Givin MA to Brutes&Tanks was a mistake

TheGloriousStrategist

Brutes and Tanks are about raw strength. They shouldn't be using martial arts or any kind of fancy karate moves. Everywhere I see, everyone is rolling a Brute. This is making a mockery of things. It's even hurting the integrity of characters people make. Bruce Lee was not a brute, he was a scrapper. Period. Brute is a villain thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

I would agree that bruce lee probably was a scrapper but bruce lee does not represent the entirety of martial arts concepts. That larger bloke in enter the dragon (the bad guys champion) could be described as a brute simply on size alone. It's not for any of us to say what concepts are correct or not for anyone else. More options > less options.

• Like 2

Watching granite armor with rooted enabled whilst kicking people in the face forces me to disagree with the OP.

I still get the point... once upon a time the flavor of an AT was incorporated into the attack sets it was allowed... but then brutes got claws which forced me to say "proliferate ALL the things!"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Watching granite armor with rooted enabled whilst kicking people in the face forces me to disagree with the OP.

I still get the point... once upon a time the flavor of an AT was incorporated into the attack sets it was allowed... but then brutes got claws which forced me to say "proliferate ALL the things!"

I do not agree with mass proliferation- I think it took away from ATs, but alas we are here so whatever just do it. :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

I do not agree with mass proliferation- I think it took away from ATs, but alas we are here so whatever just do it. :3

I kind of get this but I still think more options are better than less. If they could have produced enough powersets that each AT could have it's own suite of powersets then that might have been ok but given how much work that would have been I think we are better off where we are. Besides I find it interesting how the same set plays differently on different AT's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheGloriousStrategist said:

Brutes and Tanks are about raw strength. They shouldn't be using martial arts or any kind of fancy karate moves. Everywhere I see, everyone is rolling a Brute. This is making a mockery of things. It's even hurting the integrity of characters people make. Bruce Lee was not a brute, he was a scrapper. Period. Brute is a villain thing.

Bolo Yeung was a Brute and Bruce was a Scrapper.

Chuck was a BruTankapper....all 3 lol.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheGloriousStrategist said:

1142176005_fef66d3a2d281653f6b1b6d87eb48ae9(2).jpg.8de154e086abb25dbff0eba4ec2cdaef.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Please tell me you can Eagle Claw whilst Granite+Rooted?

What a sight that would be to behold

22 hours ago, TheGloriousStrategist said:

I was hoping for MA to be ported to Brute's during live & I happen to like my Ma/Fire/Soul Brute now that it is here thank you very much.

9 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Physics... it don't mean shit.

Yes, yes you can.

Crap, now I gotta roll up a Stone/MA Tanker.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Well, I really hope I like Marital Arts as a set, since I just created three tankers:  Dark Lee, Biologic Lee, and Radioactive Lee.

I guess I'm making a mockery of things...

EDIT:  this has not been the first time I've mixed up "martial" and "marital"...  I apologize, especially to my spouse...

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Who run Bartertown?

9 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well, I really hope I like Marital Arts as a set, since I just created three tankers:  Dark Lee, Biologic Lee, and Radioactive Lee.

EDIT:  this has not been the first time I've mixed up "martial" and "marital"...  I apologize, especially to my spouse...

Dark marital arts? Now we're talking.

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2020 at 8:30 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

In fairness, the line between "marital" and "martial" can be as confoundingly vague as it is infintesimally narrow.  Which isn't always a bad thing. 😉

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.