What's the Best Gravity Dominator Build You Can Put Together?

oedipus_tex

On 7/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, VV said:

Soul Mastery is pretty much my favorite epic for Doms. I know most people prefer Ice, but Soul offers End management, good armor, bonus Acc + Damage, and a decent pet. Plus, a nice AOE, if you need one.

Your selling it to me... 🙂

Azrael.

17 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Is the 'Frenzy' power temporary or permanent?

So it helps you get Domination back if it drops by accident?

Azrael.

As with all the alignment powers, you will have it so long as you stay that alignment.  So, maybe don't talk to Null the Gull.

Frenzy is a clickable power that, on a dominator, makes your domination bar go to 100%.

Say I just started my first mission of the day.  I have enough recharge to have permadom, but I haven't taken out any enemies yet today so my domination bar is at 0.  If I click frenzy, my domination bar is now at 100% so I can click my domination power.  Frenzy will recharge in 6 minutes.

Say I have enough recharge for for permadom, but I wasn't paying enough attention and I let permadom go down.  Now my domination power is recharged, but, since I let permadom drop, my domination bar has dropped to zero.  Assuming Frenzy has recharged, I can click that to get my domination bar recharged again.

Frenzy just fills the domination bar, you need the domination power recharged, with enough in the domination bar, to activate dom.

That help?

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

8 hours ago, Falsey said:

Waaaah? How dare you skip Singy!! Haha

The way I play, pets are perma-dead, even Singy and Stoney.  Fully Buffed Resist Capped Stoney goes down in less than 10 seconds.  (The way *I* Play.  No one said you have play /that/ deep in insane.)

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

20 hours ago, laudwic said:

As with all the alignment powers, you will have it so long as you stay that alignment.  So, maybe don't talk to Null the Gull.

Frenzy is a clickable power that, on a dominator, makes your domination bar go to 100%.

Say I just started my first mission of the day.  I have enough recharge to have permadom, but I haven't taken out any enemies yet today so my domination bar is at 0.  If I click frenzy, my domination bar is now at 100% so I can click my domination power.  Frenzy will recharge in 6 minutes.

Say I have enough recharge for for permadom, but I wasn't paying enough attention and I let permadom go down.  Now my domination power is recharged, but, since I let permadom drop, my domination bar has dropped to zero.  Assuming Frenzy has recharged, I can click that to get my domination bar recharged again.

Frenzy just fills the domination bar, you need the domination power recharged, with enough in the domination bar, to activate dom.

That help?

The reason I ask?  I remember having it after doing the Mu Patron arc.   Back on live.  I recall having it after doing the Mu arc on HComing.   I just wasn't entirely clear what it was doing. 

So.  I see.  You have the recharge...but *not* the enemies...it gives you the 'enough enemies click.'  6 mins rech'.  That's decent since it would be an emergency or mostly '1' time or here and there use case for the veteran Dominator.

And again...if you 'lose concentration' in battle and domi drops?  You can work yourself up into the frenzy without panic hitting mobs.  I see.  I had it before...but I wasn't sure what it did.  Entirely.  I thought it would just do extra damage.  Heh. 😮    

But if you're hero side...go do the Mu Patron (get frenzy...) villain side then come back to hero side?  It doesn't survive the journey? 😕

That helps. 

Regards,

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

4 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

And again...if you 'lose concentration' in battle and domi drops?  

To clarify, I soloed my dominator to 50.  I used to have Hasten on auto and manually clicked domination (I've switched them, much better).  When I was searching the map after I've taken out all the enemies for the darn blinking thing that I needed to click, I would be paying so much attention to finding the last thing to click on that I would sometimes forget to click on domination immediately after it recharged but the domination bar was still full.  Some time would pass, my domination bar would drop to nothing and the fact that my domination power recharged in time didn't help.  When that happened, I could just use Frenzy if I wanted domination back on before I fight again.

I'm currently leveling a baby Grav/Rad dom redside, and while it's a little rough (the early levels always seem to be. Either that or I'm super reckless!), this is really fun and I can't wait to get more powers. I may have screwed up on when to order of when to pick up stuff, but he's only 14 so... not a big deal. Looking forward to Singularity and Wormhole though! Honestly I thought I'd find nothing on Grav in here, but I'm glad to see that there are folks who enjoy it as much as I am right now. I have no build yet - and when I do, it'll likely need some touch ups - but I look forward to trying to get something put together.

@rajjypants - Everlasting Server

Gravity has a lot going for it.  A very hard edge to its controls.  Forklift trucking someone always goes down well.  Crushing.  Lifting.  Singularity Pet.  Dimension shifting.  Wormholing a mob on top of your pet or into a corner.

What's not to like?  Add to it the eternally 'hard edges' fun and smooth as butter energy blast/melee?

Great sets to be reckless with.

Golden.

Azrael.

21 hours ago, laudwic said:

To clarify, I soloed my dominator to 50.  I used to have Hasten on auto and manually clicked domination (I've switched them, much better).  When I was searching the map after I've taken out all the enemies for the darn blinking thing that I needed to click, I would be paying so much attention to finding the last thing to click on that I would sometimes forget to click on domination immediately after it recharged but the domination bar was still full.  Some time would pass, my domination bar would drop to nothing and the fact that my domination power recharged in time didn't help.  When that happened, I could just use Frenzy if I wanted domination back on before I fight again.

Yes.  I've tried both ways.

I prefer Domination on Auto.  But sometimes...it does drop.  I don't know why.  I think I have plenty global recharge on it.

And I manually assign Hasten.  I can decided whether I want quick or balladic combat.

Azrael.

13 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Yes.  I've tried both ways.

I prefer Domination on Auto.  But sometimes...it does drop.  I don't know why.  I think I have plenty global recharge on it.

And I manually assign Hasten.  I can decided whether I want quick or balladic combat.

Azrael.

If Domination is dropping it could be because you got hit with -Recharge. Most Psi and Ice power have it, and even a little bit of it can cause Domination to drop.

Also, if Domination drops while on Auto, it could be due to power que backup. Also, lag. I have always been a Hasten-on-Auto and click-Dom kind of player. Recently, I tried it the other way and just could not get the hang of it. I don't really know why, but it seemed like I couldn't keep either one up that way. So, I've gone back. It really is just personal preference.

9 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

If Domination is dropping it could be because you got hit with -Recharge. Most Psi and Ice power have it, and even a little bit of it can cause Domination to drop.

Aha.  Intelligent answer.  No one has said that before.  *Gives GOLD star to oedipus_tex.  So getting hammered by -rech' would do it.  *nods.  So if I was fighting vs Carnie Misteress and Pets and getting spam' hammered.  Psi.  I'd have to really watch the Domi button more carefully.  And Ice...

I like your posts and builds, oedipus_tex.  I always learn something new.

Hmm.  That makes sense.  Approves.

Azrael.

7 hours ago, VV said:

Also, if Domination drops while on Auto, it could be due to power que backup. Also, lag. I have always been a Hasten-on-Auto and click-Dom kind of player. Recently, I tried it the other way and just could not get the hang of it. I don't really know why, but it seemed like I couldn't keep either one up that way. So, I've gone back. It really is just personal preference.

I did 'wonder' about power queueing myself.  If the power queue was waiting to execute other powers in the frenzy of battle...and that 'moment of time' Domi button window passes...you get the 'duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....' and it drops.  (Then my swaggering God like swagger turns to sheer panic... 😮 )

But now I 'know' more about 'Frenzy' that need not be an issue any longer.  I'll have to check I haven't Null the Gulled it.

The one thing about having hasten on auto.  It will(!) execute.  ie.  It's not going to 'drop.'  Leaving you to only keep an eye on the Domi button.

By having Domi' button on manual...it comes around that fast on hasten...that it's almost part of the attack chain.  (Maybe...it should be considered so on a Domin....)

...and doing it that way...it forces me to prioritise that in battle.  And it never gets old clicking that Domi-God button.  It is satisfying...

I sometimes leave 'auto hasten' off so that the Domi button doesn't come around that fast...as I often forget in the frenzy of battle.  Maybe I should bring it down from Tier 3 tray into the powers tray...

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

Another thing about Domi.

I have a more 'melee' style of combat.

I like the hard edged nature of Gravity and the blappable melee nature of energy.  You get the cerebral controls of a controller with the blaster/blapper insanity of a blaster.

So you're a 'controller' who can 'mix it' up close and personal in combat. 😄

...However, I note a Controller has access to the Stone Epic...that has melee options.... 😉

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

The main enemy group to watch out for is Arachnos. On my Elec/Psi perma dom I can run Council or Circle of Thorns radio missions at x8+4. But not Arachnos. I can go until Domination drops due to -Recharge. Even token amounts of -Recharge will do it.

for the other gravity doms out there, i'll share a strategy I'e been using recently.  I re-summon SIngularity on my own location in a tough fight, and she acts as a free repel-shield against the melee creeps.  this was especially helpful on some Night Ward missions with dudes who summon shadow wolves that can't be damaged.  Just fling em away!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2020 at 12:23 PM, oedipus_tex said:

The main enemy group to watch out for is Arachnos. On my Elec/Psi perma dom I can run Council or Circle of Thorns radio missions at x8+4. But not Arachnos. I can go until Domination drops due to -Recharge. Even token amounts of -Recharge will do it.

Cheers, oedipus_tex.

That makes sense.

The arachnos are debuff everything.  So that may explain why my Perma Domi runs aground at times.  It will be the pet encounter and occ' queued power in that fight.

I can see that now.  *nods.

When I get my new rig.  I'll be able to test this.

Azrael.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, Linea said:

The way I play, pets are perma-dead, even Singy and Stoney.  Fully Buffed Resist Capped Stoney goes down in less than 10 seconds.  (The way *I* Play.  No one said you have play /that/ deep in insane.)

I'm curious to see how you play because singy shouldn't have any issue surviving alpha strikes unless you throw them in the fray lol.