Will the original disc work to download?

Jellywiggles

I'm not sure it would save any time. Even just considering *live* changes, there were a lot of changes from 2004. Add to that the launcher points to different servers... it's probably better to just download the launcher and let it obtain the newest relevant files.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• Game Master

The last CD release of City of Heroes was made for Going Rogue, Issue 18.  The files used in Tequila are Issue 24. 

Since that release, the Incarnate system, First Ward, Night Ward, and the Freedom client changes were all made since that time.  (Kallisti Wharf was partially finished in the Issue 24 files, but was finished by the community as a zone.)

The way Tequila patches makes no difference between a pigg that is 70-90% similar or 10%, it'll download the entire file again.  Very few files will be similar if at all. 

I wouldn't recommend using the CD to start or install the game.  I doubt anything bad will occur, but too much has happened since that will make the files of any use.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.