Biggest pet peeves...

killigraphy

People marinating themselves in cologne.  

• If I can walk by your parked car, with the windows rolled up and your not actually in it but I can smell your cologne/fragrance/body spray/soap/shampoo-conditioner/all the crap you put on your body  -- Then you are wearing too much.
  • If people's eyes water or experience breathing problems in your presence  --  The you are wearing too much
  • If I can light a match in your general vicinity and you self-combust  --  The you are wearing too much

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

41 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

I dunno, Oubli'.  That last one might be "you are wearing -just- enough.  Carry on."

The thought had crossed my mind...

• Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

People who take half the contents of a grocery store into the express line. Alternatively, people who have two sets of fifteen items, because 'this is for someone else'. 

• Like 1

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

42 minutes ago, Mike Morbid said:

People who take half the contents of a grocery store into the express line. Alternatively, people who have two sets of fifteen items, because 'this is for someone else'. 

The only times I've done that is when I've had maybe 20 items, and there was absolutely no one in line...and the checkout girl was cute bored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jubakumbi said:

Willful ignorance.

Dibs on the band name!

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

23 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Runs off to reserve the name for some sort of Mind controller/dominator ...

My new favorite blaster was created a few months ago when someone here on the forums tried to dismiss my comments with an intended insult: "go away, blasterman."

And thus, BLASTERMAN was born!

image.png.150f52a845b81c16afb3444e4b56ff4a.png

Edited by Rathulfr
months!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

When people use the word "literally" to mean "metaphorically" or "extremely".  The only reason the word "literally" exists is to distinguish a literal statement from a metaphorical statement.  What's the point of even having that word otherwise?

When people claim that the Moon landings were all a hoax/conspiracy.  IMO, landing on the Moon is one of the greatest things that humanity has ever achieved, and I find it insulting and severely depressing that people think it was all fictitious, especially when their "proof" is ridiculous if you know even a little bit about the conditions on the Moon, photography, and general science. 
(This pet peeve may have something to do with the fact that I'm an astrophysics student and life-long space geek.  Also, I expect to get a few mocking "wait, you think we really landed on the moon? 😛" responses, but if it's at all possible, please don't.  I know this is the internet, but still....)

• Like 4

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

1 minute ago, Shocktacular said:

When people use the word "literally" to mean "metaphorically" or "extremely".  The only reason the word "literally" exists is to distinguish a literal statement from a metaphorical statement.  What's the point of even having that word otherwise?

When people claim that the Moon landings were all a hoax/conspiracy.  IMO, landing on the Moon is one of the greatest things that humanity has ever achieved, and I find it insulting and severely depressing that people think it was all fictitious, especially when their "proof" is ridiculous if you know even a little bit about the conditions on the Moon, photography, and general science. 
(This pet peeve may have something to do with the fact that I'm an astrophysics student and life-long space geek.  Also, I expect to get a few mocking "wait, you think we really landed on the moon? 😛" responses, but if it's at all possible, please don't.  I know this is the internet, but still....)

We literally landed on the moon.

😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Personally, I think the last half of the Apollo 13 flight was a slightly more impressive feat than landing on the Moon.

That's just my opinion, though.

• Like 1

That was pretty damn spectacular.

They could make a movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

6 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

Personally, I think the last half of the Apollo 13 flight was a slightly more impressive feat than landing on the Moon.

That's just my opinion, though.

Talk of the Apollo missions always has me rooting in my music collection.

My pet peeve is that I haven't got a 3rd song.
This will have to do...

Another peeve is that someone's keying their mic. I can hear myself back.

That always reminds me of Chuck Yeagar. What a badge collector he is!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Yeager

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 7/20/2020 at 12:05 AM, Shocktacular said:

Oh, you're one of those that believes there is a moon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In game its when people are recruiting for a team and you send a message asking if there is still room or if they will let you join on an alt and they never respond to you. 

Out of game its when my wife complains non stop about how much she dislikes her job but then gets irate at me when I tell her to find a new one.

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:10 AM, Sovera said:

Oh, you're one of those that believes there is a moon?

There used to be a website parodying the moon landing conspiracy buffs that revealed the moon itself is a hoax.

I went looking for it to cite here, but alas, no luck. I hope it's still out there somewhere.

"Let me explain. No, there is too much, let me sum up." - I. Montoya

Notice how old pictures of the moon are in black and white, and only recently it's in color? That's because the technology They use to fake it has gotten better over the years.

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

13 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

There used to be a website parodying the moon landing conspiracy buffs that revealed the moon itself is a hoax.

I went looking for it to cite here, but alas, no luck. I hope it's still out there somewhere.

"Let me explain. No, there is too much, let me sum up." - I. Montoya

Notice how old pictures of the moon are in black and white, and only recently it's in color? That's because the technology They use to fake it has gotten better over the years.

“That’s no moon! It’s a potato in front of a desk lamp!”

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

5 hours ago, Nafsmar said:

In game its when people are recruiting for a team and you send a message asking if there is still room or if they will let you join on an alt and they never respond to you. 

A million times this. It's happened more than once, and I don't understand it.

I saw a player advertising a Virgil Tarikoss Strike Force, and so I grabbed my low level villain and sent him a tell. No response. I figured maybe he has a different tab open, so I go right to Virgil Tarikoss, and he's there with about four other peeps, still advertising that he had 3 spots left. I sent him another tell, nothing. I walked right up to his character and said in broadcast "I'll join your Tarikoss SF!"

Nope. Still nothing. I sat there for another five minutes, wondering if he had me on ignore and couldn't see me. I didn't recognize him, I didn't have him on ignore, didn't know who he was, but whoever he was, he was 100% intent on pretending I didn't exist. His SF filled up in that time, and then he and his whole team flew away, leaving me very confused and a little bit upset too.

Does the game tell you if a player is ignoring you? I can't think of anything I might have done to be ignored by some random player, and all of my tells, to my knowledge, were getting through fine.

• Like 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.