Biggest pet peeves...

killigraphy

For in game purposes my biggest peeve is people who seem to think that the game is some kind of advance science and that only THEY have mastered it through playing how THEY deem to be the right way to play. Therefore no one that power levels could possible know as much as them or how to play the game etc. 

My second biggest is people who cry about making their character how they want. I mean sure, we should all make characters to our own standards of fun to play that is the entire point. But i do think it is a bit crappy to join a TF with people thinking they took on a damage dealer to find out that you have 25 power choices spread across the healing pools, 2 different travel pools, stealth and teleports etc. Just like if you were to have made a defender or a controler and then said you only pick powers that you gain benefit from for your own attacks, so no fort, no clear mind etc. I mean make a character that is fun sure, but come on there is a limit. And if  you are at that threshold it prob just means you should have made a different AT to begin with. 

• 2 weeks later
On 7/15/2020 at 2:45 AM, Frostbiter said:

Those little sticks that get put through sandwiches. You have to pull them out to eat the sandwich causing it to fall apart. What's the point other than presentation?

it's not presentation. It's to keep them from falling apart. They usually put a flag there instead of just sticks so you see it and don't bite into it jamming up the roof of your mouth. 

The "proper" way to deal with this is to hold your sammich securely before you take the flag out.

Note: where I'm from, we rarely use these flags since there's barely enough between our sammiches that needs holding together 😃

7 minutes ago, Six Six said:

it's not presentation. It's to keep them from falling apart. They usually put a flag there instead of just sticks so you see it and don't bite into it jamming up the roof of your mouth. 

The "proper" way to deal with this is to hold your sammich securely before you take the flag out.

Note: where I'm from, we rarely use these flags since there's barely enough between our sammiches that needs holding together 😃

Yeah, but they keep sticking them in my peanut butter sandwiches...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, 0th Power said:

That reminds me of another.  People who don’t put peanut butter on both slices of bread. If you don’t do that, you will end up with jelly seepage. 

No. No. No.

Bread

Honey

Peanut butter

Jelly

Peanut butter

Honey

Bread

No seepage and extra deliciousness.  Trust me.

Edit...is @Six Six stalking me?

Edited by EmmySky
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

I don’t know, sounds like you’re asking for honey seepage. 

No.  The honey and the bread do a little chemical interaction thing where it almost feels like delicious soft crystals of nectar.  If there is seepage you've added too much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

No.  The honey and the bread do a little chemical interaction thing where it almost feels like delicious soft crystals of nectar.  If there is seepage you've added too much.

Or reversed the ingredients so the honey's on the outside.

And... yeah, that's an apt description.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

People that don't know that you spread peanut butter to the edge of one slice of bread and the jelly shy of the edge of the other slice so that the peanut butter seals the jelly in.

Also, people that think it's odd to but plain potato chips in their PB&J.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I dunno... Honey on a PBJ just sounds like it would make the entire thing way too sweet to actually eat.

I mean, your average glop of grape jelly is already pushing the Sugar Bomb limits as it is. Honey would just be... yikes. TOO MUCH. o_0

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

People that don't know that you spread peanut butter to the edge of one slice of bread and the jelly shy of the edge of the other slice so that the peanut butter seals the jelly in.

Also, people that think it's odd to but plain potato chips in their PB&J.

I prefer Ruffles in my PB&J. My all time favorite sandwich.

I like sliced bananas in mine. With damson preserves and Jif peanut butter.

One of the few sandwiches not made better by sourdough bread.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

people who don’t use a single insp whilst playing - why? crunch down those insps baby, enjoy the free buffs

they drop like crazy during a good team, there’s no good reason not to use them other than some bizarre ego insecurity of “i don’t need insps” 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

people who don’t use a single insp whilst playing - why? crunch down those insps baby, enjoy the free buffs

they drop like crazy during a good team, there’s no good reason not to use them other than some bizarre ego insecurity of “i don’t need insps” 

Guilty, but I literally just forget.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EmmySky said:

No. No. No.

Bread

Honey

Peanut butter

Jelly

Peanut butter

Honey

Bread

No seepage and extra deliciousness.  Trust me.

Edit...is @Six Six stalking me?

Diabetus Levios-ah!

58 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

Or, more likely, they have their inspirations set already. For example, in my case instead of a big bag of random inspirations there are two neat rows of greens for emergency healing, one row of purples to combat defense debuffs, one row of accuracy (I do low level content a lot and Tsoo/Circle of Thorns are painful to whittle while ToHit debuffed to the gills), one emergency blue if sapped, two breakfrees for emergency CC break (DAMN YOU FEARS!) and one emergency orange.

I have tried the macros to combine insps into making reds but found that in a group I don't get enough insps to keep up with the expenditure. It's still good practice when soloing though.

Edited by Sovera

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

I use insps when I need them. Generally speaking, on most of my alts, they are for "oh crap" moments, and I like to know what I have and where it is for those very moments. If you are using them constantly they are scattered all over the place and there is no guarantee you'll have what you need, or have time to combine to get what you need, before it's too late. Equally I have no problem with people that use them all at once. It's just a preference thing.

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I see the alternate argument but have a differing view

Even if I’ve setup my insp tray for a tough AV battle I’ll still use the left most line of insps and mash my F1 key to clear them out whenever full. To not use them is being inefficient and missing out on additional buffs 

Another pet peeve are ranged characters who stay solely at range when I am blessing the earth with God’s Fulcrum Shift. Come close and feel the warmth of our Kinetic Lord (amen)