Rad/Kin Corr

majorrazermajor

On 7/11/2020 at 9:50 AM, majorrazermajor said:

Hello, I'm looking for some decent Rad/Kin tank builds...? Big debuffs and great kin buffs. I wanna use it for farming... I just can't seem to put one together.

Why not go fire/kin for farming?

• 1 month later

Here's mine fwiw....super fun.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: X-Ray Beam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(46)
Level 1: Transfusion -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Irradiate -- SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(9), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(48)
Level 4: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Siphon Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Proton Volley -- ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(15), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(37), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(37), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(37), ExcCnt-Stun%(50)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Repel -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(13), EndRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 18: Cosmic Burst -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(21), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(33)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(25), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(39), RedFrt-EndRdx(40)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(27), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 26: Neutron Bomb -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(31)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(45), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(45), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(45), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 32: Atomic Blast -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36)
Level 35: Transference -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-Def/Rchg(42), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 44: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(11)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

Edited by Doc Ranger

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

Can I hijack your thread and ask for some Rad/Kin playing advice? I just returned to the game, and rolled a Rad/Kin Corruptor, after deciding not to roll my live main toon Rad/Son Def. It was powerful but slow and boring. Well, this Kin is definitely not slow or boring, but can be a bit overwhelmingly clicky?? There's a lot to do.

Questions:

(1) Does this AT always struggle with endurance (I'm only at level 30), or does it get better once I get Transference and everything slotted?

(2) I am capable of great dmg, I am capable of great buffs/debuffs, but I really struggle to consistently do both. How do you prioritize? Do you open with FS to debuff dmg, launch into AoEs, then ST to finish off weakest mobs with Scourge, and then rip out things like Transference, Transfusion and/or Siphons as needed? On fast teams do you just debuff/buff? Just drop dmg if the team is rolling?

(3) How do you manage teammates buffs? Do you keep their buffs expanded on the screen? Are there macros or other tools to help me SB all of my teammates, other than clicking on each name and dropping that buff?

I realize these are big questions, amounting to how do you play this game, but any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated  =/

On 7/13/2020 at 12:54 PM, Darkir said:

Why not go fire/kin for farming?

Fire/Kin is overrated. Besides, why on earth you want to farm on Fire/Kin corr instead of Broot, like seriously? Big difference.

Rad/Kin used to be very popular on Live due to -def. Nowadays, it's alright, Neutrino Bolt never been the same as Live RIP. Anyway, you need to be careful with Irradiate, it's an aggro magnet. 

11 hours ago, Heliodorus said:

Fire/Kin is overrated. Besides, why on earth you want to farm on Fire/Kin corr instead of Broot, like seriously? Big difference.

Rad/Kin used to be very popular on Live due to -def. Nowadays, it's alright, Neutrino Bolt never been the same as Live RIP. Anyway, you need to be careful with Irradiate, it's an aggro magnet. 

So first off, the OP said he wanted to use it for farming specifically, thus I gave a tailored response. Not everyone wants to have the most efficient farmer and some want to make something different just to spice things up. 

That being said, the reason you bring a fire/kin to a farm is to team up with 1/2 brutes on longer maps to not need red insps and not have any loading times. It is faster money to have a team of one fire/kin corr and one rad/fire brute compared to two rad/fire brutes. A brute friend and I can clear the comic con cave map in 26:24 which beat the two brute team by a couple minutes. 

Solo my fire/kin corr can clear the asteroid map in 6:30 without inspirations. Now a truly efficient brute with red combining macros and the like can clear it in around 4, that is a big difference, but the fire/kin corr is faster when teaming with other brutes.

Edited by Darkir