Biggest pet peeves...

killigraphy

4 hours ago, Rishidian said:

Pop Tarts are emaciated pies.

Slap two of them together with peanut butter in between and you'll have a sandwich...pie.

I'd suggest a pop tart flavor that went well with peanut butter though. Not sure that cinnamon and peanut butter would be all that tasty

• 3 weeks later
  • Game Master
18 hours ago, Rishidian said:

I'm still waiting for this thread to devolve into:

1. discussion of Star Wars
  2. discussion of Babylon 5
  3. calls to nerf Regen
  4. complaints about farming
  5. complaints about Knockback
  6. bitching about power creep
  7. pleas to add more power creep

Any takers?

You're missing "Farscape Sequel/Reboot".  Frell yes, I want more puppets in space.

• Haha 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

2 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

You're missing "Farscape Sequel/Reboot".  Frell yes, I want more puppets in space.

Sequel, surely. A reboot would be blasphemy!

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Biggest pet peeve - when someone broadcasts they are LFM for a TF/Team they are putting together.  You send them a tell, only to get no response - and then several minutes later, they send out the request again. 

Bothers me so much, I put them on ignore.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Biggest pet peeve - when someone broadcasts they are LFM for a TF/Team they are putting together.  You send them a tell, only to get no response - and then several minutes later, they send out the request again. 

Bothers me so much, I put them on ignore.

I haven't put anyone on ignore for this, but it has made me wonder if I am the one on ignore or something. In some cases I've sent the person a tell twice and I still get no response and then see the request go again and team end up filling. Glad I'm not the only one who's had this problem though.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

9 hours ago, Rishidian said:

I actually have the 4 DVD set to Farscape, with commentaries.  Along with a 10th anniversary t-shirt.

I loved that show.

Winner!

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

16 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I haven't put anyone on ignore for this, but it has made me wonder if I am the one on ignore or something. In some cases I've sent the person a tell twice and I still get no response and then see the request go again and team end up filling. Glad I'm not the only one who's had this problem though.

Every once in awhile I think its because they have me on ignore for some reason - but I think its more a case of not liking the type of alt I may be using. 

Maybe the team already has enough of my type of alt

Maybe the leader is trying to build the "perfect" team, and my alt wont fit the mold.

We dont know the reason - but they dont have the courtesy to let me know "sorry, I have enough blasters/tanks/trollers/whatever", then they are someone I dont want to team with.    

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Maybe the leader is trying to build the "perfect" team, and my alt wont fit the mold.

This is sometimes an indication that the team leader has come to CoH from one of the "Holy Trinity" MMOs (the ones slavishly following WoW's Tank/DPS/Heal straitjacket), and haven't learned that CoH doesn't have the same baked-in requirement for any given AT or powerset. These are the ones I see posting solicitations for team members, but want a tell with AT, level, and powerset. Some of the most entertaining runs I've had playing the game have been with either accidentally or deliberately 'bent' teams, where the mix of ATs we got would be horribly unusable in a "Holy Trinity" MMO.

• Like 3