Just saw something I could barely believe

Patti

This morning I saw like ten people waiting in line outside a shopping area with sitting in lawn chairs or on the sidewalk.   Little weird but it's not totally strange I guess other than the pandemic rules.  But then I go by at lunch and the line is around the block in both directions!  I think like is this for a concert?  Is that allowed now?  I didn't hear about my city lifting any bans yet.  So I ask and apparently it's for shoes.

People lining up around the block for some new name brand shoe.  I had no idea people cared that much.  I just want something comfortable that will last and look nice enough.  But I guess some people really care about a certain name or logo icon on the side of their foot.

• 3 weeks later

I was just telling a relative that, in the 1980s, shoes used to be relatively cheaply priced (but better made).  Sturdy materials, clean lines, but not flashy.  Then one day, this crazy company released the first Air Jordans, charged an outrageous price and people went nuts clamoring for them.  After that, other shoe companies decided they'd like a piece of that pie, lots of knock offs came out, also jacked to ridiculous prices, and overnight, a reasonably price shoe market start breaking people's piggy banks.  All because of some shoes with some fancy endorsement.  They didn't even self-lace!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I was just telling a relative that, in the 1980s, shoes used to be relatively cheaply priced (but better made).  Sturdy materials, clean lines, but not flashy.  Then one day, this crazy company released the first Air Jordans, charged an outrageous price and people went nuts clamoring for them.  After that, other shoe companies decided they'd like a piece of that pie, lots of knock offs came out, also jacked to ridiculous prices, and overnight, a reasonably price shoe market start breaking people's piggy banks.  All because of some shoes with some fancy endorsement.  They didn't even self-lace!

Replace shoes with iPhone, and you will get a similar story.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

This evening I met a senior co-worker when I was walking back home. I thought he was gesturing at me, but he was not.

He quickly pulled off his mask, and then he sneezed. He put on his mask again shortly after. 

My hunch is that he was trying to keep his mask clean. Maybe. I tried not to laugh. 

• Haha 1

I know it goes against the purpose of the mask in the first place, but I don't blame the bloke. Could you imagine wearing a snot-sogged mask the rest of the trip? 

Anyway, here's something I saw for the first time in-game after more than a year of playing. I wasn't aware they came in this variant.

Untitled.jpeg.db08b30457092473a1806f4b76fd33dd.jpeg

I wonder if this thread is also a place for bad jokes.

This morning my colleague showed me this cheap stamp pad.

FiyXvck.jpg

Use "Hero" stamp ink only.

Such an audacity! Who do you think you are, Mr. Stamp Pad? A printer? Heck, even our printers could not afford such luxury.

This "heroic" stamp pad is clearly deluded!

• Like 1