doesn't arise too often in the future?

I would recommend a simple dialogue box of:  "You are about to create the Club named "[NAME]."  This can not be undone without Administrative intervention.  Are you sure you want to create this Club?"  [YES] [CANCEL]

13 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

File a support ticket to explain what happened, and we'll go from there.

Actually, you might want to instead create a thread in which the only purpose for people to post in it on the forums here is to file requests for Club delete actions by the creators of those Clubs.  That way you've got an easy to access (and public) record in writing of the requests to.  Think of it as being akin to the Report Typos thread, in that it's a repository for actions that need to be taken at some point (although not instantly).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 3 weeks later